Music City Mustang Club Track Day (with vids)

greensteeda

Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!
This weekend was the second track event I have been able to get to and this one was in Nashville with the Music City Mustang Club at the Nashville Super Speedway. Bigez and Rico (chaoticdismay) came all the way up from Texas to join in on the fun. I got a camera to try to get some good in car videos but I still have to work on some settings to get it to look better. Still an AV noob here. I realized at the end of the day that I am terrible at remembering to take pictures so I hope Eric can add to the small collection of what I have.

The Texas boys didn't get into town until 2 a.m on Saturday morning and after 3.5 hours of sleep we headed out to make it to tech inspection by 7 a.m. I got a chance to take Eric out on the track and try to help him get up to speed. I have a ton of footage but I have just picked out a few clips as not to bore you:p

First pics:

And now for some vids.

One lap with BigEz

Passing a fox who I later on found out was running slicks:thumbup: Sorry about the buzzing, I have no idea when that started.

Why you should always look as far ahead on the track as you can. The flagman was suppose to throw the yellow because we had a guy spin but he grabbed the red flag (stop where you are) and cause a mess. Funny when he tried to correct it by yelling "GO!!!"

And one from outside the car.
[youtube]RT-4gQlEiiA[/youtube]

I'm sure Ez has more pics of better quality so he can post those up whenever he gets a chance. Overall it was a great day, it got hot but we found refuge in some unused pits. After the racing we had a hell of a good meal of ribs and beer. Then promptly passed out after 4 beers at 10:30:lol:.It was great to meet Eric and Richard and hope they had a good time in the great state of Tennessee.

Last edited by a moderator:

matthews.stang

Looks like fun. :thumbup:

One of the guys in the SVTOA-N told me that it was so hot a GT500 popped a power steering line there. :lol:

greensteeda

Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!
Looks like fun. :thumbup:

One of the guys in the SVTOA-N told me that it was so hot a GT500 popped a power steering line there. :lol:

I'm not sure what the full story was but I think it was a radiator hose that gave up on him on the front straight. That same run group also had a Shelby Cobra that dumped a rod through the oil pan on the first run of the day. There was also a new edge saleen that took a spin, whet to cut some grass and never got the car fired up again so he just hung out with the corner workers for the rest of the session:lol:

For some reason it was just a day full of cars breaking.

matthews.stang

I'm not sure what the full story was but I think it was a radiator hose that gave up on him on the front straight. That same run group also had a Shelby Cobra that dumped a rod through the oil pan on the first run of the day. There was also a new edge saleen that took a spin, whet to cut some grass and never got the car fired up again so he just hung out with the corner workers for the rest of the session:lol:

For some reason it was just a day full of cars breaking.
If I wasn't getting the car aligned that morning, I would have been out there watching hilarity ensue. :lol:

BigEZ

Between two ferns
Looks like a bunch of fun hey bigez what kind of exhaust do you have?
It's a full mac exhaust. Mac LT's, Mac catted H, and Mac cat backs. For some reason in videos it doesnt sound all that great but in person its :drool:tastic.

JustSpeed7

J.Rodriguez
Damn thats the exact setup I want, But I cant find a catted H anywhere, can I use a Gt midpipe and gt catback with longtubes?

BigEZ

Between two ferns
Damn thats the exact setup I want, But I cant find a catted H anywhere, can I use a Gt midpipe and gt catback with longtubes?
Yeah I was lucky Mysteed had the set up on one of his cars and was looking to sell it so i jumped on it as fast as i could. I dont think the gt midpipe will work. Are you looking to buy the H pipe brand new?

JustSpeed7

J.Rodriguez
Yeah not right now but I want to buy it later on down the road, right now I just bought 18 DD Bullits and just got to buy one more tire, then CC Plates and Eibach kit and a bunch of other stuff, LOL! Like Mach chin, Gt side scoops painted, new simco cluster and then exhaust, LOL!

BigEZ

Between two ferns
Yeah not right now but I want to buy it later on down the road, right now I just bought 18 DD Bullits and just got to buy one more tire, then CC Plates and Eibach kit and a bunch of other stuff, LOL! Like Mach chin, Gt side scoops painted, new simco cluster and then exhaust, LOL!
Yeah the list never seems to end does it lol. Mine just keeps growing and getting more expensive.