New Mustang Owner Needing Help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheKingMajid, Jan 19, 2018.

1. TheKingMajid New Member

Hey guys I have a 99 Mustang v6 I just replaced the clutch quadrant which was a pain but now I can’t shift while the car is on. The clutch is stiff and when I try to toss it in reverse the lights turn on but will bounce it back. Any suggestions (no experience with manual transmission)

2. six gun Active Member

Welcome!
    Now did you replace the quadrant with another OEM one, or did you do an aftermarket? Also did you change the cable as well?

3. TheKingMajid New Member

The cable is about 6 months old from what the previous owner states and the quadrant was aftermarket aluminum alloy single hook quadrant

4. six gun Active Member

Okay, it sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging all the way. The quadrant you have now most likely requires an adjustable cable as it has no adjustment itself. If you're not sure if your cable is adjustable, check for one at the firewall where the cable comes out, or under the car where it goes to the clutch arm. 3/8" bolt holds the cover on to access that point. If you have no adjustments, you may need to put your old quadrant back on for now, or get a new cable that is adjustable in some way, even if you just buy a firewall adjuster which is super handy.