Official 2010-11 College Basketball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Might as well start this one up.

ESPN is really pushing for a Memphis-Butler matchup next year. Battle of the 33 year old head coaches. It would be a great matchup of non-BCS teams. :thumbup:

Preston03

Hook 'em
I don't have high hopes for next season. We really hit the fan this year. I think Baylor will be a contender again next year though.

BigWilly2005

Registered Abuser
There's news in both the men's and women's programs here at Mizzou.

The MU women's basketball team announced today Robin Pingeton as the new head coach. This looks to be a pretty good hire based on what she did building up Illinois State's program. Plus she's not too bad looking either.
http://www.mutigers.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040810aaa.html

On the men's side, it's a big recruiting weekend with a couple Juco AA's Ricardo Ratliffe (Nation's #1 Juco recruit) and Matt Pressey (Older brother to current MU signee Phil Pressey). It's expected Matt will commit this weekend, while Ratliffe has another visit to Cincy next weekend. Ratliffe's offers include: us, Alabama, Arkansas, Cincinnati and Clemson.

kballa6

Geaux Tigers
Hopefully our incoming recruits can get us back to the tourney this year. My early prediction is Purdue-Duke NC game. I think with the talent both teams have coming back, plus incoming recruits especially for Duke that could be the match-up.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Hopefully our incoming recruits can get us back to the tourney this year. My early prediction is Purdue-Duke NC game. I think with the talent both teams have coming back, plus incoming recruits especially for Duke that could be the match-up.
I am not sure about Trent Johnson yet. We will see though.

As for Duke, I do think they will be back in the top 10, but if they lose Singler in addition to Schyer, it will be a big hit. I do like Kyrie Irving though, kid should do very well from what I have seen of him.

Sweet, we have 4 players returning. yay.
Welcome to the Memphis 2009-10 season, except you are not allowed anymore recruits.

I fully expect FSU to finish in the top 3 of the ACC next year...
Behind Duke and UNC I assume?

Wandler

@nwandler
Behind Duke and UNC I assume?

Pretty much, I can't imagine UNC being down for long. I really don't think we will lose anyone, well maybe Alabi, but other than that we had some good recruits and a fairly young team this last season. Just didn't have that Toney Douglas/Al Thorton guy who could dominate a game...

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
I fully expect all these predictions to be wrong.

Somehow Pelphrey got some help coming. Maybe they saw how bad Arkansas was and figured they would get good PT next year. Mardracus Wade is undervalued IMO and Rickey Smith seems to be a good one (don't really know much about him though). Both are supposed to be great defenders.

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
Somehow Pelphrey got some help coming. Maybe they saw how bad Arkansas was and figured they would get good PT next year. Mardracus Wade is undervalued IMO and Rickey Smith seems to be a good one (don't really know much about him though). Both are supposed to be great defenders.

It's just another year where everyone says "They'll be better, we have so-and-so coming in." I'm done buying into it. But it's possible.. Kinda glad to see Washington leaving, he was becoming extremely lazy as the season progressed. Hopefully no one ****s up and gets suspended. Powell was really turning it up towards the end of the season. If we get a big man (not Pelphrey's style though, they gotta run) that can contest big mans on other teams I think we a decent shot at being great next season. Especially with top scorers Clark and Fortson both returning.

BigWilly2005

Registered Abuser
On the men's side, it's a big recruiting weekend with a couple Juco AA's Ricardo Ratliffe (Nation's #1 Juco recruit) and Matt Pressey (Older brother to current MU signee Phil Pressey). It's expected Matt will commit this weekend, while Ratliffe has another visit to Cincy next weekend. Ratliffe's offers include: us, Alabama, Arkansas, Cincinnati and Clemson.

Both Pressey and Ratliffe committed today!
http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1073290

Our recruiting class has gone from great to sick and gives us a legit shot at winning the Big 12.

Tony Mitchell- 6'8", 220 5* SF rated #15 on Rivals150, Dallas area player of the year. Signed LOI

Ricardo Ratliffe- 6'8", 226 4* PF rated #1 Juco recruit, 2x Juco AA. Solid Verbal

Phil Pressey- 5'10", 160 4* PG rated #54 on Rivals150, #13 at his position. Signed LOI

Matt Pressey- 6'2", 170 SG Older brother to Phil Pressey, Juco AA. Solid Verbal

Ricky Kreklow- 6'5", 185 3* SG Signed LOI

Kadeem Green- 6'8", 200 3* PF Signed LOI

I Can't wait for next year :yup:

fly4navy117

Single anchor master race
I'm going to give a big WDE for Mr. Tony Barbee. He has a mountain of work ahead of him installing his offense and getting talented players into Auburn. Right now, we've got zilch as far as talent goes. I have 0 expectations for this year and whatever he does I'll be pleased with.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
I'm going to give a big WDE for Mr. Tony Barbee. He has a mountain of work ahead of him installing his offense and getting talented players into Auburn. Right now, we've got zilch as far as talent goes. I have 0 expectations for this year and whatever he does I'll be pleased with.

If he takes after his mentor, don't worry about recruiting, worry about vacating. ;) :lol:

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
I'm not a Memphis fan, but wasn't Calipari cleared of foul play?

If you believe Derrick Rose set it up to have someone else take his test for him, then maybe. He is also the only head coach to have ever had 2 FFs vacated. Coincidence? Cal walked a fine line with a few Memphis players (I assume UMass as well) such as Robert Dozier. The whole time he was here I knew Memphis was walking a fine line but was just hoping they didn't get popped for something. This is another reason I wish RC Johnson (the AD) would not have appealed the Rose case because I was afraid the NCAA would start digging even more and fine other things (of which Cal would probably be absolved of).

Status
Not open for further replies.