Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NEW 3.7 CAI option!!!!!TUNABLE INDUCTION

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by gsxter, Jan 3, 2011.

1. gsxter

gsxter New Member

I have talked with tunable induction about doing r&d and offering a CAI for the 3.7s while its almost a gurantee they will sooner or later produce one, my interest would be to see how quick we can get this ball rolling. I will post a link to thier site incase there is anyone not familiar with them. Make sure to go to the dyno results section. This company makes a top of the line product with showmanship unrivaled (IMO). So all im asking is check them out and let me know how many people would be interested. BTW they will color match any intake to your car if you soo desire!

http://www.tunableinduction.com/

2. Adamd

Adamd Sweet!

Honestly I am not really interested in CAI for the 2011 Mustang. Sure it might help the smallest amount but we are running a 3.7L engine and unless you have a number of engine mods on I can't believe a larger tube to allow more air to get in will help much. The stock one does not seem that restrictive.

I would say save the $180+ and save it for something else until you get to the point of really needing more air.

I have not seen Dyno numbers with just a CAI on a 2011 v6 vs stock 2011 v6 so I might be way off but I doubt it.

3. gsxter

gsxter New Member

usualy that is true.... butt this company has its ducks in a row. i will post a link to their dyno results that show with one of thier cai and a simple 87oct tune they gained 18.88rwhp and 20.16rwtq on a 05 v6 mustang with the less responsive 4.0 v6. sooo i have high hopes. which on our 3.7s and a more aggressive 93oct tune and lets just conservativly say 25rwhp would put us around 290ish at the rear tires on a manual.

4. mddunlap03

mddunlap03 New Member

well comparing hp gains from one enigne to the next is hard this thig breathes so well. I would say u can exspect gains how much ? and what can u gane from a 93 tune on this engine/ what is ajusted? my guess is some thing like more aggesive cam ramping and more valve overlap progamed in and a more performace orinted a/f ratio timing i think will be left alone becuse it automaticly advances timing till it hears pinging push much at all and will result in !!! detonatin!!! my guess is u will see great gains from a combonatin of cai cam tunig (not shure how much u can control the overlap on these cars) and full exhust (my heart sunk when i saw it had cast mainfolds first v6 mustang i have ever seen that did not have shoties on it factory)and the god of cheap hp NO2 add 4.10 gears and enjoy your 12 second v6