Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Pony Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheMadTrucker, Nov 20, 2015.

1. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker New Member

Hey Folks...I'm new to this forum and was looking for performance ideas for my '95. It has a 3.8 and T5 .Bone stock at the moment but plan on some mods in the near future. Thanks

2. Brent

Brent Owner Staff Member

Welcome to the site

3. six gun

six gun Active Member

Welcome! Depending on your wrenching skills, you could for instance convert that engine to the 99-04 split port heads and manifolds. And/or change your rear end gearing and add a traction-lok differential. Lots of threads about lots of mods here, have a looksy.

4. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker New Member

I was considering a split port swap. I think I'll head to the pick yard and see what I can find. Is there any special mods that need/should be done to the bottom end ? I just got this car from the original owner (251K miles) so i'll be building a motor from the ground up. I plan on a World Class T5 and just picked up a complete Cobra rear end. She's going to be a daily driver but I also wanna eat some V8's for lunch.

5. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker New Member

Thankervermush

6. six gun

six gun Active Member

If you're gonna build a whole new engine then look into the 4.2L out of an early-2000s F-150. Basically they're the same engine, just stroked as well as split port.

If you want something already built for you too, company called Titan Engines makes a complete 4.3L long block using that engine for not a bad price. They claim 250ish hp out of the box with it.

Far as your tranny, your T5 now should already be a world class. In fact I think any T5 in a mustang after late 80s should be world class anyway - just check to see if it has ATF in it and that's your giveaway clue.

7. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker New Member

Thanks for the info. I'll look into both options.

8. audioAl

audioAl Coyote Red

Welcome from coastal Texas, building a V6 3.7 myself, your pony will be fun to wrench on. Best "hobby" I ever had. Just installed Bassani exhaust & 1 piece driveshaft from Drive Shaft Shop, with both upgrades my pony lost 70 plus lbs! tn_New pier Pete 015.JPG