Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My twin turbo build

Discussion in 'Personal Projects and Builds' started by Sideshow Bob, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Active Member

Thanks toph
    Funny thing is when I started to load the tune as soon as it started it throw a code error #110DD unable to merry return to stock. and it would not let me. every time I turn the key on it would turn cooling fan on theft light blinking at me and not wanting to load the stock tune. Charged up the battery it was 11.6v tryed again with 13.4v and no problem. man I thought that the dongle was not going to work, because they had a hard time loading it to my computer.

2. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Voltage to the ecu during flashing is extremely important. I made a terrible mistake by wiring power to my wideband and boost gage from that same circuit. Things got much better when I learned to use relays.

Spdricer likes this.
  3. Sideshow Bob

Yeah I remember it happen to another car I have with a xcal2. I just can't remember to look at the voltage on the hand-held before I hit continue, I think I got lucky it reflashed I've read some weren't

4. Sideshow Bob

Because of mechanical issues the car has been a little tuff to tune. With Phil's help and patience I've learned alot about how all this tuning works. I think In a couple of years I'll get it figured out. Or maybe not. Lol
    The car has a 10% rich on the driver's side. I also have wideband issues to figure out. First the the 10% I will do a compression check. First dry then wet with oil in chamber. Maybe a leak down also. New plugs and wires and coil if need be. As for the wideband issues that might require a whole new wideband. I need to get all the problems fixed before tuning can continue. Thanks to Phil I can now make changes in the pro race 3 also make easy to read datalogs. My xcal4 has 102 flashes on it now. I can make changes on pro race down load to car, and start Data log in less then five minutes. Lol

5. Sideshow Bob

I did the compression check. I did not mention that there is a slight miss on the driverside. I did not notice until I tried somethings with the intake tube.
    Phil suggested I unhooked it from the turbos and move it to see if more air flow was going to one side then the other. That's when I could hear the slight miss. That's may be why it shows 10% rich on that side, Unburned fuel. The car has been rich on that side since I first started data logging 6 years ago. I had hooked the MAF right to the WindStar. The test was with four revolutions of the motor with a push button on the starter. One I had to do from under the car driver side back. PITA

Attached Files:

6. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

Switch the o2's bank to bank, this will tell you if you need new sensors. You could also have your injectors cleaned to make sure they flow the same. Is adaptive learning shut off? If not you have to log long term and do the math on what your true correction factor is.

7. Sideshow Bob

Thanks JT
    Over time the new o2's have been switched back and forth. and the old stock o2 back and forth. With no change. I have no rear o2's
    The injectors are new and I've pulled them and nothing in the screen, and still look new. But after I do each one of the step above and no change. I will have the injectors checked, adaptive is off.
    Phil gave me some Datalog points that should let me know what cylinder may be the problem.

8. Sideshow Bob

New plugs in with no change. Driver side still rich and a miss. My coil is on the firewall so my wires can be moved from driver side to passenger side with no problem. If the Miss moves with the wire, that may be the problem if not I will replace the coil.

9. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

The cylinder misfiring will show on the plug and be blacker than others.

10. Sideshow Bob

Hello to all. Been tied up on outher things but have a up date. Still looking for the 10% defferents from bank to bank. Moved bank one injectors to bank two. No change. Next thing I have to do is get my gauges and datalogger to work right. Have a new firewire from summit. Checked it and the wires are right on this one. The old one wire colors did not line up with pins. That's not supposed to be a big deal. You just wire it up like the diagram, but don't want to take a chance.

Attached Files:

11. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Interesting. Just today, been dealing with a similar problem--Wiring up two analog signals using the FireWire, a new LiveLink Software, and a new X4 data logger. Spent some time with both SCT and AEM on the wiring setup. The nomenclature has changed from the Older Verisions of LiveLink and the latest LiveLink which will handle more data fields plus will accept either the X3 or the X$ data logger.

Here goes--
    My AEM UEGO wideband spits out an analog signal 0 - 5 volts. The wire color is blue in the AEM wire harness. The AEM wire harness also has a serial output signal which comes out of the white wire. That used to be for an EGT gauge on the passenger side.

The FireWire allows for two analog inputs. In the new Livewire, one is Analog 7 which uses a red wire for the 0-5 volt analog signal. Plus, it uses a green wire for the ground. Analog 7 (Latest Livewire) is the same as the old Analog 2 (Late versions of Livewire) Am intending to use this Analog 7 input for my AEM wideband O2.

The second analog input is Analog 8, which is the old Analog 1. This uses the orange wire for the 0-5 volts and a blue wire for ground. Am intending to use this input for an EGT gauge.

Think the wiring is correct, but not sure both will work. And, think that the X4 box itself must also be programmed (menu items to select) to tell the box what is being connected.

Stay tuned.

12. Sideshow Bob

Are you going to use the white +5v input on the firewire cable to the xcal?

13. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

No. I asked tech and was told that the 5v wire is to send 5 volts to some other gauge of devise. The XCal already gets 5 volts from the laptop and from the OBD connector.

14. Sideshow Bob

Yeah I went through that when I hook mine up. All the diagrams shows that wire to be hooked up, but the tech told me I didn't need it also.

15. Sideshow Bob

hello to all. I need to get back to work on the car. Got real close to losing it in the Harvey flood, but was spared. I was hopeing to get some track time before it's down for winter. Right now it's a Sea of flooded cars and won't be open for six months. So they say anyways.
    This will give me time to try and fix some problems with the car.