Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Throne, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Throne

Throne Active Member

I'm on Vista still and have pretty old dells that still run and an acer
    I have the blue stripes they are sitting on my desk till I can find enough time and energy to put them on or afford to hire a pro don't worry about sending the black 1 lest I change my mind and want black or l.o.l. but I'm pretty settled on the blue dark blue and wish it was going to be an easier project I have some pretty good detailed instructions and want to watch others how they do it before they go on uploadfromtaptalk1399206395788.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Throne

Throne Active Member

3. Throne

Throne Active Member

4. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

Are you talking about the BBK varitune mufflers?

5. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

Get a pro to do it , I watched as they did mine and had to use a heat gun in some areas and even then they redid some areas they did like they way they came out. They also had to bring it up and reset in some places to make it prefect . The guy that did my car have cars they did in magazine shoots. It was part of the deal when I got my car so I can't tell you the cost. But it will be well worth it. Just a thought on my part. I tried a small area about 16" with a bend in it and I gave up, harder then I thought . Can't wait to see it .

6. Throne

Throne Active Member

Hey duggie. I'm going to use a hairdryer ams I'm confident me and my wife can do better than any pro

7. Throne

Throne Active Member

Duggie have you ever heard of Injen Power-Flow Cold Air Intake System

8. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

I have seen them at Car Shows but don't know too much about them . They look pretty cool. One question I would have some CAI need a Tune, I would check that out before buying one. I saw a ad for one for 250.00 less then my Airaid CAI , I paid I think 300.00 for mine..
    Got my DS today and new tires. Got some photos I will post . Also I checked out the adjustable mufflers , you can tune them to your liking with one bolt. The axel backs are about I think he said 160.00 each.

9. Throne

Throne Active Member

OK I was really liking the price then got to thinking I could get a bbk. With a tuner for under 600 just save a few more weeks maybe I can get myself a b day gift that will maximize the cold air intake so you got new tires
    I bet that's cool

10. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

I got 255/50-17 for the front & rear Primewell PZ 900. They have good side
    I got these here at a close out for 60.00 ea. Primewell 255/50/17 PZ900 [​IMG] they sure gripa lot better went from a H to a Z , good side walls to keep it old school and they are a lot more sticky then the stock tires. The car rides smoother and with the Driveshaft no more loping and vebrations . So set for one more night at the track, last 4-6 runs on the car and what I get I get . Don't want to beat the car to death. I think I have it all in place , tires were the biggest problem the first time I went to the track spun 1st and 2nd gear . I wish I could get the vedio to down load so you can see and hear my car from a stop comming off at 2500 rpms than just spinning 1st and 2nd a very little in 3rd and a chirp in 4th. I go up to the mountain again in 6 weeks and that's were I have some fun with the setup. I talked to some racers today and they gave me some advise on not wasting money on some bolt ons I will share with you later.

Throne likes this.
  11. Throne

Throne Active Member

That was a cool video
    I don't think I'll ever get my car that fast lol

12. Throne

Throne Active Member

13. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

With all the things you plan to do CAI, Mufflers, Tuner and gears down the road you will be there . But fast is not my goal my goal was on handling that's where the fun is for me . The fast part came with the things I didn't care for with the car . That was throttle response , better sounding that came with the CAI & Mufflers that gave me a extra 4-6 mpg. The gears made it fun and quick with the other parts . The driving in the hills and mountains was the biggest event for me. With the throttle response it's a blast in the curves not going fast ! I think if my wife and I hit 50mph that was way fast enough. I will give up speed over handling every time.
    I hope to get the video set of soon, I'm so lacking when it comes to stuff like that. I can play it but can't seem to send it to anyone.
    Did you get the photos of the shaft and suspension when I had installed the shaft & tires?

14. Throne

Throne Active Member

I bet there's some cool driving anywhere but here no mountains here just straight roads with some curves lol

15. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

Try living in FL. everything is straight, I have to go out of state. I need to check into the places that have road courses setup in parking lots. There someone that makes post that I have saw that did that. Only fun here the on and off ramps to the Interstates ( boring ).

16. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

Don't get the reply ??? Unless you are talking about the Goal set for the throttle response as in the American Muscel Car Project Car I was ? Yes my goal was set for a 13.9 ran a 14.0 at 101 mph. Didn't meet that one until I found out that the Tune was not set right at all from Bama until Pro Dyno Tuned my car. So with tires and a new tune I think the numbers I gave you can be reached. We will find out and I will post the slips. So it will be Fact. But if it runs a 15.0 that will be Fact also. But the handling as of now like before is Fact

Attached Files:

17. Throne

Throne Active Member

Looks like a smart move

18. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

The driveshaft is a lot lighter and built very well . Also look at the universal joints. It not only for failure at high speed which I'm not worried about bout it was said that at launch there could be problems I guess do to torque . The car has a much better ride with it .

19. Throne

Throne Active Member

Took Blanca in for oil change panic attack because when I got home and left I noticed some oil on my driveway figured out they made a mess and it was still fall in off the shield thing
    Next time I will make sure it's not messy

20. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

That sucks, did you check the oil level ? DId I tell you about the SCCA? I joined this week and going to check out the Solo Division . Looks like a lot of fun and you don't beat your car up, well maybe tires. One other on the forum is checking into it and he will be the the same regional Division as me so we will be able to complete against each other. I hopes he joins. My wife joined also to drive , if she is better then me I guess I will be her pit man . Also when not racing you can be part of the official track team doing different things like medical, fire , flagman, timer ect.
    Got my shocks and DS and Tires done had it all checked out at BBK next to me and I'm all set . BBK the shop was so dang clean and the Dyno setup was very cool , they had one car going when I was there. I bring my car in for them well the guy that does the Dyno to setup my cruise control that was turned off last time I had it on the dyno. The shop is call Brother's Performance Warehouse. They online and ship parts like American Muscle. 15 miles from where I live and never knew they were there. They gave me some good advise on headers and spark plug coils to my surprise they talked me out of them with my setup I'm maxed out as far as HP and the gains for both items . They cancel themselves out at max power. I thank them for saving me money.