Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Throne, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Throne

Throne Active Member

2. JeDanRo

JeDanRo Active Member

What's that exhaust set up?

3. Throne

Throne Active Member

Mac for 14th it's for sale but I'm thinking of getting the same 1 but new that's the 1 for sale used

4. Throne

Throne Active Member

5. JeDanRo

JeDanRo Active Member

Wouldn't work on my 96, would it?

6. Throne

Throne Active Member

7. Throne

Throne Active Member

8. Throne

Throne Active Member

American muscle seems to be a good place to search

9. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

There are no Dumb questions at all , if that was the case I would be at top of the list. Now let me repeat , this is my opinion ONLY.
    I grew up loving Mustangs since I was 16 and had my first 67 Fastback 2 plus 2 many years ago. I have own 7 of them 5 daily drivers. When I was a kid some of us wound put on Headers with Thrush Glass Backs Straight tube so called mufflers. They were very loud, , you could not talk without yelling in the car the Dome sound was bad. and when you let off the gas at times they would make that dang popping sound.
    Now back in the Muscle car days of yester year the guy that had the mean machines would have the headers , there were not cats at that time and would install Hush Thrush or some kind of muffler like that. I just checked and can't believe they still made them now these are on a stock suv no mods.
    The point is that this type of muffler let you hear the engine and the more modes the better the sound . For those that remember the Chev. SS and all the Mustangs back then , the sound was deep and you can hear the that motor and the ones with the cams in them sounded so dang mean and smooth and full of power !!!!!! When you hit the gas WOW it didn't sound like a swarm of Bees on Steroid's with pop corn popping when you let off the gas.
    We have V6's so we are going to get some of the popping sound but we don't have to have that high pitch very loud Bee sound. I like for my car to sound tight , deep and people not knowing I have a V6 and keep them guessing until you kill them in a race and then tell them you just beat their GT with a V6. Case in point remember my video at the track? Watch it again and you will hear my car as it goes by the camera. I'm working of 5 hours of video right on from my car at the Daytona Fl. Car Show in March and also at the 50th Birthday Car Show in Charlotte N.C. this month. On this video you will hear my car come from a stop and come out at 2500 rpms. I will work on that part today and will send it to you.
    PLEASE for those who read this this is MY OPINION only and what I like, everyone is different. Also some cars setups that are very fast with all the bells and whistles that run wild setups are going to make the popping sounds and what I call Bee sounds . I saw them at the race track and they are dam fast but then most just race them they are not daily drivers.
    Throne I will try to get that out to you tonight. I hope you get those stripes , very cool.

10. Throne

Throne Active Member

Thanks I really want improvement and I actually like the stock so I'm going back and forth trying to decide at least I made up my mind on the gt500. Stripes should be in today
    The thing you mentioned about the pop ect. That's what I don't won't I really believe there's the right kit it's just more expensive I had 400 then it got spent now I'm back to about 145 so you know what I'm talking about right
    Anyway sounds like you've had a lot of stang.s
    This v.6 actually my second

11. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

wait, so you don't like the sound in that video? I don't think you're going to get a better sound than that out of that car just with different mufflers. You have to remember that these 3.7s will never sound like a v8 like we'd all hope. Embrace the sound of your v6.

12. Throne

Throne Active Member

13. Throne

Throne Active Member

14. Throne

Throne Active Member

15. Throne

Throne Active Member

16. Throne

Throne Active Member

17. Butch05stang

Butch05stang New Member

Hey guys very new to the site also just got my FRIST MUSTANG 2005 v6 but u wanted to know if any one can help me or give me some tips

Im not really looking for that much more horse power what I really want Is just a deeper tuffer sound what can I do to get that but I don't want to end up sounding like a Honda

18. Throne

Throne Active Member

Butch I've been investigating various muffler setups ect. I'll post a link to others responses to Me click on my next link I need to find the thread

19. Throne

Throne Active Member

obsession
    Mustang Forums - StangAlley.com

obsession

Sam,<br />
    <br />
    Your Mustang's exhaust is broken down into separate components. They can be changed individually to your liking or as time and money allows.<br />
    <br />
    Components... headers (long ......

20. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

OK I get it now , That's funny!! I can't say I have not done that myself . I was at a shop today getting tires and he told me about a muffler made by Bola that you can tune at the muffler to your likeness. I don't know what it sounds like but he said they were great on GT's. they been out for 6-8 mos. I'm still working on the editing part , having problems with windows 8, I wish I never got windows 8. Did you still want me to send the photo of the black stripes? But the blues ones you pick are so cool looking I would go with thoses, they really catch your eye !