My twin turbo build

Turbang_6

3.8 Turbo Build Under Way
I would contact the company directly and get a brand new set directly. There is no way you should even have to consider running those

Sideshow Bob

That's who told me there was nothing wrong with them. Their tech department told me that's normal in the manufacturing process. I'm going to send this set back to the outlet I got them from. I'll find a place where I can go look at them first.

Sideshow Bob

This is a lot better setup. The bench grinder turns at 3,600 RPM the handheld I've had in my box for about 25 years I never used it till today. It takes the material off at a nice pace very easy to control. When I stuck that other end grinder in that first hole and it spit it back out at me,20190617_094933.jpg
I was sure glad I left the heads to the professional.

Sideshow Bob

Okay I don't have a before picture but it kind of looks like the one in the photo when I started I'll finish the rest of it up with a little sandpaper tool and leave the Sandpaper marks. On a side note it will completely destroyed a cup of coffee.
20190617_103057.jpg 20190617_103007.jpg

Sideshow Bob

Anyone know if the Windstar grommet is supposed to be flush or stick past like in the photo? I got all the porting done and like anything else by the time I got to the last few I had it down pretty good.20190619_175339.jpg

Sideshow Bob

After having no luck with the tech. department at clevite from two different places I went back to rockauto and ordered sealed power cam bearings. They look perfect no buffing or scratches. Go figure

Sideshow Bob

Thanks it's hard to say how much it cost for the turbo kit. I built my own headers intake piping if I had to guess about $2,500 in parts. 750.00 for two Garrett turbos. Treadstone twin intercooler was about 350.00 and about 1000.00 in piping supporting parts blow off wastegates. SCT Cal 4 and MAF etc. It gets expensive there's no real way of telling how much I got in it. I'm still waiting on the machine shop to finish my stroker motor. I'm probably going to have close to 5000.00 in it alone.

Sideshow Bob

I'm still here just been busy doing other things. Still waiting on machine shop for the motor. Going to be pulling the motor out of the blue car and put its K frame in the gray car soon.