Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need help identifying hose.

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by HumanSVD, May 28, 2019.

1. HumanSVD

HumanSVD Member

I was going to change my spark plugs by removing my air intake hose but I have a problem. There's what appears to be a vacuum hose that is just before the throttle body that needs to be separated.

It's really old and cracked everywhere like a lizard's skin. Because of this, I need to replace it.

I'm afraid to remove it and break it. It also leads into the engine. What's this part name? And would a local parts store carry it?

2. Banditt76

Banditt76 Member

That would be the PCV hose. A local parts store might have it, or you could probably order it online.

HumanSVD likes this.
  3. V6 Stang Tuner

V6 Stang Tuner Member

On the passenger side that hose is a vent from the valve cover to the air intake if its what I think your referring to. Mine was cracked as well like yours, Don't worry about breaking it, many bypass the pcv system on the drives side altogether and on the passenger side just put a small filter in the valve cover or keep the hose and put the filter on the end of it, not hooking it up again to the air intake.

HumanSVD likes this.
  4. HumanSVD

HumanSVD Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Decided to just buy a replacement. I'll change it all this weekend when I do the spark plugs, wires and coil.

Poncho Villa likes this.
  5. HumanSVD

HumanSVD Member

Also, how do I remove the old one? Just remove it but using a claw tool or pliers?

6. V6 Stang Tuner

V6 Stang Tuner Member

Yes, that should work and on the valve cover end you should just be able to pull it out by hand or use blade tip screwdriver to assist.

HumanSVD likes this.