Official 2011 College Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
All I did was make the obvious points. It's pretty clear the author did little to no research.

So the fact that you don't agree with it means he did no research. Got it.

We'll see how Chizik does without Malzhan. He might do just fine but I (and every non-Auburn fan) will have to see it to believe it.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Man and preganant wife attacked at WVU-LSU game.

Pathetic:

Authorities have not identified the victims, but Helen Smith said her son-in-law, Marcus Mason, and daughter, Hannah, of Pittsburgh, were among those attacked. She said they were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic outside Milan Puskar Stadium when someone threw a rock in the car's driver's side window.

Hannah, who is 22 weeks pregnant, was driving at the time. The rock landed in her lap, Smith said.

When her husband asked a group of people who threw the rock, several individuals approached the vehicle.

Randy Smith, Hannah's father, said three men attempted to drag two of the couple's friends from the back seat before grabbing Marcus. They then pulled him out of the vehicle and started beating him.

Hannah rushed around the car to her husband and tried to stop the attackers, he said. She was knocked down in the process.

Smith said other drivers in traffic did not attempt to stop the beating until Hannah started screaming at the attackers, saying she was pregnant.

"I think it probably saved his life. He was not conscious or moving when she got to him," he said.

Marcus sustained a broken nose, a crushed eye socket and a fractured frontal bone in the middle of his forehead, Hannah said in a Facebook post Sunday.

Pittsburgh man, others attacked in traffic after weekend game in Morgantown  - News - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Can't say I would be against this...

DanWolken Dan Wolken
SEC should just pull out of bowl system. Do own playoff, same format as SEC hoops tourney. How much $ would that thing make?

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
Can't say I would be against this...

I would be for it if they forced teams to play tougher OOC games. I like the big name matchups in the better games that wouldn't happen as often if we just did an SEC only tourney. But if we pulled out of bowl system and created our own playoff system I could see a lot of conferences following suit and just destroying the BCS.

Now I want this to happen

kballa6

Geaux Tigers
I did. My bad, I forgot to reply that I got them. Thanks, she is lovely. :drool:

She took some work to get her looking that way but it was well worth the money. I spend pretty much all Saturday and Sunday inside her. Sometimes I get lucky during the week and can get in for a quickie.

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
Tenarius Wright out 4-6 weeks with a broken arm. :fuuu: Second best DE down. I hope Bequette returns this week for the A&M game

fly4navy117

Single anchor master race
So the fact that you don't agree with it means he did no research. Got it.

We'll see how Chizik does without Malzhan. He might do just fine but I (and every non-Auburn fan) will have to see it to believe it.
It's not a matter of agreeing or not. The article clearly asks what makes Chizik a desirable coach in a portion of the article talking about Malzahn leaving for another job. Our coaches have said in interviews that Chizik is a big reason why this staff has stayed together and they enjoy working for him. Even without those, we had multiple coaches turn down jobs that many would argue were better. Jeff Grimes turned down an offer to go to Texas. Malzahn turned down a HC job at Vandy. Those are both easy, PR friendly coaching moves if they wanted out of Auburn. As far as Cam is concerned there really is only one conclusion: Auburn did not pay Cam Newton. People willfully ignore the facts of the case.

I'm just saying the author didn't really try all that hard to get facts right.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
It's not a matter of agreeing or not. The article clearly asks what makes Chizik a desirable coach in a portion of the article talking about Malzahn leaving for another job. Our coaches have said in interviews that Chizik is a big reason why this staff has stayed together and they enjoy working for him. Even without those, we had multiple coaches turn down jobs that many would argue were better. Jeff Grimes turned down an offer to go to Texas. Malzahn turned down a HC job at Vandy. Those are both easy, PR friendly coaching moves if they wanted out of Auburn. As far as Cam is concerned there really is only one conclusion: Auburn did not pay Cam Newton. People willfully ignore the facts of the case.

I'm just saying the author didn't really try all that hard to get facts right.
Nobody ever said they wanted out of Auburn. :lol: PLUS, why would someone take the Vandy HC job when he can wait another year or two and get a MUCH better top level job offer (such as UGA or similar)? Has nothing to do with Chizik being a great coach and everyone wants to stay and work for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.