Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NewAge Tuning Roots Blower FAQ

Discussion in 'V6 Mustang Articles' started by Jester4Kicks, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Based on the extremely popular response to the development of the roots blower adapter kit by NewAge Tuning, this FAQ has been drawn up to answer common questions as well as to provide a uniform series of answers. Due to problems with previous threads, there will be certain rules specifically assigned to this thread in order to preserve accurate communication from the development team.

All users are required to read the FAQ before posting. Since this FAQ will be updated and corrected as necessary, users should reread relevant sections before posting additional inquiries. If an inquiry must be made, the question will most likely not be answered in the form of a post. Instead, the FAQ will be updated to include new questions or additional information and a single post in the thread will be made notifying the reader of the question that was changed or added. It is in this manner that this FAQ will evolve so that, eventually, all the bases will be covered. If a question is asked that has clearly been answered thoroughly, the post will be deleted without a second thought.

As an additional note, previous threads have gotten far off track. Debating centrifugal versus roots blowers, discussing every little development piece. Things like this are not going to be in this thread. This is purely for informational purposes.

Directions for using this FAQ: Once you find the question(s) that matches your inquiry, click “edit” in your browser’s toolbar and select “find in this page” (or simply hit Cntrl + F). In the search field, type the roman numeral as it appears before the question, including the period at the end. If available, make sure “match case” is selected for fastest results. Then click “Find next” and you should be brought to the answer to the question. If you are not brought to the answer, click “Find next” again and it should work.

NewAge Tuning
    Roots Blower FAQ​

i. Do you have any dyno numbers to show what this kit will add? Or do you at least have an estimation?
    ii. How long until the kit is ready?
    iii. Do you have any photos of the kit, or of how it looks on the engine?
    iv. What is the pricing for the different kits? What does each kit include?
    v. What will the blower sound like?
    vi. What’s the difference between the M90 blower and the AR Twin Screw?
    vii. What PSI will each blower put out?
    viii. What are my options for an intercooler?
    ix. Will this work on my car, stock? Or do I need to rebuild the internals?
    x. Is there any way to increase the output of the blower?
    xi. What parts on my car will these kits replace?
    xii. Is there a difference between the split port and single port?
    xiii. Should I get a better cam to take advantage of this?
    xiv. Are you guys taking pre-orders? Is there a waiting list?
    xv. Are there any other parts I can buy in the meantime to get ready?
    xvi. What will the kits be made out of?
    xvii. How do I get a blower? What blowers will work?
    xviii. What’s the best exhaust setup for this kit?
    xix. Will I have to get a dynotune? Or will a chip work?
    xx. What is the adiabatic efficiency of this eaton blower?
    xxi. What kind of manifold temperatures are you going to be seeing with this?
    xxii. Do I need an 8.8 rear end or t-lock with this kit?
    xxiii. Will my car still be okay as a daily driver with this kit?
    xxiv. Do I need to start using premium fuels or synthetic oil?
    xxv. What is the installation procedure going to be like?
    xxvi. What kind of testing are you going to do to ensure the kits are safe?
    xxvii. Can I still use my 3/8” of 1/2” intake spacer?
    xxviii. Will an Underdrive Pulley work with this setup? Or in the case of 94-98 stangs, what combination of pulleys is best?
    xxix. Will my car still pass emissions with the kit? Will the stock emission equipment be left in place?
    xxx. Is any modification neccessary to make the 90mm MAF work with this setup?
    xxxi. Will this kit be produced for only a short time or will there be a limited number of them made?
    xxxii. When will the boost management accessories, such as supercharger shut off switches, be available?
    xxxiii. How strong is carbon fiber compared to the stock aluminum and steel parts?
    xxxiv. Will these kits be warrantied?
    xxxv. When will the cam shafts, specially designed by Robert Green(RGR) to work with the supercharger, be tested and be available for sale?
    xxxvi. I think I may be able to contribute something to this project in someway, shape, or form. How can I offer my assistance?
    xxxvii. What kind of instructions will come with this kit?
    xxxviii. Will any special tools be required for the install? Are power tools required?
    xxxix. Can the fuel rail that is included in the system be used on a return style fuel system?
    xl. Do you recommend a specific gear ratio for use with this supercharger kit?
    xli. Will a standard 6-rib belt work for this setup? Or do I need to worry about changing all my pulleys to match a thicker belt?
    xlii. Can I get the M90 blower now and upgrade to the twin screw later?
    xliii. How do you port the M90 blower?
    xliv. Are the larger injectors going to be included in the base package, or as part of the upgrade package?
    xlv. How is development progressing for the single-port setup?
    xlvi. Will there be any power difference in terms of gains between the split-port and single port-kits?
    xlvii. If a pre-99 owner completes a split-port upgrade, will there be any other issues with installing the split-port kit?
    xlviii. Would carbon fiber really be better as a heat exchanger for the intercooler than aluminum?
    xlix. I've heard roots blower setups are more difficult to tune. Should I be concerned?
    l. Would a cobra blower work with this setup? Any advantage or disadvantage to using one?

i. Do you have any dyno numbers to show what this kit will add? Or do you at least have an estimation?

From the information given to us from the Eaton Corp. and based on our calculations the Gen 2 M90 supercharger will be able to produce maximum of 520cfm, which would translate in to about 320bhp or 260rwhp on 99-04 V6 mustang.

ii. How long until the kit is ready?

The split-port kit is being readied for testing and should be tested shortly, release dates will be made available as soon as possible. Any available updates will be posted. The single-port kit will be designed while the split-port is being tested. Once the split-port kit is done with the testing phase, we will begin testing the single-port kit. As of now, there is no hard ETA for the release of the either kit.

iii. Do you have any photos of the kit, or of how it looks on the engine?

The photos will be released after the testing is complete.

iv. What is the pricing for the different kits? What does each kit include?

Mounting Kit $999 (w/o an Eaton m90 blower or AR screw type blower)
    Carbon Fiber intake manifold
    Carbon Fiber Supercharger Inlet
    Carbon Fiber Fuel rail
    Crabon Fiber Idler Pulley
    Bosch By-Pass Valve
    Custom Tuned SCT chip
    Mounting Hardware
    Instructions Video and Booklet

Fuel System Kit $420
    42lb/hr Fuel Injectors (old or new style)
    310lph FordSVT or 255lph Walbro fuel pump
    75mm GT take-off MAF sensor

Extras:
    Belts
    Cold Sprark Plugs
    Thermostat

Additionally, the Autorotor Twin Screw will need to be ordered through NewAge Tuning with the kit and should cost approximately $1300 for the blower itself.

v. What will the blower sound like?

The sound should be a muffled whine.

vi. What’s the difference between the M90 blower and the AR Twin Screw?

M90 is a helix type supercharger with 60% volumetric efficency and 50% abiatic efficency. Autorotor AB MX1.7L is a billit twin-screw supercharger with volumetric efficency of over 90% and abiatic efficency around 75%. You can read a full write-up of it here (Adobe Acrobat required).

vii. What PSI will each blower put out?

The Eaton M90 will be capable of 9.5psi, and AR will be capable of 20 psi.

viii. What are my options for an intercooler?

We'll have an intercooler upgrade available in couple of weeks after the mounting kit is released. The intercooler "box" will be located in place of the battery and will be fed by a high CFM fan, to promote cooling at any vehicle speed. The intercooler box could also be upgraded to water-to-air set up with an addition of a front mounted heat exchanger. Prices will be made available as soon as possible.

Intercooler Update (1/10/05): The intake will have two round openings behind the supercharger for intercooler piping. This means that you can add an intercooler system as easy as buying any air-to-air intercooler (like the stock supercoupe intercooler), several feet of flexible intercooler tubing (Summit Racing carries it), and hooking everything up. The stock supercoupe intercooler will be enough for a stock split port motor and it's really cheap (about $50). We will have new intercoolers available as well.

ix. Will this work on my car, stock? Or do I need to rebuild the internals?

Yes, the supercharger will be completely safe on a stock engine and will fit under the stock hood.

x. Is there any way to increase the output of the blower?

The blower could be ported to increase inlet flow capacity.

xi. What parts on my car will these kits replace?

Upper and lower intake manifolds, fuel rail, and idler bracket.

xii. Is there a difference between the split port and single port?

Yes, the system that will be available first is designed to work with higher flowing split port heads, if you have a 94-98 mustang or thunderbird and decide to that you don't want wait for single port system you can replace your old restrictive single port heads with split port ones and bolt the supercharger kit on. The split-port kit will come with everything else you need to make it work on a single-port engine, you just need to buy the heads yourself. The cost of the kit will be the same.

xiii. Should I get a better cam to take advantage of this?

You can, but I would suggest getting a ported M90 or AR to go with the cam to conpansate for increased engine intake cfm due to the cam in order to maintain sufficent boost levels.

xiv. Are you guys taking pre-orders? Is there a waiting list?

No, we are not taking pre-orders. There is no waiting list because the kits will be available in numbers sufficent to satisfy the demand.

xv. Are there any other parts I can buy in the meantime to get ready?

We have whole sale suppliers that will dropship you all needed parts depending on your goals and budget. You will need an underdrive pulley and a fenderwell CAI though, and those need to be purchased seperately.

xvi. What will the kits be made out of?

The flanges will be made out billit aluminum and the body will consist of high temprature resistant carbon fiber composite.

xvii. How do I get a blower? What blowers will work?

The M90s are available from your local junk yard, ebay and private supercoupe owners parting out their cars. Any M90's will work but you need to specify which kind it is so we can supply you with the right mounting kit for your application. GM and other brands will work just as well. All you need is the blower itself. The tubing and other things that sometimes come with the blower are not needed. If the buyer is interested in the AR twin screw, they just need to indicate that as part of their order and the AR blower will be shipped out by NewAge Tuning.

Here is a list of possible sources for the m90 blower:
    [email protected] $150+shipping

[email protected] $150+shipping

[email protected] $200-$250+shipping (Supercoupe Parts Dealer)

[email protected] $200+shipping (Supercoupe Parts Dealer)

[email protected] Make a offer (150ish)

xviii. What’s the best exhaust setup for this kit?

A stock GT exaust will be fine but for best results use a 2.5" h/x-pipe with matching catback and high flow mufflers. High flow cats would also be a good idea.

xix. Will I have to get a dynotune? Or will a chip work?

A Fordchip-supplied chip and program will be included in the mounting kit, custom tuned for your specific application.

xx. What is the abiatic efficiency of this eaton blower?

Abiating efficency of the older M90 is about 50% but can be greatly increased if a ported unit is used.

xxi. What kind of manifold temperatures are you going to be seeing with this?

The manifold tempratures above 5000rpm will reach above 230dergees F, but cold sparkplugs and a 160degree thermostat will come with the mounting kit to deal with these tempratures.

xxii. Do I need an 8.8 rear end or t-lock with this kit?

No, as long as you do not use the car primarely for drag racing you do not need to upgrade you rearend. However at those HP levels, t-lock will defintely help your wheels hook up faster.

xxiii. Will my car still be okay as a daily driver with this kit?

Yes, the engine will still work fine as a daily driver using either the M90 or the AR twin screw blowers because they deliver boost at all rpms providing for a very streetable ride. The M90 is the best option for the daily driver due to it's price typically being significantly cheaper than the AR twin screw.

xxiv. Do I need to start using premium fuels or synthetic oil?

Premium fuel are required with any supercharged application, but syntetic oil is reccomended to prolong the life of the engine under boost.

xxv. What is the installation procedure going to be like?

The installation of the supercharger system itself will require you to drain the radiator and replace your upper and lower manifold with the new unit as well as the reconnecting fuel supply to the new fuel rail and vaccum hoses.

xxvi. What kind of testing are you going to do to ensure the kits are safe?

The kits will go through a period of street, dyno, and track testing to ensure safe operation.

xxvii. Can I still use my 3/8” or 1/2” intake spacer?

No, the intake spacers cannot be used with this system because it replaces the original upper and lower intakes, in between which those spacers are located.

xxviii. Will an Underdrive Pulley work with this setup? Or in the case of 94-98 stangs, what combination of pulleys is best?

An Underdrive Crank Pulley will be neccessary with the kit. For 94-98 stangs, the stock waterpump and alternator pulleys will be fine. Blower speed generated by UD crank pulley and stock blower pulley make for 8psi on the 3.8, which is just right for the stock engine. Also why throw away 8rwhp by not using UDP?

xxix. Will my car still pass emissions with the kit? Will the stock emission equipment be left in place?

Yes, for states with emmisions regulations we'll provide a special chip tune that will allow you to pass emision tests. The EGR and PCV will be kept as stock.

xxx. Is any modification neccessary to make the 90mm MAF work with this setup?

The 90mm Lightning was originally designed to work with a draw through design in a very similar setup to the Lightning's, so there should be no issues. We will include an 6-pin to 4-pin adapter along with an IAT sensor with the Lightning MAF. Any fenderwell CAI for the v6 will work for connecting the MAF to the TB as well as the MAF to the elbow and thusly to the filter. The CAI must be supplied by the end user.

xxxi. Will this kit be produced for only a short time or will there be a limited number of them made?

No, the production will continue as nessesary and we'll make as many kits as needed.

xxxii. When will the boost management accessories, such as supercharger shut off switches, be available?

The boost management systems will be tested after testing of the mounting kit is done, and will be available thereafter. We do not forsee any problems with this system since it is the same system Ford already uses on the Lightning.

xxxiii. How strong is carbon fiber compared to the stock aluminum and steel parts?

Carbon fiber composite was originally developed for the aircraft industry to replace crack-prone aluminum and heavy steel components. This is why it makes up most structural components in modern commercial and military aircraft. It has strength that exceeds steel and weighs less then aluminum. The reason that carbon fiber composite is so strong is because its key component is fiber, made up of covalently bonded carbon atoms, which is the same atomic structure found in diamonds. These covalent carbon bonds are so strong, that diamonds and diamond coated tools are used for cutting titanium and heat treated steel. Because in this application the carbon fiber composite will be exposed to temps around 200 degrees, we will use special epoxy resin which is made to withstand temps above 400 degrees, even though the high temp epoxy costs 10X more then regular epoxy. These strength and heat resistance abilities make carbon fiber an ideal material for making the intake manifolds.

xxxiv. Will these kits be warrantied?

Warranty options for the adapter kits themselves are being discussed. At this point, the plan is to offer a 12month/12,000 warranty. Additional info regarding warranty procedures will be made available to the buyer upon request and a copy of the warranty will be included with the kit. The m90's will not be covered by NewAge Tuning, but the AR blowers will be warrantied by Autorotor.

xxxv. When will the cam shafts, specially designed by Robert Green(RGR) to work with the supercharger, be tested and be available for sale?

The NA stage of the testing has already been done by Jester4Kicks and the cams are available for order from RGR at [email protected]. The test car currently equipped with the cam will recieve the prototype system as soon as after primary testing is complete. For people that want to get a head start, the cams can be ordered from RGR right now. They work well naturally aspirated and should work even better once the blower is on.

xxxvi. I think I may be able to contribute something to this project in someway, shape, or form. How can I offer my assistance?

Please direct all correspondence to Speedkills in the form of a PM. Public offers of assistance posted on the boards will not be entertained.

xxxvii. What kind of instructions will come with this kit?

An installation write-up is being compiled as the test car is being fitted. At a minimum, a set of written instructions will be included. We are currently working out the details of making a video that will be broken into chapters and hosted on the net. More details about that will be released as they become available.

xxxviii. Will any special tools be required for the install? Are power tools required?

As with most types of installs, power tools make things go faster but are certainly not required. Nothing particularly special will be required. You will need a fuel line disconnector in order to get the fuel rail off, but that's about it for the "special" tools.

xxxix. Can the fuel rail that is included in the system be used on a return style fuel system?

Yes, upon request you will receive a fuel rail that is equipped to reuse the 94-98 factory fuel pressure regulator, allowing it to be used for a return style fuel system.

xl. Do you recommend a specific gear ratio for use with this supercharger kit?

With the given system, stock gear ratios are best suited. Aftermarket gears increase the amount of torque produced at the wheels by sacrificing the top speed of each gear. The supercharger increases the torque significantly on its own, by far surpassing torque gains from gears, making them useless. The gears increase the engine-to-wheels speed ratio making the engine spin faster, thus making it less fuel efficent and wear quicker. In addition the high ratio gears may require the engine to spin at speeds where the supercharger will begin to be inefficient.

xli. Will a standard 6-rib belt work for this setup? Or do I need to worry about changing all my pulleys to match a thicker belt?

The 6 rib factory belt set up is sufficent to drive the supercharger because the belt will wrap around the blower pulley almost completely. I know this for sure because it has been done on several single port conversions and was successfull even at higher boost levels then our system will run.

xlii. Can I get the M90 blower now and upgrade to the twin screw later?

Yes, but it will require a new connector plate which would be sold with the blower.

xliii. How do you port the M90 blower?

Any articles will be posted as they become available.

xliv. Are the larger injectors going to be included in the base package, or as part of the upgrade package?

They are part of fuel upgrade package.

xlv. How is development progressing for the single-port setup?

The split port and single port lower share the tooling mold, which means that for us to produce single port kit, all we have to do is to have the carbon fiber cut differently.

xlvi. Will there be any power difference in terms of gains between the split-port and single port-kits?

Yes, because the split port can inhale and exhale at much higher RPMs, the supercharger is also allowed to rev higher, producing more HP, but TQ numbers would be relatively similar.

xlvii. If a pre-99 owner completes a split-port upgrade, will there be any other issues with installing the split-port kit?

No.

xlviii. Would carbon fiber really be better as a heat exchanger for the intercooler than aluminum?

Not to my current knowledge. In case of the intake manifold, the carbon fiber reinforcement itself is much better conducter of heat the aluminum, but epoxy is such a excelent isolator that the final composite is a poor conductor of heat. In recent years, scientists have developed a "chemicly-tuned" epoxys especially suited for heat exhangers for electronic and aviation industry. These epoxies are now available on the market at reasonable prices.

xlix. I've heard roots blower setups are more difficult to tune. Should I be concerned?

Don't worry about the tuning. The idea behind SCT chips is to re-program the EEC to correctly work with the MAF, IAT, and Injectors. With SCT there is no need for hand tuning the EEC.

l. Would a cobra blower work with this setup? Any advantage or disadvantage to using one?

Yes, a cobra blower will work. Both the M90 and cobra blower (M112) are eaton roots blowers. If you have the money to pay for a cobra blower, you are better off spending it on an AR, they make much more power then any roots blower. But to answer your question, the m112 would make more power because of its larger displacement and teflon coating on its rotors. It is more efficient than the older M90. The biggest drawback to the m90 is the heat it generates, however a proper intercooler will still allow a standard m90 to max out the horsepower capacity of a stock motor. The only reason to buy the m112 would be if you had a built motor but couldn't afford the AR.

Previous Updates:
    7/17/04: Hey, guys, our blower got lost in shipping and I have been looking to buy a t-bird blower for cheap. Here is list of sellers that contacted me with offers. I grabbed myself a rebuilt one for $150 bucks, lol.

7/21/04: Sorry for the delay, guys, the high temp resin we got our hands requires a 10 hours of post-curing time with gradually increasing temprature to 350 degrees, but its good enough for 450 degrees. I am in process of builiding a curing oven to handle the production.

7/28/04: It will be done very soon. I have all suppliers, manifacturers and autoclave ready to go for production, I just need to get the first manifold post-cured and installed. I am will be sending it to autoclaver in couple days, they are waiting for it. Thanks.

8/4/04: I just got back from meeting with the owner of composite shop that we'll be manifacturing the carbon fiber cores for us. We discussed the needed work and came to the conclusion that my original molding process needs to be modified because needed chemicals are not readily available. Its o.k though, I modified the process as he suggested. I couldn't get a hold of Craig to pick up the OEM lower for the shop to make molds from. Once he is back I will have him leave the shop the lower and they will take it over from there.

Here is exacly what the intake will look like, its a generation of the CNC code that will be used for its final machining:
    [​IMG]

8/10/04: I brought materials and the mold to the composite company today so I should see the first intake pretty soon.

8/10/04: The company has the mold and all nessesary materials to produce the lower. I am waiting on them, once they have one done we will run it on the test car. I appologize for the wait, but what might be one small step for the 3.8 mustang market, is one giant step for the entire automotive aftermarket, there are currently no mass production carbon fiber intake manifolds of any kind. So in other words what we are doing has never been tried by anyone before. Besides, all good things take time and good things come to those who wait.

Guys, we are the ones who designed the system and we'll be testing it, but we are not the ones making it, so my job is to coordinate between several induvidual companies that do the "manifacturing". So it takes time to get each one of them to work.

Attached Files:

2. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

Len, here is the deal

There are two key ingredients to make this system work and reliable, the hardware and the software. The hardware includes the intake manifold and the inlet. Software is the tune on a chip and is the thing that makes or breaks any supercharger system.

Now, I am respocible for the hardware part. I have to make sure that the manifold bolts up and seals to the engine, that the supercharger bolts up and seals to the manifold while it is alighned to the belt, that inlet connects the TB to the supercharger, that coolant goes where it needs to go and ofcourse that materials from which the hardware is made from can handle the stress and tempratures continiously. Those conditions have been met and WE CAN NOW MAKE THIS HARDWARE.

As I mentioned earlier, software is the thing that makes or breaks a supercharged engine. SCT tuners have the capability to create induvidual software or tune for each customer and ideally they need to strap each car on a dyno with a data logger and wide band O2 meter and make sure that software they made is correct. Supercharger pulley size (amount of boost), type of MAF sensor, sizes of injectors and fuel pump have to be chosen right and factored in to this software.

So O.K what does that mean?

The game plan is that hardware, that I will finish tommorow (and use for fitment illustration), will be installed on a car in Orlando and taken over to Justin, who will make some "experience" creating SCT software for this system using his new dyno. With this experience your local SCT dealers should be able to provide you with the software.

If you have a local dyno-tuning shop you trust to do this tuning, then you do not have to wait on SCT.

3. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

Today, I worked for 6 hours straight on the project. The epoxy is taking really long to cure because of the cold but its should be much warmer tommorow so its should be dry enough to continue. A soon as I am done it will 2-3 days untill it is going to be installed on a car.

BTW, I want to thank Ryanrule for his "no" comment, that kinda stuff really motivates me to work harder. Thanks.

4. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Did some MASSIVE updating and adding to the FAQ. We are now at 50 Q&A's! I had no idea the FAQ would ever get this large! :crazy:

Anyway, I'll say this again so I can delete my earlier post:

1) Speedkills is working his hardest to get the kit out ASAP.
    2) Any updates regarding changes or delays will be posted as they become available.
    3) Any pictures or installation guides will be published as soon as they become available.

With these things in mind, there shouldn't be any reason to post unless there's something wrong with the FAQ. I understand everyone's anxious, I am too... but we all need to just be patient.

5. ImportSlayer

ImportSlayer New Member

What if I have an Automatic transmission? Or does that even make a difference? Seems as though 3.73 on a 5-Speed is like a 4.10 on an auto. So if you say stock gears are best suited for your system, I'm guessing it's just the 5-speed. So can we go higher gears on an Auto?

Also, it says the Twin screw is for guys who want more then 10psi. What kind of psi can we run safely on a stock motor without any internal upgrades? Actually what I really want to know is how much more power does a twinscrew on a stock motor have over a m90 on a stock motor. I know the twinscrew can produce more power, but that means internal upgrades. So I want to know if the twinscrew is worth it considering I'm not getting any internal upgrades.

6. LilRoush

LilRoush Rare Roush Collector

#1No tapping the oil pan.

#2KB uses the Auto Rotor twin screw, same as this will. So the sound will be the same whine. Roots will have a very noticable tone as well.

#3It will point forward (similar to the 03/04 Cobra, Stage 3 Roush or the blown Saleen). Our engines got put in the right way - not sideways like the FWD cars.
    ~Matt
    (The other Matt with a white V6 Roush)

7. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

Update:

The tooling for the intake manifold has been sent to the manifacuter, the owner said he will have the first intake done in couple days and he wil be able to make them thereafter as needed. I would have done it myself but composite simply doesn't cure below freezing. That takes care of Hardware.

Look back at my last big post. The software situation has been arranged for as well. A SCT/dyno shop, close to where Matt lives, will take his car and do the software development. We'll probably do same thing with Knife13's car at Justin's a bit later:

Answers to Asked Questions:

BTW, MattP 343, the supercharger we are installing on LilRoush's car is a Stage 3's Roush Eaton. Matt and I will try to make that system available also.

The standart snout and mustang Tb will work fine for M90.

Exaust tone will get louder.

BOV can't be generally used with Roots or Twin-screw if it is something you really want to do, I know how it can be done with a bit of work.

About gears, the higher gear ratio you have, the more boost -> torque you engine can produce without too much stress of tranny. Let me show you what I mean: say you put in aftermarket gears that make your final gear ratio 15% lower, now on a NA car in 3 gear that makes for 30 more lb/ft then with out gears. Now on a 10psi roots blown car you TQ output without gears will be about 350lb/ft and with addition of gears that makes for 400lb/ft. Now, say the tranny can handle the 400lb/ft, you can take off the gears and bump up the boost so you have 400lb/ft and you will also have more HP, making for better performance over aftermarket gear set up.

The thing is that people like Justin and Jerry have been taking stock bottom motors to some serious HP, if you plan to join that club, the twin-screw is the only way to go. Even if you just plan get cam or heads then Autorotor would be a much better choice because M90 can't really feed those motors at same boost levels.

8. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

1. Twin-Screw Supercharger will give about 20-30hp more then M90 on stock motor, but if you want, it can put out 400+rwhp without a sweat.

2. The UDP are requered because 1. why throw away $100 and 2. why throw away 8rwhp and 3. It makes the kit a bit cheaper to make because factory blower pulley can be used.

3. We considered to mount the SC on the side, but because of lack of hood clearance, unnessesary HP loss from stock intake and weight. With current set up you loose about 20 lb from frontend, with side mount you add 20lb to it.

4. CAI is recomended but you can run the stock intake without much powerloss, just add a high flowing filter element.

5. No you can't run the belt cover from cobra, but if you want I could probable have the shop fab up a CF one that will work.

9. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

Any snout will work because entire supercharger can be moved back and forth as needed.

10. mysteed

mysteed is back!

I have a question. I already have 24lb injectors, so would I still need the 42lb injectors? Also, I have a local tuner that I trust and I wouldn't need the SCT chip since I already have one, but I will need a 255lph or 310lph fuel pump, is it possible to "substitute" the chip for the fuel pump. Keep up the great work guys! :thumbup:

11. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

I am sure we can sub a 255lph pump for the chip. 30lb/hr injectors would be a better choice without rasing the fuel pressure. You can have your tuner reburn your chip but make sure to dyno the car with Wideband o2 right after you pop in the chip so the engine doesn't lean out and blow.

12. TehHorse

TehHorse Rawr

im curious. . . what about 4.2ls? any chance for this being adaptable to the guys with 4.2 truck engines or stroked 3.8's?

13. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

Yes, the manifold will work on the 4.2L, we'll have to make a new inlet and design a different belt route, thats about it.

Jesse, I will have your supercharger powdercoated before I send it back.

LSUcheer, the cobra intercooler won't fit, but you can simply use a air-to-air intercooler and it will be much cheaper.

14. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

You just have to swap the heads and the kit will bolt right up. Yea, the fuel is included in the kit.

15. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Regardless... folks shouldn't delete their own posts... I delete posts based on what I need to remind myself what to add to the FAQ the next time I get a chance to go through it and revise it.

BTW... I'm gonna go back and delete the little talk we just had....

16. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

yea, the lighting blower will fit just not under the stock hood. A cool true ram air can be made using it, like old school blowers.

17. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

Matt, yes it is a M112 but the case is a different casting from the Cobra one.

ghigliotty, yep, the intake has "decorative" CF finish. Look at the pic I attached. That was just a test piece so finish isn't perfect like real piece will be. The company that will manifacture the kit speciallizes in CF decorations for BMWs so they will make sure its perfect.

mysteed, if you want I can have your kit(supercharger, TB and fuel rail) powdercoated to match your car's color.

Attached Files:

18. ghigliotty

ghigliotty GT now biatches

awesome! :cool:

can anybody have this done? i would be willing to pay for this, if the price isn't to steep.

19. SpeedKills

SpeedKills New Member

Here is the deal:

Base System:

Discription:
    Everything needed to attach Roush Gen4 M90, Eaton M112 and AutoRotor Twin-Screws.

Included:
    Intake Manifold
    Forged Fuel Rails
    Coolant Hoses
    Bosch BPV
    Custom tuned SCT Chip or X-calibrator

Items Needed: Supercharger, inlet plenum, TB and air intake.

Price: $1000

Options:

Powdercoating $50
    Intercooler Tubing 8' $100

Complete Gen3 M90 System:

Included:
    Remanifactured M90 Gen III Supercharger
    Intake Manifold
    Inlet Plenum
    Forged Fuel Rails
    Coolant Hoses
    Bosch BPV
    Custom tuned SCT Chip or X-calibrator
    Powdercoating

Items needed: M90 core (working or non-working)

Price: $1200

Options:
    8' of universal intercooler tubing - $100

20. 6BlackStang

6BlackStang 22

So now all we need is the M90 core? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.