Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NEED HELP installing Fog Lights with OE Ford Switch..

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Keneth Bearden, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Keneth Bearden

Keneth Bearden New Member

Need some help PLEASE...
    Have a 2004 40th Anniversary Mustang V6 Convertible and I would like to put Fog Lights in.. Have the OE Ford Switch, Replacement Fog Lights and a Harness with relay and fuse and sockets...

I pulled the "Blank" Cover out of the Bezel and the grey plug for the fog lights was plugged into the back of that. So I plugged it into the New OE Ford Switch and snapped it back into place on the Bezel.. When I turn on the running lights or headlights, the OE switch lights up and when you push it the light comes on the top telling you it is on..

Now...
    After installing the Fog Lights into the bumper, How do I get them to turn On and Off by using the OE Switch I just installed.. Is the car already prewired with plugs for the Fog Lights seeing that it had the Grey Plug for the OE Switch already? Any detailed instructions would be very helpful..
    Thanks and God Bless,
    Ken

2. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Did the fog lights maybe 10 years ago, so memory is sketchy. At the time, purchased the Fog lights plus the wiring harness and switch that came with the kit. You are getting power to the switch. However, there needs to be a wire that goes from that harness and under the console, under the carpet, through the firewall rubber grommet above and to the left the brake pedal for power to go to the fog lights. Plus, the kit at the time used two separate relays which I attached to the firewall. From that point, a power wire will go from each relay to a fog light.

Look here for an example Fog Light Wiring Harness Sockets Wire + LED indicators Switch + Relay for Ford | eBay

3. Serpent

Serpent Active Member

thought the wiring harness up front near the lights was already there.

4. Thestigmach1

Thestigmach1 Thestigmach1

When I added mine I had to run wire for everything. Though mine is a 2000 you 04 guys seem to have a couple things better than the 00. Anyway I ran a relay that turned on when I switch on the park lights and ran the main power for that through a factory switch I wired up inside. I also used the fog light fuse spot in the fuse box under the hood and the relay spot in there as well to keep the factory look. I'm sure there's a better way of doing it but it looks factory and acts as such so I'm happy.