Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New User from South Mississippi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by guitarest, Mar 2, 2008.

1. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

I'm new here but this is not my first Mustang; my first Mustang was a 73 Mach1. Loved the car it was yellow with black stripes. It died long time ago and went to Mach 1 heaven. I have since the release of the new body (the 5th gen) have either wanted the new Mustang or the new Camaro (which will never be released, or not in my life time). So after doing my research I decided to go with the V-6 Prem edition. I really love the car and have some plans for it. I purchased a 95 Camaro with a 3.4 and after all was said and done I got it do lay down 298 hp and 311 of torque. I have high hopes for doing the same with this ride. The camaro did a 14.1 1/4 mile and I know I have so much more to work with in regards to the 'stang. I am new here and thank you for allowing me to join your forum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Norrisrn

Norrisrn New Member

Welcome to the forum. We are happy to have you abord!! Do you happen to have any pictures of the Mach 1 or Camaro? Sounds like you'll be able to give us some nice tips as well!! Can't wait to see what your plan is for the Mustang.

3. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

Yes I do of the Camaro (still have it) but not of the Mach 1, back when I sold it I was joining the ARMY and there was no digital camera's and all I had was a old 110 camera to shoot the pictures. Yeah 1982 was like millions of years ago. As for plans I am going to try to get it looking very retro with either the side louvers or the back louver like the Mach1 has. Both can be ordered through Roush, pre painted if needed. First mod will be cat-back and a K&N filter to open up both ends, then purchase a power programmer like a hypertech. Shift kit and gear change in the rear and finally a ATI to increase the internal flow by 6psi.

Thank you again

This is not the car, but I saw this car in Ct a few years ago and I was like thats my car...

[​IMG]

Like I said I still have the camaro so not to taint your board I will post a quick picture of what is now my daughters car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Norrisrn

Norrisrn New Member

Those are some nice pictures. Thats a pretty sweet Mach 1 if thats what yours used to look like!!!

5. JRicky

JRicky New Member

pony package..niiiice! You can still be pretty proud to say you owned something like that mach 1

and oh yes, the 4.0 should be able to build a bit more than the camaro, welcome, and stick around

6. MEstang95

MEstang95 2009 Stanley Cups Champs!

welcome and nice looking car. for a tuner i would suggest a SCT tuner, by far the best handheld you can get 8) hope to see more pics as you progress.

7. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

Thank you all, and I will stay as long as you allow me...

8. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

Thats it except for the rims, I had the daisy rims on it similar to what my car has now

9. JRicky

JRicky New Member

nice...my mom had a '77 mustang II coupe..

10. mysteed

mysteed is back!

Welcome to the site. Looks like your daughter should be enjoying the Camaro. Does she take it to the track? Pics of said daughter? :lol:

11. MEstang95

X2 on that! :mrgreen:

12. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

Said daughter loves the Camaro and she loves explaining to others what those additionial switches are on the dash marked N02 and why the car shifts so hard. She also loves when the car drives by any crowd of people it sounds like a V-8 rather than a wimpy wimpy wimpy V-6. The 3.4 came from the factory with 160hp I have also attached the Dyno Sheet of the Camaro. I have attached a picture of my 17 year old daught with me before she left for Homecoming.

[​IMG]
    Yeah I am a real ugly mo-fo, picture does not do her justice

[​IMG]

13. MEstang95

nice looking daughter :) father...

j/k

nice #'s on your car, makes more than my 5.0 :lol:

14. JRicky

JRicky New Member

17...17, man... lol

15. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

Thank you, before I decided to rejoin the darkside of the force I I put a huge amount of cash into that engine, mainly because it was a 60degree block and not a huge amount of after market items available for it. The 3.8 is set up to the 5.7 like the 4.0 is to the 4.6 as I understand it, share many of the same parts. I love taking a underdog like a V-6 and modding the crap out of it and having fun. Although today it surprised me, my daughter has been using the car and not racing it and last week it ran hot due to a hypertech 160 thermostat stuck in the closed position. It took two days to locate a thermostat in my area and after fighting with a few parts counter guys who are the same age as my daughter trying to tell me they don't make a 160 for my car, which I agree but a 5.7 160 will easily go into the housing. Well today I think it dropped a valve into the cylinder, will not know for sure till tomorrow when I open her up, wish me luck. God I hate it, the frigging engine sits back under the upper firewall fairing. Anyways what I was saying there are a few 5.0 that got surprised by this setup and after the surprise they really got surprised when they found out the size of the engine. I might have had more HP than your 5.0 but yours has the better sound coming out of the tail pipes. Nothing beats a 8 cyl engine with a nicely tuned exhaust system. I love it. When this one idles it sounds really nice but if I get on it the thing sounds like a really pissed off shrimp boat ( lol ).

No worries about the daughter she can take care of herself, and if she can't there is a boy friend, and if that don't work a 100 German Shepherd and a 75 lb German Shepherd will.......... lol

16. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

I do loads of photoshopping with pictures, I added a little pink here and I design these signs for the german shepherd group/club I belong to. But this all King, I think he might convince a few people; he already has.

[​IMG]

17. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

Here is a untouch, not modified photo of King

[​IMG]
    Julie taught him to do this on command with a a hour of time and a bag of treats.

18. JRicky

JRicky New Member

lol my grandma's dog used to do that, if you made a fist towards him

19. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

King is a whore, it takes treats to do this........... lol

20. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

Nice to meet you. Great to have you on the board Jocko! Lots of interesting stuff in this thread (sorry, I was gone a week or so. :D) By the time my daughter gets my car it won't be cool enough for her. :( She'd like to have a dog now, but I'm thinking not one like yours hehe. It would probably just terrorize me. :D

Hope you stick around. Sounds like you're going to have some fun!