new camaro feature list

mason01

this stuff is from a survey i got in my email

Active Fuel Management: Allows the engine to "turn off" half of the cylinders under light-load conditions to improve fuel economy.

Six Airbags Standard: Includes front, side and roof rail airbags.

Power Sunroof: Available as optional equipment.

MP3/USB Port: Plug in a USB flash drive or MP3 player to play saved music files through the vehicle speakers. When the vehicle is equipped with a redundant control steering wheel, the switches can scroll through song lists displayed on the radio & make selections.

Head Up Display (HUD): A display device that projects data on the windshield of the vehicle (Speed, RPM, Etc.) and allows the driver to keep their eyes on the road without having to look down to read the gauges. This feature can be turned off.

Standard Traction Control: A computerized system that detects if any of a car's wheels are losing traction - i.e. spinning - and applies braking or reduces engine power to control the wheel spin.

Dual Exhaust Tips

Extremely appealing
Very appealing
Somewhat appealing
Not very appealing
Not at all appealing

Bluetooth: Bluetooth provides a wireless sync between your Bluetooth capable phone and your car microphone & speakers to allow hands free phone usage.

Optional 20" Wheels

Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist: This feature detects objects behind the vehicle to assist when vehicle is in reverse, especially in reverse parking maneuvers. When an object is detected, the system sounds an audible chime & uses an LED light display to indicate proximity to the object.

OnStar Turn-By-Turn Navigation: Allows consumers to talk to a live advisor, who in turn sends complete step-by-step directions to customers' vehicles through their OnStar system. Audio directions are then automatically played through the vehicle's stereo as they are needed.

Boston Acoustic Sound System: An available optional premium sound system.

V8 Engine: Optional V8 engine that 1) provides 400 horsepower, 2) allows the vehicle to accelerate 0-60 MPH in 4.6 seconds, 3) gets 24 MPG highway and 4) has the ability to run on four cylinders to maximize fuel economy during highway cruising.

Auxiliary Gauges: Four gauges placed just forward of center shift console displaying additional vehicle data.

Extremely appealing
Very appealing
Somewhat appealing
Not very appealing
Not at all appealing

V6 Engine: Technologically advanced, fuel and cost efficient to operate.

Remote Start: Factory-installed system enables customers to start their vehicle remotely using the remote start button on the key fob.

18" Wheels: Part of standard equipment.

Standard Independent Rear Suspension: Allows each rear wheel to move vertically (i.e. reacting to a bump in the road), independent of each other, allowing for a smoother, more controlled ride & better handling.

Standard Electronic Stability Control: A stability enhancement system that helps drivers maintain control of vehicles during certain low traction driving conditions such as ice, snow, gravel, wet pavement and uneven road surfaces; as well as in emergency lane changes or avoidance maneuvers.

Six Speed Transmission designed to deliver a good balance of performance and fuel economy for both manual and automatic transmissions. The automatic transmission also has "tap up/tap down" shifting capability that allows the driver to manually shift up/down with a lever mounted behind the steering wheel.

Brembo Brakes: Brembo ® is a recognized world leader in brake design and provides a high performance brake system (available on V8 models).

Extremely appealing
Very appealing
Somewhat appealing
Not very appealing
Not at all appealing

Standard Antilock Brake System (ABS): Four-wheel system that prevents wheel lock-up during an emergency stop. By preventing the wheels from locking, it enables the driver to maintain steering control and to stop in the shortest possible distance under most conditions.

V6 Engine: Standard V6 engine that 1) provides 300 horsepower, 2) allows the vehicle to accelerate 0-60 MPH in 5.9 seconds, 3) gets 28 MPG highway, 4) includes oil life monitoring system to advise of proper oil change intervals, and 5) operates on regular unleaded fuel (87 Octane).

XM Radio: Delivers 100 channels of programming in a digital format via satellite. The vast majority of channels are offered commercial-free.

Rear Wheel Drive: During heavy acceleration (i.e. from stop light during vehicle launch) weight is placed on rear wheel for better traction and better launch feel.

Ambient Interior lighting: Dramatic lighting on instrument panel and door inserts. Lighting can be turned off.

100,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty: 100,000 mile/5-year fully transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty, Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation Programs.

Standard OnStar: An in-vehicle safety and security system created to help protect vehicle occupants on the road. OnStar offers 24-hour access to live Advisor, a connection to emergency assistance and access to OnStar Hands-Free Calling.

wj94

It only gets 24 MPG highway even with 4 cylinders shut down, yet the Corvette gets 28-30 MPG highway? :wtf:

ACAB

no
Supporting Member
The was suppose to be on '09 camaro but now '10 camaro looks terrible now

sgramer

Big LoZer
Those are some great options, I hope other product lines, have those as well.
I wish I could get some of those on other manufactures cars.

speedbump

cool guy
If that's true it might be able to beat the Mustang V8 05+???

I would have to guess its a little lights right then the mustang?

yes, the issue here would be the cost of the car. to insure a 300hp v6 camaro would prolly be similar to a 300hp GT mustang. where as a 200hp v6 mustang would be cheaper to insure than both.

over all car ownership could be a problem. no amount of horse power will help you when the mass majority of your customers are looking for value.

mason01

the survey site is mysurvey.com and it said the starting price would be around 22,000..they also asked questions about the mustang,challenger,and which of the three you liked the best

idioteque

Pine away for your banner years.
the survey site is mysurvey.com and it said the starting price would be around 22,000..they also asked questions about the mustang,challenger,and which of the three you liked the best

I am going to call bs now. There is no way they are going to sell a 300hp car for 22k.

mason01

well the survey also said that the mustang starts at 20,000 then 22,000 for camaro, then said 24,000 for challenger

elijah-

kp 4 life
The car in the music video of "Fast Car" by Wyclef Jean looks badass, and appears to be a Camaro. Too bad it doesn't look like that in reality :cry:

jlatham89

2) allows the vehicle to accelerate 0-60 MPH in 5.9 seconds
300 hp v6 won't do anything to a 300hp v8 with a 0-60 almost a second quicker. (I think the v8 is 5.1/5.2 on the 05+ v8's.)

well the survey also said that the mustang starts at 20,000 then 22,000 for camaro, then said 24,000 for challenger
Dodge's website says the challenger starts at 40,000 plus.

Adamd

Sweet!
300 hp v6 won't do anything to a 300hp v8 with a 0-60 almost a second quicker. (I think the v8 is 5.1/5.2 on the 05+ v8's.)

Dodge's website says the challenger starts at 40,000 plus.

Of course it does lol. They like to price everything high and be out performed by a cheaper car.

Viper vs. Corvette anyone lol.

mason01

isnt that 40,000 for a srt-8 challenger,since they wont make a v6 version until a year after its intial release

dvon1981

Resident Beer Guy
If it's just a survey site then it's just for study of what consumers want, i'm sorry but there's no way these are final specs especially since no automotive outlet has published these. This is just pure BS right now. I guarantee someone else got an e-mail with totally dif engine specs and they'll judge consumer reaction to see what gets put in the final car