NewAge Tuning Roots Blower FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteach

i know this sounds stupid, but i live in no-one near ohio. how do you know who to trust to install? this looks over my head, which eliminates the head mechanic of this place. ha ha will you be in columbus for the swap meet. i will decide in june. i teach so i have lots of free time in summer.

SpeedKills

StangAddict said:
how much would you charge to polish one? would the size affect the price?

I am not really sure how much it would cost to polish it. The thing is that these blowers have allot of cooling fins which makes the job pretty extensive. I will find out how much it costs to polish one. The stock M90 can be disassembled and powdercoated to look like chrome, so can the M112.

From a pure ascetetic stand point, I wouldn't do anything other then black, not to overwhelm carbon fiber's natural beauty and sparkle.

Fasteach,

Down worry about it, if you can turn bolts, you can do this. We'll make a install video and booklet with pics, so that should help.

RGR...

plstktnkr2 said:
I too will be watching this , as I will be building a mustang 4-eye conv with a super-coupe engine and will see if the 4.2 can be had with a supercharged motor.

Go roller this time, those hydraulic flat tappet cams are a PITA :D

JayLS5

In the faq it says "The Eaton M90 will be capable of 9.5psi"

It's much more than that. Supercoupe's run 12psi stock (though with restrictive exhaust).

Not only that, you can overdrive it 10% and get over 15psi on a stock or mildly ported m90.

Whats a safe amount of boost to be running with stock internals on the V6? In other words whats the most you should run?

V6Sprout

Mustang Supercoupe
6BlackStang said:
Whats a safe amount of boost to be running with stock internals on the V6? In other words whats the most you should run?

Justin is running 16PSI with his twin turbo setup on a stock 99+ junk yard motor, so they can handle quite a bit.

V6Sprout

Mustang Supercoupe
not sure, I think he is building up a new motor and hte junk yard mtoor was just a temp motor until his new motor is completed.

JayLS5

6BlackStang said:

If you're single port, you'll probably want to underdrive the blower. The internals are weaker than the supercoupe motor, plus the compression is a bit higher on the n/a.

You'd want to get a 94-95 stock SC pully. They came out with a better m90 for the supercoupe in 94-95 and they decided to make the pully bigger. You'll probably get between 6-9psi with the bigger pully (just a guess).

If you have a 99+ you will be able to handle pretty much everything the blower can put out if you have a good tune. If running a 89-93 style blower (most common one sold), a stock pully one should put out between 10-12psi with restrictive exhaust. I think it's a smart idea to open up the intakes/heads and exhaust then step up the pully after the boost drops from opening the airway. You can step up to a 5%, and then a 10%. Just remember that if someone specifies 94-95 style, it will always be bigger (less boost) than the 89-93 style. Exampe: 89-93 5% overdrive will put out more boost than a 94-95 5% overdrive.

Hope this post helps out.

If you happen to luck out and get a 94-95 blower, it puts out more boost with less effort. It's partially due to the teflon coated rotors and it also had a changed airway in the back. You can actually buy upgraded blowers better than 94-95 style on www.supercoupeperformance.com

hunter1d

V6Sprout said:
Justin is running 16PSI with his twin turbo setup on a stock 99+ junk yard motor, so they can handle quite a bit.

but isn't Justin running a turbo, does that make a difference in how much boost you can run

MattP 343

TR-SN197-06
yes and no...Yes because boost is boost regardless of how much you run, its going to take a toll on your engine no matter what...

No because turbos are more efficent and you can run lower boost to achieve the same hp numbers as you would with a supercharger at a higher boost setting

V604mustangjoe

ok, i've decided the m112 is the route i am taking. I am wondering about what things i will need on the m112. Do i just need a m112 off of a cobra, or do i need the pulley and TB too. Also could i just get the cobra blower, OEM double 65 mm TB, stock intake tube, and stock maf from a cobra?

How much more would i have to pay for a new tb and pulley if i got a cobra blower that doesnt include those things?

V604mustangjoe

can the 5.4 lightining blower work, if i get the blower without an intake plenum (m112) or TB how much more would i have to pay, do you give us a custom plenum to fit the v6 TB? Can i just use the entire cobra intake (being stock cai, TB, plenum , and blower?)

will the blower be set back more on the v6 so that it wont fit with the cobra intake pipe?

SpeedKills

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Anyways, I have spent good part of the day filing, grinding and wet sanding the mold. Needless to say, my fingers are blistered, but its almost done. I will go get metalized epoxy compound in the morning and use it to fill any left over inperfections, sand/polish once more and ship it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.