Official 2011 College Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3.8Mateo

Wild and Free bro
Defense was left in the locker room at halftime. The air game was nice by Foles. I was expecting a shootout. Night games in AZ are usually tough. Be honest, Oregons D shut you down until second half. Dunno what happened, just know that LMJ ran the ball down AZs throats all night.

The ducks D was solid for sure in the first half, but we dropped a couple of easy TDs as well. To make it worse, it was our seniors that were dropping perfect passes. The one over the middle to Douglas was a for sure TD, and Criner took one in the numbers that he let go in the endzone. But our D was looking more lethargic than usual. If only we could get our key starters back, but most aren't expected back until OSU.

Wandler

@nwandler

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
A couple of snippets from an article I was reading:

2. Robert Griffin III has more touchdown passes this season than he does incompletions.

That's 13 touchdowns against 12 incompletions.

I didn't believe this so I had to go check his stats for myself. You will too. Click here.

These are his completion percentages this season: 77.8, 90.0, and 87.9.

He's. Not. Human.

If Baylor ends up suing anyone for conference realignment, they should let Giffin III draft the brief. I like his odds better than Ken Starr's.

9. Could LSU and Alabama play a rematch in the national title game?

I may be the first to ask this question, but I don't think it's very farfetched.

Basically, what I'm asking is simple, what are the odds that either Alabama or LSU goes undefeated this season? Pretty decent, right?

In fact, each team will be favored in every other game from here on out. (I think Bama will be a 3.5 point favorite in Tuscaloosa).

Let's say that LSU loses a tight game at Alabama on November 5th. Alabama goes on to win the west and the SEC title, LSU finishes 11-1.

Isn't it fair to say that LSU would be the highest-ranked one loss team in the country? And that a one-loss LSU, which may well have beaten the Pac 12 and Big East champ in neutral site games, would even be ranked above an undefeated Boise State?

I know we're treating LSU-Alabama as a default national title game, but I'd just like y'all to consider that there are pretty decent odds of a rematch provided no Big 12 or Big Ten team emerges undefeated. (The same could hold true for the ACC, but no ACC team ever goes undefeated.)

11. Would Gus Malzahn take the Ole Miss job?

If he did, can you imagine how much enjoyment there would be in replacing Houston Nutt after Nutt hired him as offensive coordinator and immediately relegated him to the backburner at Arkansas?

Ole Miss can't do any better than Malzahn; the question is whether or not Malzahn would take the job. If he did it would be a reverse Tuberville, Ole Miss cutting the legs out from under the Auburn coaching staff.

I asked it a while ago of Auburn fans, but I'm interested in y'all's opinion now, would you really not fire Gene Chizik to keep Gus Malzahn? Especially if Malzahn was taking Trooper Taylor to recruit with him in Oxford.

What, exactly, is Chizik doing that makes him a desirable coach? If Cam Newton doesn't get paid to come to Auburn, Chizik is staring down his third consecutive .500 season and y'all are ready to fire him. Malzahn is the reason you've won at all. Without him...good luck.

Wandler

@nwandler
Houston is going to go undefeated and make the title game.

I wouldn't really want to see a rematch game for the title.

fly4navy117

Single anchor master race
A couple of snippets from an article I was reading:
Whoever wrote that is a moron.

1. Rematch of Alabama and LSU? LOL what a joke. Did they do it for Michigan and Ohio State when they were #1 and #2 in 06? If CFB didn't do it then, they won't do it ever.
2. What makes Chizik a desirable coach? Go read an interview or two. The whole staff said they love working for Chizik and that is Chizik is a big reason why the only original staff member we have lost is Tracy Rocker. An NFL job is hard for any coach to turn down. Cam Newton didn't get paid to come to Auburn and I'm not sure why anyone harbors the delusion we did. Malzahn turned down 3 million to be Vandy's coach, why would he just up and leave for the Ole Miss job? The only advantage they have over Vandy is not having the academic standards.

You find this trash on Bleacher Report? That's where it belongs if you didn't.

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
The Michigan-Ohio State game was the last game of the season so they would have played each other back to back. JS

and 2. The point is he was making is that Malzahn is the one mainly responsible for the success they have had, strictly offensively of course. Also the jury is still out on the whole Auburn paying Cam Newton debacle.

I say Malzahn waits out the season and sees how Georgia finishes the season, if Richt gets fired I bet that's where he is heading

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Whoever wrote that is a moron.

1. Rematch of Alabama and LSU? LOL what a joke. Did they do it for Michigan and Ohio State when they were #1 and #2 in 06? If CFB didn't do it then, they won't do it ever.
2. What makes Chizik a desirable coach? Go read an interview or two. The whole staff said they love working for Chizik and that is Chizik is a big reason why the only original staff member we have lost is Tracy Rocker. An NFL job is hard for any coach to turn down. Cam Newton didn't get paid to come to Auburn and I'm not sure why anyone harbors the delusion we did. Malzahn turned down 3 million to be Vandy's coach, why would he just up and leave for the Ole Miss job? The only advantage they have over Vandy is not having the academic standards.

You find this trash on Bleacher Report? That's where it belongs if you didn't.
Pretty much what I expected here.

The Michigan-Ohio State game was the last game of the season so they would have played each other back to back. JS

and 2. The point is he was making is that Malzahn is the one mainly responsible for the success they have had, strictly offensively of course. Also the jury is still out on the whole Auburn paying Cam Newton debacle.

I say Malzahn waits out the season and sees how Georgia finishes the season, if Richt gets fired I bet that's where he is heading
Yep, pretty much.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Also, this state can't win regarding torn ACLs.

First Justin Hunter (Vols), then Kenny Britt (Titans) and now Smokey.

The heat had nothing to do with Smokey’s performance. He had a non-contact knee injury to his right back leg.

Don’t worry. It wasn’t as bad as the injury to star wide receiver Justin Hunter in the first quarter of the Florida game.

Smokey’s injury was diagnosed as a partial tear of the anterior cruciate ligament. His vet, Dr. Darryl Millis, began treating him immediately after the Cincinnati game.

The 8-year-old Smokey didn’t miss a down. After a week of treatment, he made the trip to Florida.

TBR

TYVMSAP
Also the jury is still out on the whole Auburn paying Cam Newton debacle.

No, it's really not. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but it's over and done with.

Malzahn waits out the season and sees how Georgia finishes the season, if Richt gets fired I bet that's where he is heading

He wouldn't go to Ole Miss. He'd do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.