Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Revised Rules Concern

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by Rellik, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

Regarding Signatures and Avatars:

My question involves sponsored cars by sites that already pay for advertising here on 3.8mustang.com.

I have been sponsored by www.autobadges.com for the last two years, and as such, I have a link to autobadges.com in my signature.

Now, seeing how Autobadges.com does have an account with 3.8mustng.com, and sponsored cars are considered as employees of the sponsored site, is it reasonable to consider, seeing that I am an employee of www.autobadges.com, that employees also have limited advertising rights when it comes to this particular case?

If being an employee does not constitute limited link rights to the business website, then I will remove my 232badges.com link from my signature.

2. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

Let me get back to you on this.

Thanks.

3. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

Thank you :)

I await your response :D

4. John

John Ex-Legend

were talking about the sponsor situation at the moment. we will have a solution on it within the week. ( hopefully)

5. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

I'll check back to this thread occasionally throughout the week awaiting the final decesion.

I'm not one for nitpicking rules, but this time it seems to have a valid concern.

Thank you John. :thumbup:

6. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

There are no valid concerns, only persistent bitches and gripes. ;) :lol:

7. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

My valid concern with you Jester is your ever growing Guinness Tab with me!

8. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

What did I say? Persistent bitches.... ;) :p

9. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

Hey, If I wasn't persistant, I would be jipped out of a lot of beer! And if our possisions were reversed, you wouldnt forget about the beer tab either! :p

10. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

yeah... you're probably right.... :lol:

11. AutoBadges

AutoBadges Well-Known Member

Evin, this was just brought up to my attention as well and its a great post you made, thank you moderators for taking the time to discuss this :)

12. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

You're welcome Erick... my sig link (whish isn't a huge f*ing attractive banner anyway) was the first thing that came into my mind when I saw the new rules. Besides, you know I'm on top of stuff like this when it comes to Autobadges :cool:

Now, I was informed via PM by Jester that the Staff of 3.8 were cracking down on the sig links, but I do not see a resolution posted in this thread. :confused:

IS there an offical decession for us employees of such sponsored sites regarding business advertisments? Even if it's just a small link like I have in my sig... it's not huge, it's not flashy, but it's there if someone takes the time to read my sig (which I may add, is very few people to begin with), it would still support the company that I work for in the first place.

13. AutoBadges

i think for those trying to advertise companies that do NOT pay for keeping this site up i would understand. For paying sponsors, what would be the difference if people want to further support them? I just dont get it. More advertising makes it more worth it to pay to continue being a sponsor on 3.8mustang.com. That, at least, is my theory.
    There is no harm is allowing people to support fellow board sponsors, but sponsors that are no longer around or do not pay to advertise should be removed IMO.

14. John

John Ex-Legend

ok lets say we have a company called "autosprings" and a company called superparts.

They both sell springs for 200 each. they both have thier different areas of sales, but they do sell some similar products.

both are site sponsors, both pay the monthly cost.

autosprings tells members that he will sell springs for 190 if they put "autosprings " in thier sig. and superparts does not.

autosprings now has like 30 people all over off topic with "autosprings" in thier sigs. superparts is now losing all business from our site and drops us.

our site costs 100 a month and the 2 sponsors we have are paying it. one leaves because the other made it unfair. now sean is stuck paying the server cost.

this is the reality of the site.

this is why its a problem. this is why we are going to have universal rule of no advertising in sigs, unless YOU are the actual sponsor. its getting too unfair.

we can do one of 2 things here. we can keep the sponsors mustang oriented and keep things even for all.

or we can have classmates.com pop up ads plastering the site everwhere and force members to pay just to join. and that is NOT a direction sean or any of us want to take with this site. we want to keep it free. but the costs of running it are getting high.. over 300 a month.

now if anyone can come up with a reasonable solution to this, were all ears.

15. AutoBadges

so what about the companies that dont' have similar products? like my emblems? :)

but i do see your point 100% John.

EDIT: John, what about the point of the sponsored vehicles of the paying sponsors on this site? They are in agreement to advertise the company name...and as stated by Rellik are in essence employees of the business. I have about 5 sponsored cars that occasionally post here.... corey, rellik, v6gee_dog (sp?), 02stang...is it ok for them to have links? I ask for permission for them for my company John.

16. John

John Ex-Legend

it is happening as we speak. i just went and deleted 3 sigs from members that had a "site that no longer is sponsored" by 3.8.
    if it re-appears, then we will follow up with a link to the rules.
    if it continues then bans will occur.

17. John

John Ex-Legend

well there was a company that did up till 2 weeks ago. and as we all know there was an irresponsible way of marketing them that happened.

as far as that goes, we would have to monitor every product every sponsor sold.

i dont know yet. we will bring that up to discussion, i see your point erick.

18. AutoBadges

John, i edited my post can you read the new additions please :) Thanks for understanding

19. John

John Ex-Legend

well that is what we will have to figure out as well. the rule is for them to put a link to thier personal site. and from there they can put whatever they want. but i dont know at the moment. its something we are going to go over extensively

20. AutoBadges

yes thats why I understood your point, but as stated sponsored vehicles perhaps can have the permission...which would only be about 5 members of this site for my company name/logo.
    as for the personal site i can understand...but i have NEVER gone to anyone's personal site on this board in the 5 yrs or so I have been a member. You just glance at sigs...so in my own opinion I would greatly appreciate the permission to allow only a certain few to advertise my business on the boards in their signatures. Keep is simple, keep it clean...nothing like

BUY FROM AUTOBADGES.COM NOW!! in bold etc....just simple things like Rellik has