1. Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My car is making a rubbing sound when i turn the wheel left

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by johntheripper, Aug 15, 2007.

Social Buttons
  1. johntheripper

johntheripper New Member

The car will only make this sound if the car is barely moving at all. If i turn the wheel slightly to left while letting it idle out of a spot it will make a real loud rubbing sound. It will make the sound in reverse if I turn the wheel to the right backing into a spot.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
  2. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

Take off your wheel/tire and look for a spot that has been rubbing. Have someone walk beside your car and listen will you drive it slowly and turn. Could be bad tirerod, balljoint, or something on the brake caliper loose and rubbing.
  3. johntheripper

johntheripper New Member

My mechanic just got married and is on a honeymoon, so i cant get it to the shop anytime soon.

I have a feeling my power steering pump is letting go as the car only makes the sound when backing out of a spot or cutting the wheel hard at low speed.
  4. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

Mechanic ????? Just take your tire off and look. Its not that hard. If you have zero clue about working on your car and are dead set on having a "mechanic" do it for you, why are you asking us for help.
  5. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

Your words -

Im a simple guy. Doesnt take much to keep me happy. The sound of a cobra revin up or my fender stratocaster playin some hendrix or zeppelin. Most people know me as Ripper cause of my guitar skills. I want to be a mechanic, love getting my hands dirty and learning something new. In my spare time i usually play some guitar, detail my car, and just hang out with my friends.

Get out there and learn dude.
  6. johntheripper

johntheripper New Member

i dont have a decent jack, but i am bringing it to my friends house tomorrow to take see what it is. My mechanic pretty much will help me do the work myself at his shop once he gets back. Id rather have someone who knows what they are doing help me then try and do it all by myself. :lol: :thumbup:
  7. johntheripper

johntheripper New Member

Put the car on a lift today and couldnt find anything wrong. This is problem is really starting to piss me off. :lol: