Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My intake setup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tiresmoke, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Tiresmoke

Tiresmoke One Twisted SMF!

I don't really know if this is the right place to put this, but whatever. I was just wondering what you guys thought of my future intake setup. This is before any porting/polishing takes place. It will be awhile, but I plan on having it ready by the end of next summer.

-CDC Shaker Scoop System (released for 3.8s next spring)
    -K&N Filter in Custom-Made (sheet-metal) heat shield (stock position)
    -Bored stock maf (already done, kinda stupid but whatever)
    -Densecharger maf-tb tube
    -Phenolic spacers

Since I drove a '79 T/A w/ a Shaker, I have loved them. I know that the setup won't add much power, and that ram air is arguabely unneffective, and that is expensive at 700-800 dollars, but it it that cool to me. Start the car, the scoop shakes away, rev her up and watch it jump. They look awesome from in and outside of the car. So I wanted to incorporate that into my intake and still get solid gains from it. If you guys think I shoul make any changes, please tell me.

2. slvr2000stang

slvr2000stang Another Statistic

How are you planning to compensate for the Bored stock maf ?

3. Tiresmoke

I'm not sure what you mean. When I first got the Stang I bored it out because I wanted to mod my car, but had no money. It was stupid, it gave little gain, and I hear it messes up the fordchip. I wish I wouldn't have done it, but its too late now. What exactly do you mean to compenstae for it? Are you implying it is a bottleneck?

4. 3.8L_of_Pain

3.8L_of_Pain Street Performance Dawg

Well, itÂ’s different. And you thought it up yourself. I will give you credit for thinking for yourself, being creative, and designing something YOU like. Because in the end, what counts is if you are happy with it.

5. slvr2000stang

slvr2000stang Another Statistic

The MAF as you know now has a non stock flow that the EEC or any chip can not interpret correctly. Are you keeping it or going to try to find a cheap stock unit to replace it? Right now it's kinda like a C&L fooling the EEC.

6. Paul

Paul Loaded to the gunwails

7. Tiresmoke

8. Tiresmoke

If I can find a real cheap stock maf then I'll get it. But at this point I have no problems. When I first did it the mixture leaned out and I got pinging. But I took out the aluminum pate behind the sampling tube and the pinging stopped. I also reset the computer each time I changed something. I will probably try to find a stock maf when I get my fordchip.

Thanks for the input guys. 3.8L_of_Pain thats the whole idea, right. Thanks.