Official 2011 College Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fly4navy117

Single anchor master race
After last weekend's defensive showing, I feel better about our trip to Arkansas. Loads better tackling and not giving up the stupid plays. However, it's a totally inverse type of ball game. We needed to stop a very good rushing attack and we did it. Now we need to defend one of the better passing attacks. If we can bring a pass rush with four in a nickel or dime package, I think we'll be ok. We ran a new DL package that puts 4 DEs on the field in obvious passing downs with good success this past weekend. I expect we'll see more of that. Hopefully we do the majority of our offensive damage on the ground and eat up clock.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Vernon has the #1 sports talk show in Memphis and grew up in Missouri:

ChrisVernonShow Chris Vernon
Missouri in the SEC is an incredibly weird fit to me. grew up in STL and nobody gave a crap about college football or Mizzou football
Texas A&M has the passion, tradition, and fanbase to make SEC fit natural. Missouri has none of those, and STL is pro sports town
the idea that being in the SEC will change that is a nice thought, but incorrect. College football will not just start to matter there
flip on an STL sports talk show tomorrow and see how much it matters. you could listen for a week and not know college fball is a sport
to this idea that all of the sudden people will start watching b/c Missouri is playing Arkansas instead of Oklahoma or a B12 team is silly

Mike DeCourcy; The Sporting News

tsnmike Michael DeCourcy
People really think Mizzou going to the SEC will kill the Big 12? No. It'll kill Mizzou.
tsnmike Michael DeCourcy
Kept company with KSU, KU, Iowa St, CU. SEC no place to hide. [email protected]: Ya think so? B12 2nd best fb conf last 5 yrs, miz avg 10 wins.
tsnmike Michael DeCourcy
You want to be stomped? [email protected]: big fan however don't agree, you can't determine the heart of our fanbase or our student athletes.

Jeff

Florida Man
Last years game. 4th Quarter - 12th Minute - 7th Minute. I'll let you remember that drive.

Wait who was the MVP of the NC game last year?

oh yeah....

Wandler

@nwandler
Ok, going off your stoner logic Dyer has 567 more yards and 5.5 ypc better than Davis does this year so he is better. ****ing HL sometimes, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.