Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to mustang drag

Discussion in 'Racing Forum' started by Dhoe, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Dhoe

Dhoe New Member

I just bought my first mustang. 2000. While I was replacing the front control arms I measured the springs. They were almost 2.5 inch's shorter then stock. I want to run a good drag tire this summer but I'm alittle worried about the fit with the lower rear end. The car came with a set of 20s and 15s rims. I'm running new tires on the 15s now to teach my son stick shift. I did find a tire that you can run on a 20 wheel. I've always been a truck guy so please excuse my questions.

2. six gun

six gun Active Member

Welcome! Do you know if it has the stock 3.27s in the rear end? And if it has a good clutch in it? Stock one will burn at the track.
    I'll tell you what I use, I still have stock-internals 3.8, I have a manual and 3.73, but the aftermarket trans 1st gear plus 3.73 has the same overall ratio as stock, and my bias ply ET Street R tires are way too much ha. Gotta launch at redline at 30+ psi and I can still bog down below the torque band once they hook. But, they sure do take a beating and I'd rather chew them up at the track than my street radials.

3. six gun

six gun Active Member

I wonder if someone put some springs in for a V8 car and cut them, not much for aftermarket location springs on the V6 cars except eibach pro-kit for instance, and that's what I did at first - used Bullitt springs and cut the fronts so they'd work.

4. Dhoe

Dhoe New Member

As far as I can tell the rear end hasn't been opened

5. six gun

six gun Active Member

You'll have an open diff too, it's a 7.5 rear end. Traction-Lok differentials are available for those.