Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

never thought I would enjoy a v6 mustang

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lemac, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Lemac

Lemac New Member

Greetings everybody... well to the point, like the title say's it is true I was one of those guys who said " if it aint a v8 it aint no mustang" on that note this car has got to be the most fun I've had building and running around on the streets. I have auto crossed it once last year and did well, running middle of the pack against seasoned guys in miata's, porcshe's to name a few. I don't like that people didn't know that its a 6 cylinder everyone thought it was a 5.0, so I ordered 3.7 badges and they still ask " what does 3.7 mean" lol. The only complaint i have, and its really not a complaint is that I do miss the v8 rumble, but its fast enough for me for now lol. Anyways just thought I would say hello and thanks for listening.

Dadodxb, pacbelt and Phil II like this.
  2. Feyd

Feyd Member

heh sorry no one has replied to your intro yet... Welcome. I bet the 3.73 gears make a huge diff in autocross. What tires have you tried and liked? Have you looked into something like Hooked On Driving where you use a whole track without cones as opposed to autocross?

pacbelt likes this.
  3. Lemac

Lemac New Member

thanks. yes the gears work good for autocross but it was the first time well second time autocrossing first time was in a 99 miata, so I don't know the difference between the gear change cause I did it after all the parts where installed. On the trackpack wheels I had the original pirellie p-zero's then switched to the michelin pilot super sports I really liked those, but feel the car needs a wider set than the 255 that is intended for that wheel size. I do have hankook ventus v-12's on the car now, but on my 20" wheels not the 19" brembo's. I'm actually very satisfied with the v-12's they seem to handle really good in corners and also good wet traction. I don't track it with the the 20's. Right now I don't have the time to do the hooked on driving, though I would be very interested in it a few years from now. I would like to sell the 19" brembos to help fund the switch to a good set of forged 18" wheels for track duty.

pacbelt likes this.
  4. Feyd

Feyd Member

I'm looking at a dedicated track set of Enkei RPF1s 18x9.5 they are not a true forge but at around 18lbs for under $400 and still being a "racing" wheel they are mighty appealing. I haven't found a forged wheel for under $1K. I will be putting 275/35 tires at all four corners... eventually. They will not come up as a recommended replacement on any site I've tried, which is most, but I went over it very carefully with my local tire shop guy (who used to race cars and now races motorcycles) after spending way too much time verifying the measurements and we are very confident they will work. Check this site out http://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

5. Lemac

Lemac New Member

I actually wouldn't mind those rpf1 wheels myself. and yes 275's square is the size I'm interested in. I will have have to wait though, I have since put myself on a budget and not allowed anymore mods for a while.

Feyd likes this.