New To Forum -- Not New To Mustangs

RedHorse

Hello all. I just bought a 2014 V6 Mustang over this past weekend. It's race red with the appearance package that includes the black 19 inch wheels, black spoiler, and black side mirrors. Ford is offering some pretty good rebates right now before the 2015 cars show up so I took advantage of it. Lowered my monthly payment, interest rate, insurance and got a 100,000 mile warranty. This will be my fourth Mustang. I started with a 1965 Coupe that I got from my Mother after I got home from my stint in the Army. I did about an 80% restoration and sold it like a complete idiot. Later I bought a 2006 GT, then a 2010 4.0 V6. Both of those were good cars and I enjoyed them very much. By comparison, however, I would have to say that this 2014 V6 is probably the best of the bunch. Obviously it's not going to outrun my old 2006 GT on the top end. But a V6 that can hit 60 mph in just over 5 seconds is nothing to be critical of, especially considering the gas mileage this car gets. For a daily driver (which this is) I think most of us would be hard pressed to overlook the V6 now. It is such a strong performer and the fit and finish in these cars has come a long way. The interior is vastly better than my 2006 model with better option content and its actually pretty quite on those long road trips until you press the loud pedal. As soon as I left the dealership the other day we had to make a quick road trip down to see my Grandmother who wasn't feeling well. The car had 32 miles on it when we left. Despite the engine not being broken in I still managed just over 30 mpg on the road trip. That's pretty impressive for a car with 305 hp and a five second zero to sixty time. Around town I'm averaging 23 to 24 mpg in a mix of driving. This is a fine car and I am very impressed with it. I'm looking forward to posting here and I'm glad there is a forum just for V6 Mustang owners. I have been a member on other Mustang forums and invariably there always seems to be plenty of GT or V8 Mustang owners who have nothing better to do than troll on over to the V6 section and act like anyone who has a V6 Mustang is deserving of some kind of scorn. I've had both V8 and V6 Mustangs and frankly I think both are good cars. Even the 4.0 V6 Mustang was a decent performer and I enjoyed driving it. There is absolutely no point in those who feel the need to get all petty about which motor you have. The Mustang is a good car regardless and particularly so with the new 3.7 and 5.0 engines.

2011 Kona Blue

Hello all. I just bought a 2014 V6 Mustang over this past weekend. It's race red with the appearance package that includes the black 19 inch wheels, black spoiler, and black side mirrors. Ford is offering some pretty good rebates right now before the 2015 cars show up so I took advantage of it. Lowered my monthly payment, interest rate, insurance and got a 100,000 mile warranty. This will be my fourth Mustang. I started with a 1965 Coupe that I got from my Mother after I got home from my stint in the Army. I did about an 80% restoration and sold it like a complete idiot. Later I bought a 2006 GT, then a 2010 4.0 V6. Both of those were good cars and I enjoyed them very much. By comparison, however, I would have to say that this 2014 V6 is probably the best of the bunch. Obviously it's not going to outrun my old 2006 GT on the top end. But a V6 that can hit 60 mph in just over 5 seconds is nothing to be critical of, especially considering the gas mileage this car gets. For a daily driver (which this is) I think most of us would be hard pressed to overlook the V6 now. It is such a strong performer and the fit and finish in these cars has come a long way. The interior is vastly better than my 2006 model with better option content and its actually pretty quite on those long road trips until you press the loud pedal. As soon as I left the dealership the other day we had to make a quick road trip down to see my Grandmother who wasn't feeling well. The car had 32 miles on it when we left. Despite the engine not being broken in I still managed just over 30 mpg on the road trip. That's pretty impressive for a car with 305 hp and a five second zero to sixty time. Around town I'm averaging 23 to 24 mpg in a mix of driving. This is a fine car and I am very impressed with it. I'm looking forward to posting here and I'm glad there is a forum just for V6 Mustang owners. I have been a member on other Mustang forums and invariably there always seems to be plenty of GT or V8 Mustang owners who have nothing better to do than troll on over to the V6 section and act like anyone who has a V6 Mustang is deserving of some kind of scorn. I've had both V8 and V6 Mustangs and frankly I think both are good cars. Even the 4.0 V6 Mustang was a decent performer and I enjoyed driving it. There is absolutely no point in those who feel the need to get all petty about which motor you have. The Mustang is a good car regardless and particularly so with the new 3.7 and 5.0 engines.
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your car is a beauty! Our 3.7 are nothing too mess with and they have wicked power. My 2011 3.7 will do 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds. It has a decent amount of bolt on mods and dyno's at 297 rwhp and 276 rwtq. With my aftermarket lower control arms, 3:73 gears and one piece aluminum driveshaft, I will most certainly give a stock 11 plus 5.0 a run for their money. The 3.7's are bad ass pony's. I'll easily take a SS Camaro and run with the Challenger RT for the win. ;)

RedHorse

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your car is a beauty! Our 3.7 are nothing too mess with and they have wicked power. My 2011 3.7 will do 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds. It has a decent amount of bolt on mods and dyno's at 297 rwhp and 276 rwtq. With my aftermarket lower control arms, 3:73 gears and one piece aluminum driveshaft, I will most certainly give a stock 11 plus 5.0 a run for their money. The 3.7's are bad ass pony's. I'll easily take a SS Camaro and run with the Challenger RT for the win. ;)

Thanks Kona. I have to admit I am thoroughly impressed with the performance of this 3.7 car, even in stock trim. It has plenty of "put you back in your seat" power, handles quite well and even in base trim is well equipped. Mine came with the Sync and Tech packages and that pushed the price tag just north of 26 but you would pay the same amount of money for a boring old Camry that is orders of magnitude slower and just not a fun car to drive. These V6 Mustangs are like the best kept secret in the sports car segment. The fact that I'm averaging about 22 mpg around town only makes it all the better. On the one hand I wish that I had bought one a few years ago but on the other hand the LED lighting package that comes on the 2013 / 2014 car is really nice and that makes me glad I waited. It's just a really great car for the money and that's coming from someone who has bought 15 brand new cars over the years.

Throne

Nice to meet other v6 enthusiasts
ImageUploadedByV6Mustang.com1395889594.284669.jpg

2011 Kona Blue

Thanks Kona. I have to admit I am thoroughly impressed with the performance of this 3.7 car, even in stock trim. It has plenty of "put you back in your seat" power, handles quite well and even in base trim is well equipped. Mine came with the Sync and Tech packages and that pushed the price tag just north of 26 but you would pay the same amount of money for a boring old Camry that is orders of magnitude slower and just not a fun car to drive. These V6 Mustangs are like the best kept secret in the sports car segment. The fact that I'm averaging about 22 mpg around town only makes it all the better. On the one hand I wish that I had bought one a few years ago but on the other hand the LED lighting package that comes on the 2013 / 2014 car is really nice and that makes me glad I waited. It's just a really great car for the money and that's coming from someone who has bought 15 brand new cars over the years.

You are so correct! Our 3.7 are the best kept secret for performance. I don't know what you fellas paid but I got my 2011 3.7 base model for 22,500 back in October 2010. I personally think it was a steal compared to a 2010 Gt that would of cost me 26 to 27k back then. With some bolt on mods our 3.7 will easily run 13.1 1/4 mile. Not too shabby for a car under 25k with the bolt mods.