Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My twin turbo build

Discussion in 'Personal Projects and Builds' started by Sideshow Bob, Dec 28, 2014.

1. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

I use a 100 micron filter.

2. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Active Member

Okay I was thinking that my micron was to big for the injectors.

3. Sideshow Bob

Pulled the plugs and injectors to look for problems. All looks good!!! Got a leak in the fuel hat where the wires go though. Not enough steel stick it was made for fuel contact. I'm getting where I can get this tank off in less then ten minutes. Full or M/T

Attached Files:

4. 6 Shooter

Sideshow Bob likes this.
  5. toph6888

toph6888 Active Member

Sideshow Bob likes this.
  6. Sideshow Bob

6 I think I might be able to get that at work. Toph I had bought some of that with the steel stick. Put the steel stick on and thought that's good. I'm going back with all three. Have to do some fpdm wire checks today to make sure all is good. Anyone know what the voltage should be at with key on?

7. 6 Shooter

Different voltages at different locations. 13 volts at the roll over switch, but for only a moment as the PCM has a timer that shuts off after a second or two when first turning on the key. At the pumps, the voltage will be lower based on the flow rate of fuel out of the pumps to the rails and is controlled by the voltage table. The Fuel pump driver module is the unit that bumps voltage to the pumps based on proportional, derivative, and integral signals (PIDs) in the tune vs the pressure at the fuel rails as measured in volts. Whew!!

8. Sideshow Bob

Ok thanks Phil I got 6.8v on each before the pump shutting off. it was a voltage that started at 0 and spooled up to the 6.8v and then shutting off. I think it might of went to 13v if the power had not been cut by the pcm. i'm guessing the pumps are ok.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  9. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

Have you tried a compression test ..and check your valve lash i hope not but maybe your spring isnt closing the exhaust valve fast enough creating scavenging effect something we used to go for in the hondas

10. Sideshow Bob

No not yet I've been working hope to check tomorrow. It may be something with the tune. On a datalog the fuel pumps are running wide open.

11. Sideshow Bob

Ok all back together well almost gas tank is on the floor but hooked up. That's so I can check fuel pump voltage. Everything looks good voltage at the pumps with meter is 4.4v at idle and will increase as I step on the gas and go back to about 4 to 5v at different rpm's. (No load) Compression is 98 to 100lbs that's good enough for me. Idle is alot better after cleaning the idle air. Hope to do a datalog today.

12. Sideshow Bob

All back together and test drive with data log, sent it to Phil to look at. He told me the Idle is off on the rich side. I ordered the Pro Race advanced software will fine-tune with Phil's help. Hope to hit the track next Friday if open. Maybe hit is not a good word. Go to!!!!

13. toph6888

toph6888 Active Member

The software is well worth the money when it comes to custom tuning like this. A little bit hard to understand it all at first, but once you get going you can pick it up quick. Phil helped me a lot with mine, he does a good job getting you started.

14. Sideshow Bob

Well I tried to load the advantage III on the laptop with SCT help by remote and we got a no go. It shows the updater and software but when he try to click on the update it read (%1 is not a valid win32 application) He told me he has never seen that before and that their must be something wrong with my laptop. Haha never seen it but knows it got to be a laptop that has never been a problem. :lol:

15. Sideshow Bob

What a difference a day makes. Got back on remote View with SCT and a Tech named Adam got on and said oh yeah I got this, download is now complete. I was able to install mtf file of the tune on the car now. Just to compare numbers from the stock PCM and changes made to the car and some screen shots Phil sent me just to get familiar with how all this works. Baby steps for this noobie.

Phil II and toph6888 like this.
  16. 6 Shooter

17. Sideshow Bob

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...age-18&usg=AFQjCNG2SMCq0hJI0Lq10BHMW1RCdhefxA

As I try to use this SCT advantage III I have to give Phil a big thank you. I'm trying to research as much as I can to understand how it works without spending $400.00 bucks for the book and cd. So when I try to find anything on how to make a good SCT livewire excel datalog spreadsheet, because the ones I have are not that readable I found this on my first search. :lol:

18. Sideshow Bob

Screenshot

Attached Files:

19. Sideshow Bob

Frist tune with SCT advantage 3 successful. Thanks Phil hope to do a Datalog later. I just let it idle and can tell it's liking it. Had to be somewhere else so no time to log.

20. toph6888

toph6888 Active Member

The Dan Lasota book is a great place to start. Also, make sure your strategy code from the programmer and the one on your key from SCT match. I had given my 4 digit code on the outside of the comp to SCT, but at some point the car had an update from ford so my strategy code was different, and it made me chase issues FOREVER.

As soon as the strategy code match, it was smooth sailing. Glad to hear its going well, go make some power!