Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need a new cell phone

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dvon1981, May 13, 2006.

1. dvon1981

dvon1981 Resident Beer Guy

My contract is up so I get a new phone. I have vorizon. Any suggestions? I def want a flip phone again.

2. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy New Member

I got the Motorolla V551 World Flip Phone camera phone. It's EXCELLENT. And I got Cingular which has the "LEAST" dropped calls.:thumbup:

3. Jiggab00

Jiggab00 Well-Known Member

Meh I just followed the herd and got a Razr. I now understand why everyone and their mother has one. I love it. :D

4. AutoBadges

AutoBadges Well-Known Member

The "V" is a sweet phone that I have :)

5. V6 SSTANG

V6 SSTANG Part Time Racecar Driver

6. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

The Razors dont break? I have heard they can be defective...........

Im also looking for a new phone + provider

7. V6 SSTANG

V6 SSTANG Part Time Racecar Driver

My LCD screen got dirty, I need to open up my razor and do some surgery.

8. AutoBadges

AutoBadges Well-Known Member

I heard the Razors are annoying to press the bottoms bc they are all flat and same level so you have no real 'grip' when you try to push some

9. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

RAZR phone is a good phone. Very sturdy design. I just dropped mine down a level of those wonderful outdoor concrete stairs with all the little rocks in them. The phone took some battle damage but still works great. I have had flip phones in the past and the top flippy bit always becomes loose after a month or so. The RAZR seems to be holding up very well.

I do have two problems with the phone. One is that it is very very vey slow. Its response time to a command is painful. You may end up dialing the wrong number or getting lost in sub menus because of this. Second, dust, and lost of it, accumulate under the plastic protecting the display. There are 4 screws you can remove to open it up and dust out the inside, but I have yet to figure out where the thing snaps together. After I remove the 4 screws I fear that I am going to break it trying to get it to unsnap.

The RAZR is an over all good phone. I am actually thinking of picking up the SLVR because of my good experience with the RAZR. I prefer the candy bay style phones over flips.

10. chaoticdismay

chaoticdismay the rippin and the tearin

i feel the same way and have been wanting to get the slvr but need to wait a bit more for the contract to go out. if you do get one, mind letting us know how you like it after a while?

motorola flip phones last a good while (well that might depend on the one you get). my v600 was pretty good, aside from being slow at times and not being able to use it when i went to cingular from att. www.phonescoop.com is pretty good imho, id say check it out and see what ppl say about the phones or to search for a phone by type, feature, carrier, etc.

11. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose ಠ_à²

samsung T809. everything a sliver has (music player n ****), sick ass slider design, pretty much just as thin, with a 1.3 mpixel camera for the win :thumbup:

12. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

I am hoping that the SLVR is a good phone. The ROKR was a real piece. I talked to the guy at the Cingular store he said that nearly all of them were returned and now they don’t even sell it anymore.