Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Mustangs vs 99+

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Kstang, Dec 7, 2004.

1. QuikStang01Lx

QuikStang01Lx DiscountMotorsports.net

those are the 99-04 GTs
    the 99-04 V6 dynos between 150-170
    with all the bolt ons it will MAYBE hit 185
    there was someone here with all the bolt ons and full exhaust and I think he hit 183?

The GTs have more torqe and a better powerband

2. fasteach

fasteach New Member

i hate to correct anybody but, accrding to mmff mag with the right bolt ons a split port can see 200 hp at the rear wheels , and that is without porting, polishing, or nitrous or 'charging. with 300+ less pounds on the front wheels that is more than enough to stay with 99= v8's and bury pre-99's so cut the bull----. :rage:

3. QuikStang01Lx

I saw the article, dont be a magazine racer. Real world numbers dont support the claims in the magazine. Im not saying it isnt possible, but with all the members here with all the bolt ons etc etc and no one has come close to 200rwhp :uhh: thats gotta tell you something. I read and love MMFF, but real world numbers dont support their findings.....show me one of the 10,000 members here that have 200RWHP on a 99-04 V6 with all the bolt ons....there isnt one.

Its just like they got a 99 V6 to run a 14.9 1/4

4. fasteach

fasteach New Member

super six and morana racing also claim to have dyno'ed as much as 400 natural hp out of a six. if they can get 400 we can do 200. you'll never convince me otherwise. we are talking at most 45-50 hp. that is very doable most tuners would tell you that.

5. QuikStang01Lx

Supersix and Morana make Heads, Cams and Intakes.
    A V6 has the potential to make that much.....
    BUT
    A 99-04 V6 with BOLT ONS will not make 200RWHP.......BHP yes, RWHP NO

To clarify; heads, cams and intakes ARE NOT bolt ons

6. fasteach

fasteach New Member

do they go on with glue? :lol:

7. fasteach

fasteach New Member

in all honesty, if you have run a sub-15 sec quarter as you say, i would guess that you are over 200hp? :thumbup:

8. QuikStang01Lx

Bolt ons are commonly reffered to as, but not limited to: CAI, UDP, Exhaust, in some cases chips, and for some people RR's.

Bolt ons are a modification you can quickly do and that even a novice can complete.

9. QuikStang01Lx

I have over 200 BHP
    I havent dynoed my car but I would say that I DO NOT have 200 RWHP

10. drew_shipley

drew_shipley Bullitt #5023

His car is set up for Solo 2 . Solo is an SCCA event aka Auto X. And with a lighter and better balanced car I could see a V6 beating a V8 in said event. But again it is all about the driver.

11. ndotym

ndotym New Member

I stated I can out handle a v8 on the solo II course unless it's has major mods, the v8's are to nose heavy...by the way I catch them in the cayons all the time and its quite funny to see the expressions...that is until we get out and they turn the table....other than springs, subs, upper and lower control arms and struts and shocks, good tires and sway bars...nothing else done are cars handle quite well to start with..

12. ndotym

ndotym New Member

CORRECT, PRE 99'S CAN NOT RUN WITH 99+V6'S TRUST ME...minor mods will get the job done...

13. QuikStang01Lx

Iv never heard of SOLO 2.....good stuff :thumbup:

14. drew_shipley

drew_shipley Bullitt #5023

Yeah, most people hear of it as Auto X (autocross) unless they've been to an SCCA event. :thumbup:

15. jgt58

jgt58 www.elitestangs.com

well guys , i know first hand. i owned a 2000 v6 automatic and thought it was pretty fast. Went to test drive a 2005 v6 auto , I gotta tell you guys car for car my v6 with mods would have been spanked by the new 05. Why? , because of the new automatic tranny. Floor it and the shifts are crisp and stay above 5000 rpm the whole way through the gears with the trac control off. Lets face it guys those 3.8's are old motors and old design ( not bashing , i'm prolly fixing to buy another pre 05 v6 stang ) , these are a newer design and a mod motor. In the end they will respond and make more hp than the 3.8 pushrod engine. The 2v mod 4.6 responds way better than the old 5.0 pushrod engines. Do you all really want to stay the way of chevy and use a 60 year old motor 350 design even found in thier all mighty GTO? It's just a time of change. The 3.8 has alot of potential but the 4.0L mod motor will have more in the end and more reliability.v Plus they just look better in my opinion. :D

16. jgt58

Its not small minded people , its heritage. When common people think mustang they think V8 power torque. If you recall ford tried to phase out the mustang in 1987 with your kinda thinking with a little car with a v6 motor called the probe. You see where the probe is now. yea nowhere , and what ones are left are turning into little ricer cars now. Mustang has to keep an image with v8 cars , its history , its heritage. Thats not somthing you find with the 250 hp import cars ( maybe with the exception of the Z cars , have alot of history beside them )

17. bluestang00us

bluestang00us New Member

They are damn sexy, aren't they? :p

:OT: You're a Knoxville native, huh? I have a bunch of buddies that live in Athens and I live in Johnson City, near Bristol. Not too many of the locals on these boards.

18. jgt58

its not v6 bashing , the v6 car was created for a base car with the looks of a mustang. Making v6's fast are what the aftermarket is for. But its all about what you want in a car. Themustang was created for the public for a sporty car for not that much money from day 1 in 1964. Ford still stands by this concept to this day , thus the 210 hp v6 car for under 20,000. When ford designs these cars they dont really have the enthusiast for v6 cars in mind. When they think mustang enthusiast they think GT owners unfortunatly , its just the way life is. Myself being an v6 , 4 cyl enthusiast , it gets hard finding parts sometimes.

19. jgt58

we have a car club here in knoxville with a sleu of diff kinds of late model mustangs you outta check us out sometime. Were just about to get the website up and rolling.www.tennesseemustang.com By the way hit me up on aim sometime jgt03271980 :cool:

20. jgt58

dont get me wrong I am a v6 enthusiast too , but having owned both and going back to a v6 because of money , the GT will usually win. My logic includes:

V6 car with 300 hp
    GT car with 300 hp
    Gt will win because of one thing boys and girls : Torque and powerband. Gt's have the advantage in both catagory because of one simple fact 2 more cylinders. I'm not bashing its just real world facts. Yes the weight is diff but not enough to be a factor because of the torque ratings in GT's. GT's will awlays get you off the line but you wouldnt be able to catch upto it because of the powerband. But saying all this is by comparing two cars with the same hp. Naturally if you have a v6 car with 400 hp and a GT with 300 the v6 is gonna win. :lol: