Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to the forum. Here's my baby.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fighting_My_Self, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Griffin

Griffin It's never fast enough.

Hey Duggie! I'm with ya now. I thought u were referring to the 99-04 Mustang u posted pics of being in the 13s. But yea, ur 2014 should be in the high 13s. Mine is running 13.74 with the current mods I have. I'm installing a Procharger next week along with a dyno tune and hoping for a high 12 pass.

As for the shifter, I have the stock shifter. I just replaced the stock, mushy shifter bracket with a CNC'd polyeurathane bracket to make it more crisp, along with a white/round Hurst shift knob (pic below). I actually posted a thread about u can check out.

A strategy tune is non-custom tune where I went thru the tuner's prompts in regards to a octane, cold air intake, wheel/tire size, gear ratio, etc. It's just more of a general tune.

image.jpg

2. Griffin

3. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

I got with American Muscle Car told them I was having problems with the S&R shifter and they told me that all I need to do is send them a shop report about the problem and I can change to another. The S&R bracket that came with the shifter is fine so I'm thinking of putting in a Barton Short Shifter and it should work with the bracket. I too am changing to a ball knob when I change out shifters. Do you have a Bama Tuner ? With them I get 3 Tunes at a time if I want for life no charge. I have been reading about a Hybrid Tune where they can mix both Street Tune and Race Tune together, the results are to be great where you great both low and high end response . I think I'm going to try it before I go to the track. WOW a Pro Charger !! That is cool but out of my league, wish I had the money for it . Let me ask you this , do you regret not getting a GT if you are looking for speed or do you like the idea of a V6 and what you can get out of it ? I was wondering if I got a GT if I would have to do the same mods for the handling , tire spin ect. or dose it come with the sway bars panhard bar ect. or do still need to do all that like the V6. I get a kick out of the V6 because I can't believe the power and the speed of a V6 , it's a challenge and people can't believe it's a V6.

4. Griffin

I looked into getting the Barton shift bracket as well, but I found the one by Shifteck for $44 shipped on eBay and it's identical. I'm very happy with it.

I purchased my tuner with the 3 "custom" tunes and tunes for life thru American Muscle too. I used the strategy tune until I installed my 3:31 gears. Then I uploaded the custom tune because it was programmed to calibrate my speedo. I'm very happy with it as well.

I have no regrets getting the 3.7. If I wanted the 5.0, I would have gotten it having owned several Foxbody 5.0's in the past. I was impressed with the performance, mpg and price of the V6 and I wanted something different. My car has no identifying markers showing it's a V8 or V6 and I enjoy that "sleeper" effect. :)

5. Griffin

As far as the handling, it depends if ur V6 has the Premium Package or not. If so, it's the same as the GT. I haven't done anything to my suspension yet. I'm pretty happy with it based on how I drive it. I've contemplated installing Eibach springs to lower it slightly. I did update the brakes to drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads however. That was definitely worth it!

6. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

I have the 3.73 gears I don't need the use for 1 gear for street driving but think it will be asset on the track or having some fun when I get some more miles on the car. Plus I want to see if I will make up the lost gas mileage by starting in second.
    I did put 3.7 on the fender and V6 Coupe on the rear deck because I was proud of my little six but like you my son told me to take them off and keep them guessing. when I'm out and about I have all kinds of people coming up to me wanting to know what model Mustang I have , some think it is some kind of Roush because of the louvers, spoiler and stance of the car. I think they know little about Mustangs. I have to agree with you and my son, I will be taking off the 3.7 emblems. I sure did though get a lot of lookers and the Silver Springs Car Show when they saw it was a 3.7 and got a 5.0.
    I know if I got a GT it would be fast but to have a V6 that you put together to run within a second and a half to a second slower then a GT is very cool. That would sure put to shame a lot of V6 haters. That would be great when you add your Pro Charger and blow them off. I read were a V6 with Supper Charger ran 11.9 for the first time a V6 ran broke the 12 sec. mark.
    Do you get a lot of tire spin ? I use to but after I added the following it really cut it down It cost me approx. 1768.00 to build my own Performance Package with the following.
    1. Eibach Pro Spring Kit 245.99
    2. Eibach Front & Rear Adjustable Sway Bars 329.00
    3. J&M Lower Control Arms 114.99
    4. Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace 219.00
    5. J&M Panhard Adjustable Bar 114.99
    6. 3.73 Ford racing gears 144.00
    7. Shop Costs 6o0.00

Attached Files:

7. Griffin

Yea, u should definitely remove the emblems and keep em guessing. :) I just noticed ur down here in Florida. I'm over near Sebring, FL. I haven't been to the Silver Springs show yet, but AJ at LaMotta Performance who's installing my Procharger and dyno tuning my car told me I need to go to the next one.

I haven't had any issues with tire spin yet. I have 19x10" wheels on the rear with Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval tires that grip very well. I'm sure that will change with the installation of the Procharger...lol. The only suspension mods I've done is the Ford Racing front strut tower brace.

8. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

There is a show coming up in Waterford Lakes near Orlando that the club I joined ( Daytona Beach Mustang Club )is going to next, takes place at our sponsor's Gary Yeomans Ford .They told me it's a good show. I can send you the information. The club is really gearing up for the biggest show in a very long time the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. It will be held in only two places Las Vegas and Charlotte Motor Speedway N.C. I believe Ford is dumping big bucks at these two shows to launch the 2015 Mustang off. It is a 4 day show and hotel rooms are going fast. The first day is for registration and it will be packed with lots of events , vendors ect. it is 100.00 for one and 150.00 for two includes a event pass, parking and a goodie bag. You even run your car on the track 250.00 per day. I can send Registration Form.

9. Griffin

Thanks for the info! I'll look into the one in Orlando to make sure there's nothing conflicting on my schedule. I wouldn't be able to attend the one up in NC however.

10. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

Mistook you for the OP... forget everything i said.

11. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

NP someone else did also . I can't wait to get my track time. Hope to do it soon while it is cool. Live in Fl. in the summer way too hot. Love the way the car runs now , we have a cold front in the mid. 40 to high 50s run great.