Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Racing Forum' started by TGSTANG, Mar 21, 2014.

1. TGSTANG

TGSTANG New Member

Hi, I'm new to these forums and mustang in general.I was wondering if you could help me choose what's best for my car.i have a 02 Mustang with CAI and aftermarket exhaust, my goal is to get into 11s and I was wondering what would be the best way to go? A procharger, Tma turbo or precision turbo? Thanks for your time.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  2. greensteeda

greensteeda Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

Budget?

That kind of drives what direction you want to go. Superchargers are pretty easy to install and tune and work well in drag cars. Turbo is the way to go if you want room to grow. They can be a lot more costly up front but have great power potentials. They also produce a ton of torque.

And TMA just builds turbocharger systems. Precision provides just the turbo.

3. TGSTANG

TGSTANG New Member

I got about 6 grand, I've been looking at the procharger D1sc and Street/Strip kit from TMA. I'm leaning towards turbocharging just because they seem like the way to go for better power.

4. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Look in the for sale section. There's a tma turbo kit, and vortech kit. You can also ask 6 Shooter about his custom procharger kit that made 5xx to the wheels, which he has removed for a twin turbo setup.