Official 1/4 Mile Time Slips

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
i guess i'll post my crappy street tire run lol

image_1351058955477234.jpg

to give a reference here is a short track run before i swapped gears to compare to, damn traction..
(right lane)
image_1346711355693806.jpg

Lol with no launch:
15.5 at 93.5mph.

If you demand the slip I might be able to find it somewhere.

damn man what was the 60' haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Number Tew

Local Jester
I think a 2.8 or so, I literally eased off the clutch then got on it. With no t-lok I just spin the whole way down the track if I launch

SlowSix01

haha just wondering. Having posi is the best feeling ever. I hammered on it after I got the rear in (which was like 5 am on a saturday). Let me tell you how good it feels to actually go straight on the 1-2 shift.

You guys think I could get into the 14s with a manual (if I can drive...which is questionable) and my mods ?
I made 185/220 with the auto, manual will probably put me close to 200/230. Plus a bit of weight loss with the lighter tranny. I also have upper and lower control arms now.

Number Tew

Local Jester
what gears do you have? I've seen lower control arms shave a half second off quarter mile times before, they are a huge problem with our cars

Number Tew

Local Jester
You probably launched. I can't launch, I don't get traction because of the one wheel peel. Yes, these cars can run better times, my car would be in the 14's if it would hook.

Note that most people that trap 93+ mph are high 14 cars.

SlowSix01

I could get 14s if I could get this damn thing to hook. I need better tires.

This spring I'm going back and seeing what I can get. They shut down the local track for the season already.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
go when they put down some VHT :D did wonders for my street tires, Nitto 555's, my best short track time to date is on them ran a 8.79 1/8 mile this past saturday, launched a whole car on a camaro SS lmfao

SlowSix01

I had trouble 60' the auto with the stock stall. Not enough rpm to keep it from bogging, but any more rpm and the stall wouldn't hold ans I spun.

Markstang

Polishing my banhammer
2012-11-05 17.30.44.jpg
here's my slip.

my car had a windstar+cold air intake, divorced dual exhaust added after the stock cats, and a BAMA 93 tune. everything else is stock(3.27 gears, open diff, all season tires) and it's an automatic. need to go back now i have 3.73 gears and auburn diff.

EDIT: also its an 03 with stock 3.8

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse01V6

Away from V6's for now........
IMG.jpg

There is mine. It was one of those events where they don't show the crowd or the other racer the times. Whatever.

Windstar upper, CAI, BBK shorties, Dual exhaust w/ 2 cats removed, Mcleod clutch, stock 3.27 diff, on 18 in. Saleens.