Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New From Indiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by .38Stang, Jan 1, 2008.

1. .38Stang

.38Stang New Member

(no the screen name is not a typo it's a gun reference)
    Hey, I'm new to the forums and just got a used 1997 Mustang V6. The car came as fully loaded as a v6 gets (minus leather seats... or was that even available?) along with (improperly wired?) aftermarket foglights.
    [​IMG]
    (no those aren't aftermarket tail lights they have a ford logo on them)

btw does anyone know how I can get my avatar down to a decent file size?
    [​IMG]

2. 95lazerredstang

95lazerredstang New Member

welcome and happy new years :!: and well i had the same problem... u just gotta keep making the pic shorter and shorter until it meets the size requirements... it's a pain... :lol: i got a 95 similar to urs... except mine's lazer red and going thru a lot of changes....

3. .38Stang

.38Stang New Member

Yeah, mine still needs some minor repairs (hope it's not the transmission :x). Engine stumbles at 45mph and a little at 59-63 sometimes. Replacing the old spark plugs today. Then there's still waxing it, getting it buffed, buffing the shot headlight covers (yes this works and makes them look new), fixing some dents, and fixing the clear coat.

Then once I have a decent job and have 50% more than I need for modifications I'll start working on customizing it. For now I think the only thing I might want to do is get an antenna kit for it (remove antenna fill up hole place a new one in the cowling). Then it's on to dual exaust... once I get the cash.

4. 95lazerredstang

5. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

Welcome! Yeah picked up on your name. I am amazed that those are Ford taillights. lol! Guess you learn something new every day! I think it'd look good with headlights with clear corners. Looks like a really clean car. There are probably some good tips for that stumbling problem. I have a couple of ideas rolling around in my head.
    I had thought about removing my antenna completely because I had Sirius at the time anyway but ended up going with a shorty. There is a kit with some type of receiver you locate in the glove box if you want to remove your antenna but keep the radio functional for Am/Fm.

Oh and about the avatar. Be happy, the constraints used to be 60x60. :D

6. .38Stang

.38Stang New Member

@victoria95: heh, no :/ and about the tailights I think that's going to be the easiest part. I mean the 96-98 all had those tailights. Just need to go junkyard hunting :D.

@tealpony: Yeah, I was just as surprised as you about those tailights. They looked exactly like a $200+ kit that people used to use. Anyway this $75 kit gets great reception with the antenna in the cowling (supposedly).

(btw about the avatar it's not the physical size I have problems with it's the FILE size no matter what I do the smallest I can get it is 8kb and at that it looks terrible)

7. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

So you try to load it at a larger size and the system kicks it back to you? hm.. Sometimes it will let you put one on even though it's too big.
    PM me and I'll help you out.

8. 95lazerredstang

i'm confused... no what?
    and well with the avatar it's just a matter of messin with it and messin with it... it's the only way i got it down to size (except it came out a lil blurry)

9. .38Stang

.38Stang New Member

No need I got it working.

There's my pesky aftermarket foglights and the toasted headlight covers. I know a guy that bought a kit to clear those up to perfection though (via buffing).
    [​IMG]
    Yes, I photoshopped the "grill" or rather the lack of it to be darker to make the picture look more professional.

10. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

Yeah there seemed to be an article on here about that too. I still think it would look sharp with clear corners though. It really dressed mine up to change to a matched set of headlights and clear corners. :D

11. .38Stang

.38Stang New Member

Provide me with a link please I'm lazy. (or rather busy going to get those spark plugs)

btw is there anyway I can get a grill for my Mustang that isn't too ridiculous looking and keeps the running horse logo?

12. 95lazerredstang

first, tealpony is a girl, well woman, to be respectful... :D second, try some billett grilles... there's a ton of sites that have them, and many performace shops do too... http://www.abcexclusive.com is one and just look around there a couple grilles that have the pony emblem for the front....

13. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

Thanks Ben. I got mine on Ebay. :)

14. .38Stang

.38Stang New Member

Great! Now I just need to figure out how to get above the stock 150 hp without having to put premium in it.

15. JRicky

JRicky New Member

is it the motor stumbling or maybe the u-joints are going? Idk looks like a great car to start with and welcome

16. .38Stang

.38Stang New Member

No, definitely not the u-joints and btw I got those foglights working.

17. JRicky

JRicky New Member

yeah....I had fog lights just like those on my car...and IMO I think eventually you're gonna want factory ones

18. .38Stang

.38Stang New Member

19. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

Factory GT fog lights will fit the bumper better and imo match the look. Yours obviously don't fit.

20. 95lazerredstang

x2... fog lights are pretty easy to find, and last time i was under victoria (keep it out the gutter, ppl :lol:) i'm pretty sure those connect and disconnect easily... no routing of wires... :D