Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mustang of the Month

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by The C06, Nov 29, 2007.

1. The C06

The C06 Mike

I searched this and it seems that there are only links to other sites that have such a contest. Why not have one for this website?:D :thumbup:

2. Raymond

Raymond `

We used to have it on the main page, but they stopped doing it.

3. Chet

Chet Lions > Bears

because it was never updated in years. :lol:

4. The C06

The C06 Mike

Well we should get a list of people who would like to have it, and send it in or something:uhh:

5. Raymond

Raymond `

That's the problem. The list of people who wanted to "nominate" their own cars got out of control, and it was a big hassle to update the page every month apparently.

6. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

The front page is going to be replaced by the wiki at some point anyways...

7. The C06

The C06 Mike

I'm sure they have, but have they tried narrowing it down somehow?

8. slipk911

slipk911 New Member

we should just have a thread with pics and a poll

9. The C06

The C06 Mike

10. d3ko

d3ko get blown

x2 :thumbup:

11. The C06

The C06 Mike

Does anyone wanna try and attempt to get this started? :D :love:

12. Steve Haught

Steve Haught New Member

Yes, on another site i saw that u could only nominate certain cars. Like one month it said, something like 99-04 with specific body parts. then it gave like one week for cars to be nominated, then one week for voting. Just another idea.

13. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

Any of you are free to do this however you want using the forum or wiki.

The tools exist for you to do it. Go forth and develop.

14. Gameboy_J

Gameboy_J Coming Soon...Coilovers.

Ok, I want to start this thread. I think it is a great idea. Anyone that wants to work with me on making it happen should PM me. What do you guys think the best way to go about this would be?

I was thinking of starting a thread asking for anyone who is interested to host up 1 photo of any mustang that they want to nominate (as long as it belongs to a member here) and PM me the link to the photo along with a short description of the vehicle (including: year, model, mods, etc.). Then along with the poll we can add all of the pics and descriptions to the first post. Set a date for voting to begin and let a mod add the poll when it is time.

We can start calling for pics and then allow two weeks for submissions, then allow two weeks for voting. The winner would be nominated as Car of the Month (whatever the following month was at that point). Then the winner could submit a few extra photo's showing off his/her winning ride. That would be the end of that thread. The next month would require a new thread with NEW pictures.

I am not sure of how many poll options there can be though. As everyone here knows, we have a lot of pic whoring members who will probably jump on submitting pics but how many contenders can we have? Another issue is ensuring that this happens every month. I mean, it obviously doesn't have to, but it would be nice if this was kept up with and not just forgotten about after two months. Also, for this to get the attention it deserves it would have to go in Off Topic. Since it is more "Mustang Talk" it will probably get moved. In MT it wouldn't get much attention though. Is anyone seriously interested in getting this going? If there were a group of us we could take turns running it. Say 6 of us are willing to make it happen. We each sign up for a month.

This might be a huge cluster****, but it might also turn out pretty cool. I would like to know if there are any other serious supporters of this idea though! Let me know what you guys think!

15. Raymond

Raymond `

16. drew_shipley

drew_shipley Bullitt #5023

Justin to keep things simple maybe we should only allow rules for nominations. Such as you cannot nominate your own car, each nomination must be seconded by another member and then accepted by the owner, only cars that are owned by a member of this site can be nominated, etc.

You could set up a schedule to do this. Say the first week of the month is for nominations, the second week of the month is for voting. At the end of the month the car with the most votes is the next month's "Car of the Month". You would then have the remainder of the month to put together images and information on the car for the car of the month page. If there's enough interest you could make the cars of the month into a nice calendar for members at the end of the year as well.

Also, you might look into making rules on winning cars such as once a car has won they cannot be nominated for the rest of the calendar year.

Just some thoughts...

17. TaylorGT

TaylorGT What the deuce?

The reason we don't have a "Car of the Month" is because this is no longer a auto website. It is composed of idiots, noobs, and OT members.

...oh and then theres SOME car discussion along with all that.

18. Gameboy_J

Gameboy_J Coming Soon...Coilovers.

We are on the same page! I thought of the rules you listed, but it started getting really complicated quickly. The calender would be something that I personally wouldn't want to take responsibility for, but would be a cool idea. I also agree that you should only win once per 12 month period...assuming that this does continue to be an every month event. I don't think it has to be difficult, unless we make it that way.

Anyone else on board?

19. Raymond

Raymond `

I agree to an extent. The tech sections still hold a lot of important and usefull information, but I agree the OT section has taken over... hell, half our new members don't even own Mustangs, some downright do not like Mustangs, yet they come here to whore up the off topic section.

20. The C06

The C06 Mike

I like your idea a lot. It seems like it would work out to me. Everything time wise seems reasonable. There really needs to be a way to narrow down the categories (maybe by year or somethin)