Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Mustangs vs 99+

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Kstang, Dec 7, 2004.

1. bluestang00us

bluestang00us New Member

Then that puts the V6 too close to the GT. Ford is intentionally keeping plenty of space, power wise, between the two so that the V6 is in no position to compete with the GT in terms of HP numbers. Not to mention another 40 HP boost in the V6 would more than likely come with a hefty add'l cost too. Then you've got the V6 closer in HP AND cost. That's what Ford does NOT want to happen.

2. QuikStang01Lx

QuikStang01Lx DiscountMotorsports.net

I could not agree with you more.......some people just dont undersand marketing, or business.

3. 01stangman

01stangman New Member

alright so 2001 has 225tq

4. QuikStang01Lx

yes

5. fasteach

fasteach New Member

this is not marketing it's small minded thinking. people think that a mustang has to have a v8. ford knows that 260-270 hp is all that most people want or need. so they can put an engine designed in the '20s in the car and no one will care. any v6 ought to have at least 230 hp heck ford has a 4 cylinder that makes 170 hp. 7 out of 10 mustangs are v6's we just need to stand up and tell ford "we are here with our money"! but we don't because we buy into the v8 myth. :(

6. QuikStang01Lx

It is marketing.....I would say 4 of 10 v6 owners want their car to have the 230hp. The v6's purpose is to sell enough that the cost of the GTs, Mach1s and cobra's can be cheaper. Having a v6 with 230hp and a v8 with 260 is rediculous.....we can beat this topic even more here i guess :uhh: .....the additional cost of the car would be that of a GT...pointless? yes. You can tell ford that you are here with your money for a faster v6 and they will tell you to go to a performance shop. Not everyone wants a fast v6 mustang. Everyone complains about having a slow V6, when the truth of the matter is, that it ISNT AS SLOW as people complain. The V6 is an entry level BASE car. Most of the cars beating it are TOP MODEL imports :crazy: that cost GTish+
    If you want your 230+ HP mustang....buy a GT. The V6 is made for volume sales...its the money maker.
    As per people thinking a mustang should have a V8, they are correct....it SHOULD have a V8. Thats the whole image behind the mustang "a big throaty v8"

7. fasteach

fasteach New Member

you're right on every point. but, wouldn't i be ok to have a base car at say 200hp v6, a sporty 235-240 v6 with mid 20mpg, a v8 with 280 hp and a cobra with 400hp? heck what we have now is the v6 foolowed by a gt,which is the second slowest car, a mach1, a cobra, and a saleen-roush-steeda super car. couldn't we have 2 v6's and 3 v8's ? this why we have imports killing U.S. car sales. :confused:

8. bluestang00us

bluestang00us New Member

Couldn't have said it better myself, and that's why I didn't. :p

9. bluestang00us

bluestang00us New Member

The cost to implement a whole new "higher end" V6 platform would be insane and would of course effect the price of every other mustang, be it V6 or V8. The V6 is the answer to those who want the styling of the mustang but are not concerned with or can't afford the extra dimes for a GT. Honestly, if you wanted a mustang with 230-240 hp, would you actually go with this "higher end" V6 instead og boning up an extra couple thousand for the V8? B/c thats whats going to happen. In order to keep the pricing of each car far enough apart so that it doesn't compete with any of the others, you would either have to have a super cheap V6 or a damn expensive GT and Cobra.

I promise you that Ford wont take the hit on a super low cost V6 just to dd another one to the line. And I damn sure wont pay $30,000 for a friggin GT.

So that leaves you exactly where Ford is at now. Yes, Ford is a business and their NUMBER 1 objective is to make a profit. In a distant second or maybe even third it is to please us. That's life; that's business, period.

10. fasteach

fasteach New Member

not arguing the point because ford wouldn't listen anyway, but there are some of us who want mid 20 mpg that a v6 could deliver. and an inexpensive v6 engine could be developed along the same lines that takes a v8's 265 and turns it into a mach 1's 310. i mean they could and if 70% of mustang buyers buy 6's and 50% of them would want more power, isn't that enough numbers to justify it?

11. QuikStang01Lx

you seem to be missing the whole idea that ford is out to make money.....they dont care that people want a faster V6....and to say that 50% of V6 owners want it faster is a stretch

12. fasteach

fasteach New Member

you can always hope. that is the saying about dreams, they are cheap to do and fun to see. :p

13. hitman

hitman My turbo blows

I own a v6 you know who I see driving v6s. Old ladies, girls, and young kids who ether can't afford a GT or parents wouldn't buy them one. As stated before. The v6s soul existance is for Mustang appeal without GT price tag. :sleep:

14. fasteach

fasteach New Member

then you're a girl? hey i'm not, i own a v6 because i drive 500 miles a week. i do plan on adding a supercharger soon. then i'll have that v6 with gt power that i wish ford would build! :thumbup:

15. ndotym

ndotym New Member

Please stop the V6 Bashing, I drive 500 + miles and I have v8 on for lunch and somtimes dinner, my car is setup for solo 2, v8 are much heavier and don't corner as well unless you spend mucho bucks...

16. QuikStang01Lx

what do you have done to your car to be able to beat the GT's?

17. fasteach

fasteach New Member

you will never convince these people that you can run with v8's. i tried to tell them the same thing and got bashed! you know you can, i know you can, because we have. but... :cool:

18. QuikStang01Lx

I DO believe he in fact could have beat a few.....but the way he said it made it seem like they arent even an issue, like racing a skateboard :crazy:
    I HAVE beatin a few GTs, but when it comes down to it we beat the driver NOT the car. A V6 with bolt ons VS a stock GT given equal drivers will always result in a GT win

19. QuikStang01Lx

OK, well with the addition of the 05's.......i should change it too:

A pre 05 V6 with bolt ons VS a stock GT given equal drivers will always result in a GT win

The 05s respond well too bolt ons

20. hitmankb

hitmankb King

With new edge gt's dynoing at 211-235 rwhp its believeable that you could beat him.....