Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need fuel pump. Help ASAP.

Discussion in 'Mustang Talk' started by MAX97V6, Mar 18, 2008.

1. MAX97V6

MAX97V6 HYUCK...

I need a fuel pump for my GT and I wanted to know if this would work and if I would need anything else.
    This is the reason im asking. "Application: Will fit Ford 2003 Focus ZX3 SVT and for 2004 will fit the Focus ZX3 SVT with DOHC. Check with your local Ford Dealer first to make sure this is the right part for your application or if it will work with a Mustang GT. Will also fit Ford Mustang Cobra 4.6L SVT 255 LPH Fuel Pump " I need an answer ASAP. So either a yes or no.
    Link to Ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...017QQitemZ270219539294QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

2. MAX97V6

MAX97V6 HYUCK...

3. MAX97V6

MAX97V6 HYUCK...

Thanks for all the help guys!*sarcasm*
    I ended up buying the pump and the more expensive UPR c/c plates, not the sharks. My question now is... Will I need bigger injectors to cope with the bigger fuel pump or maybe a regulator? Im mainly asking because my friend brough up the qestion of "wont it flood your motor if the pump is pumping more fuel?" Dont the injectors also regulate how much fuel goes in?

4. Bottlefed02

Bottlefed02 New Member

Why do you need the fuel pump in the first place? You won't need bigger injectors. The fuel pump is capable of flowing more, but only when you need it too (forced induction, nitrous, etc.). You don't use a regulator, the computer raises the fuel pressure on the return less systems. The pump is not going to be flowing full blast the whole time otherwise, at idle everyone would stall out. A search would probably be a good idea next time!