Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Moderation of "tech" sections

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by Raymond, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

Was it me? Honestly, I don't remember things that happened even yesterday. :eek:
    If it was, I apologize. If this is a current issue, I'd be glad to look at it (whether it was me that forgot the first time or not).

2. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

3. 97mustang3.8l

97mustang3.8l $500 DX Killa

no lol i was refering to sean and the stickers. I didnt even know you were an admin lol.

4. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

If you have a problem with a mod, go to Kuplex, Nikko, or maybe John. Sean is usually way too busy with his own stuff and managing the site.

Oh... and I'm the one taking over the sticker matter. ;)

5. Nvacca

Nvacca Well-Known Member

id have to agree w/ ray here too, even though i have absolutely no problem with any staff here, it does seem like unneeded opinions are expressed in tech sections by staff. as much as i love watching you guys reem new guys in OT tech should simply be tech. but **** no ones perfect and its hard to keep your opinion hidden. juust my .02

6. 97mustang3.8l

97mustang3.8l $500 DX Killa

now about those stickers... hook it up:thumbup:

7. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

Raymond, I've answered this question for many, many years on this forum. You NEED to upgrade the dampers with any increase in spring rate.

The dampers are their to soften spring oscillations, that's why they are called "dampers". They dampen oscillations. Stock dampers will be completely useless with an increase in spring rate. The suspension will not function correctly as designed. The springs will easily overpower the dampers.

Consider this bad example. Your hand waving through the air is the springs. You can easily wave it back and forth in the air with very little to slow it down. Now wave your hand back and forth underwater. It's much harder and your hand is prevented from continuing to oscillate back and forth. In this example, air is the stock dampers and the water is upgraded dampers. Is this clear to you?

This is not my opinion. This is fact. Dampers are not just to make the car ride better.

8. white_steed

white_steed New Member

i just think alot of people on this site take it way too seriously.

im sure ill get bitched at because i only have 1000 or so posts, but theres a reason for it.

i only post when i make a thread or put up pictures or answer someones question i can help them with.

if this site blew up tomorrow, my life wouldnt be changed. i just hope theres alot more people like me on this site.

9. slvr2000stang

slvr2000stang Another Statistic

No where near as annoying as the typical.

"Sticky .. Search ... Locked"

10. Raymond

Raymond `

I hate that as well, seems to happen a lot in bolt-ons. It's like, yeah the poster is new... but that's no reason not to help them out. :thumbdown:

11. klotzstang

klotzstang Well-Known Member

I noticed that, too.

12. NMStang218

NMStang218 Hello My Name Is

What gets to me is when people who dont know what theyre talking about post in the tech section. In most cases, theyre arent even helping out at all. Seriously, is post count really worth that much?

13. matt'sdrag95

matt'sdrag95 Moderator

However not nearly as annoying as people that feel that because they're new to the site, or lazy that they don't have to search through previous threads before posting the 1millionth thread asking about lowering, or gears, or whatever.

Do people really need to be spoon fed that much? There's absolutely no reason to create a brand new thread to ask the same question that's been asked and answered 100 times.
    "I searched, and I know it says that 4.10s aren't a great highway gear... but I don't drive on the highway that much, what do you guys think?"

Seriously think about that. It has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

"What do I think?" I think that people should start reading tech sticky's more, and start searching through the wiki and older tech threads to reach their own conclusions regarding topics that have been beaten to death. I think that people should stop being so lazy sometimes and stop expecting to be spoon fed every answer just so they can feed all warm and fuzzy.
    Furthermore, I think that people can expect that if they act that way that they can expect their threads to be locked or deleted (at least in my little section of the world, per the rules in that section), and I don't have to clarify, justify, or even reply to the angry PM I get when I do so that says something to the extent of "I don't know why you felt the need to lock my thread, it's totally different that every other thread about gears... I have aftermarket wheels."

Search....Read....then post only if it's something that hasn't been covered... period. It's a tech section, not a babysitter for people with insecurities.

14. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

I agree with you... mostly. I feel that the search function is inadequate, especially if you type in multiple words. It searched for just one of the words in each thread, recently I had to go searching through 10 pages of results because it didn't give me an exact result and that's with narrowing down everything.

Sometimes the search function is not fully responsive, thus the reason why people have to repeat questions. Just my opinion though...

15. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
  16. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

it's not hard when it's something basic you're looking for.

I was looking for painting instructions on painting the rear valence of my car. I didn't get any threads that specifically told me how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
  17. aowpsycho

aowpsycho gay

Hasn't everything been covered at one time or another? That would mean no new threads from here on out...just my .02

18. Brandon

Brandon Better Than Sliced Bread!

their are MANY ways to do something right and many ways to do something good without many issues. The RIGHT Way to do something may cost you more but it is the RIGHT way to do it... you can cut corners and save money and be fine in some places and in others you cant~ this is where opinions come in hopefully.

19. taylor0987

taylor0987 New Member

Yeah I'm not thrilled about how fast some threads get locked.

Searching isn't always that easy. A lot of car terms are three letter words
    i.e. searching for
    cam

won't get you any results unless you know the trick for doing it.

Yup you are right. Everything's been covered somewhere. Even if it's not here you could just search on Google for it. There is little need for a forum if people can't ask the same questions or discuss things.

20. aowpsycho

aowpsycho gay

a moderator who understands! :) :thumbup: