Newby form Utah

Bartikus

My name is Bart and I am from the Salt Lake area in Utah. I have a 1996 v6 with a 5 speed. I've owned the car for a year and put 20,000 miles on it in the last year. It is my daily driver and I bought the car for $400. It had a blown head gasket and needed repaired. I have been throwing around the idea of a 4.2 swap and split port swap but didn't want to disable the car because it is my daily driver. Well yesterday the engine died, it has been knocking for at least 8 months. I knew I was going to need to replace it, just wanted to see how far I could go before I needed to cross that bridge. So now I'm stuck driving my truck until I get it fixed. I figured if I need to replace the motor now is the time to upgrade it. I have been researching doing the swap on the car for the last 6 months at least. I am really competent when working on cars. I've rebuilt engines, transmissions, rear ends ect. We just finished a motor swap on my buddies Miata. I've swapped a 351w into my 73 comet and my brothers 75 Maverick. I've converted a couple of cars from an auto to a manual transmission. ThisTSois just a few of the mods I've made to cars. I feel fairly confident that I can handle performing this engine swap. I am signing up for this forum because I saw a nice thread about a split port swap and figured this would be a good place to ask questions.
IMG_20170319_214441710.jpg