Need help with router

Saddleup

Huge Member
I bought a wireless router awhile back but I cant get it to work. I followed the instructions carefully but when I try to access the router with the IE browser I get access denied or some such. I got Yahoo DSL thru SW Bell and it runs with PPPoE. Apparently the PPPoE is causing the problem. I dont use the Yahoo software other than what I suspect the computer requires to run the connection, ie no yahoo browser or manager or games.

Anybody know what I can do? Every time I mess with it I have extreme difficulty getting my internet connection back. :(

Sean

incapable of error
does it work if you plug into it with a network cable? Make sure that all security stuff is off (wep and mac access control) until you get it working.

Saddleup

Huge Member
I didnt have any security programs or anything at the time. I did exactly what the instructions said. The cables were hooked up properly. I had the wireless receiver running on the other computer and it was getting a signal. I just could not access the router. The instructions said to enter the router's IP address into the browser's address bar and it came back access denied or something else. It was access denied when I only did what the quick reference instructions said. When I went into the more comprehensive instructions and changed a few settings that were recommended I got a different error message. I cant remember what it was exactly but I think it was a 503. I actually got my hands on another wireless router, different brand to try out and it did exactly the same thing so the one I got is not defective. Oh yeah, I couldnt get internet access either even though my computer had a cable connected to the router.

Saddleup

Huge Member
SrMooCow said:
What is the brand and model number of the router?

D-Link DI-614+

But I had a Linksys do the exact same thing. Oh yeah, I am running Windows XP Professional as well.