Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My brand new 2011 v6 Mustang!!

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Adamd, May 31, 2010.

1. LilRoush

LilRoush Rare Roush Collector

It is N/A right now.

2. Adamd

Adamd Sweet!

O Ok thanks for the info!

3. Sanchez

Sanchez I CAN HEAR GOD

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe go in dressed a little better, shave, brush your teeth, and comb your hair. Its amazing how quick salesmen will let you drive pretty much anything if you at least look like youre a responsible adult.

4. Isambard

Isambard Damn chipmunks!

I wouldn't test drive one anyway, I'd end up buying one and who would be crazy enough to do that!

:taylor:

5. homsar66

homsar66 Status: Not dead

I wanted one of these too bad, but even with employee discount and costomer loyalty discounts, couldn't afford it :(.
    Gorgeous car though

6. kobudo

kobudo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was kind of shocked to see the sticker price on these things... Sure Ford did some nice things to them, but I would really like to see an LX trim that shaves some creature comforts, weight, and price.

7. GSRGuy94

GSRGuy94 Not a Mod... Yet

There's not really a market for that kind of model now though... if anything, there would be an "enthusiast" package that might cost a bit more. There are MILLIONS of people willing to buy the Mustangs at the price they are selling them, so there is no need for them to lower the price.

8. kobudo

kobudo Well-Known Member

I know. Give it a few years for sales to slump back down a bit as the market starts getting some used 2011s thrown in to compete with new 2011-style car sales... assuming they don't just change the whole model line again and make an even better Mustang.

I may be ready to buy a new car again by then, and the GF/soon-to-be fiancée already wants a grocery getter as a daily driver. No need to have two big sedans/SUVs.

9. shoaf

shoaf New Member

I'm a valet, so i drive alot of these newer mustangs that come in all the time, the 2011 model of the mustang is awesome, the 6 speed transmission in the v6 just makes so much more room for opportunity! the 5.0 gt's will put you in your seat...believe me lol.

10. Isambard

Isambard Damn chipmunks!

Annnnd that's why my tuner has a valet tune option :D

11. Adamd

Adamd Sweet!

That's cool you can do that! I am sure that is needed with some idiots driving cars lol!

However with new Mustangs you can program a key as a safety key for like your kid so they are speed limited to whatever you set it to or whatever. You can also limit how loud the speakers can go etc.

So I could program a key just for people I don't want messing around with my car. But I never go anywhere where someone would drive my car and park it so that wil never happen.

12. Adamd

Adamd Sweet!

Just for an update on my Mustang...

I now have over 5,000 miles on it :( All are still fun miles and it is still running like a champ! Funny it is right around my post count but in miles lol.

13. GSRGuy94

Take it to the track :thumbup:

14. Synyster06Gates

Synyster06Gates New Member

5k miles already!? Jesus christ!

15. GSRGuy94

5,000 miles in three months is nothing :lol:. I put 20k miles on my old Frontier in three months.

16. Adamd

Adamd Sweet!

My Mustang has kind of converted into a work vehicle as well. So it is HVAC install ready at all times at least when I have my tools in it during the day.

I don't really mind driving it around to work sites since it saves time from having to drive to the shop everyday, pick up a vehicle and then drive to the site and repeat on the way home during rush hour traffic. So daily I save over an hour of drive time! I think that makes it worth it.

It is kind of flashy to bring to job sites but O well and I just don't care lol. I am surprised at how large the trunk really is once I jam my tools in it.

17. GSRGuy94

I used to do HVAC and appliance repair as well... averaged 200 miles a day, 6 days a week.

18. Adamd

Adamd Sweet!

Dang that's a lot of miles. Lucky for me I do the installs and don't do any service work so once I get to a site I am set for the day. Unless it is far away I will just use my Mustang.

19. GSRGuy94

I used my old '98 Mustang GT for a little over a month, but after ~9,000 miles or so it had enough. So I got the Frontier.

20. Garycs

Garycs New Member

I rented one from Hertz last weekend and I was impressed. I am now thinking about buying a wreaked 2011 3.7v6 Mustang to take the motor, trans, and wiring and put it into my Ranger offroad class 1450 race truck.

Can you do me a big favor and send me the measurements of the V6? I would need the width, from the outside of the exhaust manifolds, the length, from the front of the pulleys to the trans or bell housing, and the height, the deepest part of the oil pan to the top of the engine.

You can also email me at [email protected] or call me at 623-205-6178 in AZ.

Thanks, Gary