Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Day Sucks Because

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Travis, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Travis

Travis Lexus ES350 - Nissan Skyline GTR

My day sucked because I witnessed a man running over his wife with his truck when I pulled out of my apartment complex this morning.

I was one of two actual witnesses not including the victim or the driver of the vehicle. From my point of view and focus, I wasn't completely paying attention to the vehicle until it did a little hop and I noticed the body on the ground behind it. I made a U turn and blocked off 2 lanes of traffic with my car while calling police. They told me they had another person who phoned it in seconds before I did.

A pair of firefighters who happened to be pumping gas 30 to 40 yards away saw the commotion, heard the screaming, and assisted with the victim. Her right arm and face were completely mangled. It took firefighters another 5 minutes show up from when I called. The ambulance was a couple minutes behind them. All in all, I was there for about an hour and half before police got everything they needed from me.

I can handle gore in movies, video games, and usually in internet videos as well. In person, gore doesn't bother me all that much either. It's not pretty, but unless blood is flowing or spurting the sight of innards alone doesn't get my heart racing. What really struck me to my core was her screaming. The nonstop screaming and yelling of "it hurts it hurts IT HURTS." I was in a pretty horrific car wreck 6 years ago. I was conscious from the time EMS showed up. I remember waiting, I remember hurting, I remember being really confused about all the blood. What I remember the most though was just whiteblinding incredible pain whenever the car shifted or I was moved. Hearing someone else have to go through that was painful. I don't know any other word for it. I've been on and off tears randomly all day. I've talked with several friends and my parents. Talking about it is ok, but doesn't seem to really matter right now.

When I stop what I'm doing and just think, all I can hear is her.

I know she'll be okay. Her breathing was fine. Her communication was fine. The right side of her face will have to be put back together. All of her extremities were moving except her one arm. I hope she doesn't lose it. I hope she doesn't remember the pain she went through. I don't really know what to say. I feel like crap though.

2. kgmx856

kgmx856 Dirtbike Aficionado

Damn. How did he run over her? Not paying attention?

3. Travis

The other witness, a woman who owns the UHaul shop across the street, claimed that the truck had been parked on the shoulder for a good twenty minutes. As I was driving up, the victim was exiting the car and the driver accelerating hard. She likely mistepped or fell when he gunned it and had part of her body run over by the right rear passenger tire. The truck was slightly lifted and the tires were larger than stock. I didn't listen to the other witnesses statement, so I'm just making assumptions about the specifics. The important part was that he gunned it as she was hopping out. I saw the truck accelerate, do a little hop, then slam on the brakes. I didn't see her exit the vehicle or see her body get hit.

4. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

my day sucks b/c i found out my ex wife has a new boyfriend that crashes on her couch when my son is over. he's almost 50, going through a divorce, and plead guilty over the summer to a stalking charge she put on him.

do i win?

5. Travis

Pretty sure your ex being with a loser is some form of winning.

6. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

in some ways yes. its great for me 4 days of the week.lol.

7. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

That sucks man. I definitely know the feeling of seeing/hearing something you really wish you hadnt. It'll stay in your mind, no doubt about it. Even when you think you have forgotten about it, the smallest thing triggers that horrible memory back. It was part of my job in Iraq having to pick up vehicles with pieces of what used to be your friend inside the truck and bringing it back to the FOB. Sometimes it gets so bad that you'll end up tearing up and start drinking to see if it goes away but it doesnt. It only gets worse.

I feel bad for you Travis, I really do. If you need anyone to talk to, especially someone who has gone through the same thing, you can pm me your number and I will do my best to help you get through this.

8. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

MDSB I spent $800 on a new catalytic converter for a car with 200,000 miles on it that I don't even like.

MDS worse because I finally got a written job offer for a new position I interviewed for a month ago, and because of our completely incompetent and meddling HR department it's for $5k less than I originally negotiated. $5k isn't a **** ton of money or anything, but right now it's the difference between my wife needing to get a job outside the house in a few months or not.

Feeling defeated today.

9. GrumpyStang

GrumpyStang no Supporting Member

Damn that's brutal. Couldn't imagine seeing or hearing something like that in real life or being the woman having to go through that.

10. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

pt cruiser cost more to fix than my original estimate. i conveniently left that out of my thread so i know how you feel.

11. FergusonRed6er

FergusonRed6er Call me Bruno

I once saw a girl get hit by a bus. She was drunk stumbling on the sidewalk, missed a step and walked onto the street. She was hit head on by a bus going 30-35 mph. It was an incredibly loud thud and everyone around just stared in shock. I was maybe 20 feet away from her and within seconds I could see a pool of blood around her head.

I heard about it weeks later and somehow she only had a dislocated shoulder, a broken clavicle and a sprained neck with scrapes and bruises around her upper body. We honestly thought it hit her head and she died on impact. Crazy ****.

12. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

all this talk reminds me of a story i read last week. dudes a beast........

13. Taylor

Taylor New Member

My day once sucked (kinda relevant)

When I lived in St. Louis I was headed to work and police had the opposite side of the road closed off. As I drove by I saw a maybe 25 - 30 year old woman crying her eyes out and screaming. Also, a Ford Explorer was stopped like it had been in an accident.

As I drove by I noticed a small boy (less than 10 years old) between the fender well and the tire. He was obviously dead. His mom screaming left a huge impression in my mind.

:disgust:

14. GrumpyStang

GrumpyStang no Supporting Member

If we still did awards this thread would definitely win Most Depressing Thread of 2012

getsidewayzdrift likes this.
  15. 3.8Mateo

3.8Mateo Wild and Free bro

I was with a group of 4 of my good.friends, after leaving a party. We were driving and came up on am accidnet, we were the first on scene. It was a kid who left the same party 5 minutes before up who rolled his car and was thrown out of the drivers window. He died on us while we were providing BLS waiting for the emergency responders. That image is forever imprinted in my brain.

On a lighter note, my day sucks because I have to change the clutch master cylinder in my girls corolla for the 3rd time in 5 years, most recent.being a year and a half ago.

16. eric1997

eric1997 Hustle Everyday

I just realized I've never gotten hurt or seen anyone get hurt before.

17. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

my day sucks b/c ATT has a problem with an OC48 of theirs. As a result, my OC3 has been down at work all morning.

18. mac_mogul

mac_mogul Ned knows best.

My day sucks because...

Oh, no it doesn't.

19. ExoDus

ExoDus Best member nobody knows

woke up with a running nose and a slightly sore throat. No es bueno.

20. ExoDus

ExoDus Best member nobody knows

Well, every day of yours could suck, considering you lika the way a dick tastes. Being gay is not easy.