need m112 help

02edge

my car is a 2000 so im just finishing up my m112 but im stumped with the iat do I splice a new pigtail and replace it or I run the sensor on the front of the adapter and on the intake tube?also what intake should i run because the one I bought with the kit doesnt fit

xtreme 2

IAC, run one hose to somewhere BEFORE THE throttle body, and run the other to somewhere AFTER the throttle body. completely up to you where though.

The IAT, cut your stock sensor off and splice in the Lightning IAT. Thread it into the lower adapter. Use the hole from the IAT to run your IAC.

Black02v6

You will probably have to splice in more wires to make the IAT sensor reach the intake. That's what i need to do.

02edge

the lightning iat came on my adapter plate I bought but i cant find the pigtail where should I look to buy iy

02edge

thats what I ordered but I than realized where my pigtail has the slot in the middle for the notch my iat sensor has to notches on the bottom not one in the middle

grumio

ancillam delectat.
if your iat doesnt fit that pig tail, then you do not have a lightning iat and i have no idea what pig tail you should get.

02edge

got it all sorted out thanks what intakes are you guys using the jlt that came with mine looks like its for a gt has the wrong bends and none of the couplers fit around the intake pipe and maf so Im just going to sell it and run a different set up

Black02v6

got it all sorted out thanks what intakes are you guys using the jlt that came with mine looks like its for a gt has the wrong bends and none of the couplers fit around the intake pipe and maf so Im just going to sell it and run a different set up

I've got the JLT and it was a little difficult to get it around the throttle body where it was crooked, but it wasn't too bad. Not sure if it's just cars with a smog pump or not, but mine has some tube coming off the passenger manifold that get in the way of setting the JLT down under the hood correctly. Since i'm removing the smog pump anyway, i just bent them out of the way. I'll probably go with longtubes that don't have all the smog and egr ports... problem solved.

Black02v6

IMAG0319.jpg

You can see i cut mine to remove the EGR and Smog pump components

xtreme 2

did you plug that pipe or leave it like that? Crazy exhaust leak if you left it open like that lol.

02edge

Yeah did them a few months ago I love them and I had a set of macs on my old car I prefer them over the macs because of the one piece flange. on the macs I installed them took them off and when I went to put them back on it was twice was hard also makes it easier to get the gasket to stay on when installing them with the pacesetters and they have more options I just wish I would have had them coated before I put them on