Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new member old car

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dean alexander, Feb 4, 2019.

1. dean alexander

dean alexander New Member

Ive been a Ford nut since I was 11 years old. Ive built literally dozens of Mustangs, Lincolns and Mercurys but have run into a problem. I'm hoping someone on this site can help me. I own a 1964 Falcon Futura with the 170 CI straight 6. Rather then do the typical 5.0 swap I an thinking about a carburated ( 1982-84) 3.8 but I cannot find any information regarding the oil pan. I need a front sump oil pan for the swap, can anyone tell me if there was ever a 3.8 or 4.1 with a front sump oil pan? thanks

2. Straya

Straya New Member

Have you looked at a 250 crossflow motor lad or even a 250 pre crossflow with a 2v head they are Australian motors roughly 4.1 liter and carby some later crossflow came EFI too straight six they will solve ya sump problem but if ya stuck on a V6 look into 3.0 Essex engine out of a ford Capri but use the English exhaust manifolds not the American ones lol

3. dean alexander

dean alexander New Member

I got a 2.8 v6 from a mustang II it has a front sump, Im gathering a lot of parts to pep it up

Straya likes this.
  4. Straya

Straya New Member

That's the go suss out bassil green he a South African car legend with the old school Ford's

5. Straya

Straya New Member

2.8 I assume be pretty much the same as the later V6 motors in Capris like clone engines