Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NEW MEMBER FROM HOUSTON

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BEAST, Dec 2, 2007.

1. BEAST

BEAST New Member

HEY EVERYONE....well im actually a chevy man but im trying to help out a dedicated 94 3.8 mustang(m5) friend....his goals are 11's on slicks with power adders......right now he is going to play with nitrous and is looking to do the split port swap with heads and up.....do to a blown headgasket......anybody suggest a must read article first or certain things that are conscidered the must have first bolt ons or even donts...thanks in advance.

2. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

I am no nitrous expert so that I can't help you with. Without nitrous he's going to need a rebuilt engine with pistons rods, etc to withstand the boost of at least an intercooled supercharger turned up, a good tune and a ton of supporting stuff like TB, fuel pump, injectors, maf, etc. I'd think he should be more likely to go the way of a turbo to get in the 11's consistently, at least staying with 3.8L displacement. More and more setups I see are going with a 4.2L with forged internals and a turbo.

I'm not sure what he'll need factoring in the nitrous. Matt (lilRoush) over in Power Adders might give you a better idea. In fact, I would think he'd be able to give you other options considering his roots blower setup. If it were me, I'd be looking into that. :D

3. BEAST

BEAST New Member

[color=#][/color]
    That sounds good ill try to read up on those power adders. . . Right now im trying to get all the info I need to do the splitport swap since it seems to be one of the best mods. . . I now there is a video out there to show how it is done. . . Anyone know on a free dowload out there I can check out.

4. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

I've seen some articles but not a video. Also can't help you there, I stayed singleport.

5. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

I have found a really good writeup on this. I'll post it as soon as I get permission from the author. :D I think I may find the vid soon.

6. BEAST

BEAST New Member

AWESOME...but man my eyes hurt so bad of all the stuff im reading....now my buddy doesnt know where to go the split port swap and spray....or stay single port and add a m90....this route just doesnt sound so easy but im just reading on it....however i think this is not true but i wanted to ask....is there anymustang that came with four shocks/struts(not sure what they are called) in the rear rather then two....sorry if that is a wierd question.