Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Moderation of "tech" sections

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by Raymond, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

I've run into that problem myself when what I'm looking for doesn't meet the minimum character requirements. I'm usually forced to mix it with different keywords until I get what I'm looking for.

2. Zr-01Stang

Zr-01Stang SavageStang

YA i agree i mean yes i am quite new to the mustang tech stuff and i usually cant find anything real informative when i search so i ask for someone to help me out but i usually just get bitched at for askin for some advice or help:thumbdown:

3. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Honestly, I don't care if people want to ask for advice or help... my problem is that MANY basic questions have been answered in the stickies and forum announcements for the various sections. When someone posts a question that has already been answered there, it means they didn't take even a little time to do some reading and educate themselves.

The stickies and forum announcements are there for a reason; they provide lots of valuable information in a clear and concise format. If someone can't even take the time to check them out... why should I think they're going to listen to anything else anyone has to say on the matter?

Furthermore, when the same threads gets posted over and over and over and over again... the entire section becomes repetitive, boring, and pretty stale. This results in the knowledgable members leaving, and all that's left are the idiots who end up providing misinformation, which spreads like a cancer through the entire community.

We saw it happen in Bolt-on's once before... none of us want to see it happen again.

4. Brandon

Brandon Better Than Sliced Bread!

I find it that many people read the info but want to double check to see if anything has changed and get feedback from others. They just dont want to mess up their vehicle.

5. matt'sdrag95

matt'sdrag95 Moderator

Ooooor they don't believe what they read unless someone answers directly to their question and their question only.

It's been the same platform since 1979, do you really think that throw out bearing squeals, lowering springs, gear swaps, etc are new ideas?

There's a reason why 3.8 has probably one of the worst technical sections of any website... it's flooded with nothing more than freshman level questions covering the same topics again and again. It's like people's memory and attention span only lasts a week. They come back first thing Monday morning and forget that the same questions were hashed out last week.

If you don't want to mess up your vehicle, don't touch it. If you're too lazy to really read up on what you want to do before you do it, maybe you should pay to have somebody else do it for you.

It would be really nice to have the standard of intelligence raised if you ask me. I personally haven't looked to this site for info/help/advice in quite a few years. When all you do is give, and get nothing in return, it's a lot easier to become annoyed with people that can't even take the time to educate themselves on their own before posting threads asking the equivalent to "What's 2 plus 2?"