Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New from NY, have a few questions.

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Lefty2330, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Lefty2330

Lefty2330 Member

I just picked up '07 V6 2 days ago and want to a few things to it. I saw that a lot of people are using GT mufflers. Can I use an aftermarket axle back meant for an 05-10 GT. also, can I use GT500 sway bars or should I just get a set off of a GT. thanks in advance for the help.

2. Lefty2330

Lefty2330 Member

The exhaust I was looking at is the American Thunder axle back. I'm planning on just using one of the mufflers, since I'm planning on leaving it as a single for a while.

3. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Congratulations on your new ride!

You need not purchase an entire kit for just one muffler. Its perfectly reasonable to have an exhaust shop weld in a replacement for your stock unit. You may want to consider the effects of different muffler types.

4. Lefty2330

Lefty2330 Member

Thanks, I was gonna buy it used off of someone but its been sold. Im going to address the suspension first.