Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mustang GT, Cobra, and Mach 1 Mod Analysis Thread

Discussion in 'Mustang Talk' started by 3.8MustangSteve, Dec 23, 2004.

1. tyees2002

tyees2002 00 GT

2000 GT- All stock except Vortech V2SQ, 42lb injectors, focus pump, with 3.60 8 psi pulley. Diablo Tuned, the car made 367rwhp 364rwtq. Idles like stock, Drives like stock until you get on it of course. Couldn't be happier with this setup...I went straight to this setup because I didn't wanna **** around with bolt ons that id just be taking off down the road when i went forced induction(ie: intake, ud pullies)

Come spring time I'll get some times posted, so you guys pondering the SC route can see what kinda times you are looking at. Cheers fellas.

edit: and an LMAF

2. wikedcobra312

wikedcobra312 Hendiesel

1999 ford rio-red cobra(285rwhp/280rwtq stock)
    bought in novemeber 2006
    jlt cai
    brothers performance pulleys
    bassani off road x
    bassani catback w/ 4.5" tips

3. blackskidd

blackskidd Ls1 hunter

2000 GT
    All boltons 800.00 (ebay)
    Nitrous 600.00
    gears 400 installed
    enough power to tear up the ls1s and those cocky evo owners so im happy

4. AmerMuscledAzn

AmerMuscledAzn CAMARO HATER

Sold my '02 auto V6 for:
    2004 Roush Stage 2 (1 of 13 for 2004 in the whole world)
    No mods other than the factory Stage 2 Roush goodies
    37,000 miles

5. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

That was helpful.:uhh: :lol:

I guess I might as well do my GT.

2003 Mustang GT 5-speed
    Pypes catted X and Bassani mufflers- It sounds AMAZING, it's somewhat quite down low but once it gets to around 2100 it has a very loud drone that sounds :drool: :drool: :drool:. I was a little worried about it being too quiet but I just never let the car run below 2k.:eek: :lol: It seems there is a small performance gain. With just the catted X the idle was unchanged as well as the tone down low pretty much. But once the RPM's got midrange you could definitely tell it was deeper.

6. Candace

Candace I know all about that.

Ceramic LT Headers on a Mach 1:

Price varies. Really woke the car up even more in the higher RPMs, coupled with a Prochamber, the sound is deeper but not drastically different. Your v8 Mustang needs headers, period, you can thank me later. :D

7. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

1999 Mustang GT

CAI - Came with the car so cant say much about it.

O/R X-pipe with Flows - Great all around rumble with the throttle response to back it up.($125)

UDPs - Really felt the SOP feel after installing it and improved my gas mileage a bit.($85)

75mm TB and P&P Trickflow Plenum - This is what i guess made the biggest improvement powerwise. The car pulls way stronger through out the powerband and is a must buy, well worth the money :thumbup:.($185)

8. TGUNS06GT

TGUNS06GT I wish I had a 900hp wing

06' GT (mods in progress... newly purchased)

Done-JLT Cold Air Intake....Fords High Output performance Exhaust....Side window louvers... 25%tint all around..upgraded 18" Rims

On the way-Borla Exhaust...Paxton Supercharger....Gears....whatever else I think of.. ;) haha

9. Quiksilver1284

Quiksilver1284 SVT at last

Car - 2001 Cobra Convertible

VMP Mail order tune

Took a 3 months to get my tunes via email:thumbdown: However, the tune is awesome. Holy crap, installed the tune, and the car came to life. The engine winds up so much faster. It even sounds meaner. At WOT, the motor just roars.

4.10's

99-01 Cobras feel remarkably lame with the stock gearing. After installation of 4.10's, the car will really wake up. Definitely a must have mod IMO.

JLT CAI

Good quality finish. The fit leaves something to be desired. The car definitely feels better up top. Decent mod, kind of expensive for what it is IMO. Also was a pain in the ass to install. Easy to get all the couplings on, but getting everything tightened and fitting correctly was a challenge.

Mod - MAC off road H-pipe

Really good fit and finish IMO. The car feels amazing in the upper RPM's. However, down low it really feels like it lost some oomph in the torque department. The sound is awesome. Its loud, but has a decent tone IMO. When flooring it, it sounds like a racecar; I love it. Was a bit of a PITA to install by myself on the garage floor.

H&R Race springs for IRS

Installation of the front was a breeze. The rears however held me up for about a week. Could not get these damn things in the IRS, and was stuck driving a ridiculously raked car. Luckily our member Brandon was able to give me a few tips on installation. Thanks again Brandon.

The car handles amazing in comparison to the stock springs. The car doesn't nose dive under hard braking, or rear backwards during hard acceleration. The ride is actually better than with the stockers, however, some of that may be contributed to the bilsteins that were installed at the same time.

03/04 Bilstein shocks and struts

Installation is easy as hell. Good quality piece.

The car rides amazingly smooth in comparison to the stock crappers. I don't feel every little bump in the road anymore. Definitely an awesome upgrade for the 99-01 guys.

The combo of the bilsteins, and h&r's reduced my hop by about 83.64%:lol: Seriously they made an amazing difference in keeping the rubber to the road.

Steeda Tri-Ax

Good quality piece. The Tri-Ax is definitely an improvement over stock. However, I really preferred the MGW that was in the old v6, and will probably swap this out in favor of an MGW in the future.

10. wikedcobra312

wikedcobra312 Hendiesel

2004 Mystichrome Cobra #1314 of 3768, #874 of 1010 Mystichrome! -Steeda 2.8 Upper, Full Centerforce DFX 26 pline, Liberty 26 spline input shaft, MAC O/R H, MAC 2 1/2 Catback, NGK tr-6, K&N, FIPK2 CAI, milehidyno tune

11. taronis

taronis New Member

To follow on:
    car-2003 Mustang cobra (SVT)
    modifications-
    K. and N. cold air
    4r75w automatic
    4 pound lower pulley
    B. and M. Hammer shifter
    sure grip handicapped hand controls
    rearseat delete to accommodate my wheelchair

yes, I drive this cobra with hand controls. But I'm in bit of a nut.

12. Zach

Zach Blank.

thats bad ass! at least you didnt let a problem hold you down.

13. LilRoush

LilRoush Rare Roush Collector

I'll toss on my $.02 to bump this thread.

1998 Roush Stage 2+ (GT based)

Eaton M112 @ 6psi, Roush MAF to fender CAI, SVO heads, Roush tune
    T56, Alum flywheel, 3.55
    Roush springs / sway bars / control arms, Roush spec Bilstien dampers, MM CC plates, Roush/Alcon 14" brakes

Peak power is low and mid range. Handles like it's on rails, very well mannered on the street. 14" brakes are leaps and bounds ahead of the 13" set up on the V6. Fairly good on gas - seeing mid 20s highway. Roush tune is leaving a bit on the table, and the 6 psi from the Eaton is barely making use of how much air the SVO heads can have forced into them.

I'm keeping the stock mid pipe and have a quiet cat back b/c it's my DD and my 10 month old daughter rides in the back at least 3 days a week.

Rear gearing, T56 and boost make for a fun driver.