Official 2013-14 College Basketball Thread

Zim

The Coors Knight
Sorry Geoff, I waited long enough and you never made a new thread, so I'm doing the honors :lol:

Recruiting is essentially over, so this thread seemed appropriate. Check out the alumni game from the Bill Self bball camp:

Couple things I see here...

-Stacked back court, and stacked front court.
-Tarik Black was a good get
-Wayne Selden is a beast (#1)
-Sherron Collins can still ball, even though he's a fatty (2:20 mark)
-Tyshawn Taylor was really really really good.
-Frankamp and Greene are going to be lights out all year.
-Wiggins wasn't even there, and they look good
-Perry Ellis is going to be a huge contributor this year

AHHH Can't wait for this season. I've never anticipated a season like I have for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
I'm more ready for football season but we haven't had this amount of good post players at Arkansas since Nolan probably especially ones that can run the court. Along with a couple of really explosive dunkers like Michael Qualls this should be a fun season for Arkansas if they can figure out how to play on the road. I think losing BJ and Powell will help our road troubles, Powell especially never looked motivated to play on the road. This is also the first year the team is basically full of Mike Anderson players with no more Pelphrey weaklings

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Because most of us are concentrating on football but it is understandable considering your school. :coolface:

Also, have fun with Tarik Black and his 8pts/4.8rbds as a captain and starter. We upgraded.

Zim

The Coors Knight
Because most of us are concentrating on football but it is understandable considering your school. :coolface:

Also, have fun with Tarik Black and his 8pts/4.8rbds as a captain and starter. We upgraded.

Agreed his stats weren't awesome, but he brings senior leadership and size to an incredibly inexperienced. But talented team. I think that's a good thing, and KU isn't a bad school to be at as a big.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

3.8Mateo

Wild and Free bro
Hopefully we can pull some lob city with Gordon and TJ coming in. I don't expect a deep tourney run though.

Derick

Best Of The Best
No, it was at free state high school's gym. Just a scrimmage for the Bill Self camp.

so the building in the vid is some high school?

and they went all out with NCAA banners, and Gayhawk logos on the floor?

btw, here is your volleyball court...

Zim

The Coors Knight
So it is. Still the 1300 there beat the attendance of an MU post season game.

Derick

Best Of The Best
So it is. Still the 1300 there beat the attendance of an MU post season game.

do you even follow a sport besides men's basketball? you guys are so sad. :lol:

also, since your source was sooooo solid about the high school gym on your campus, i'd be interested in their attendance info as well. link?

Zim

The Coors Knight
do you even follow a sport besides men's basketball? you guys are so sad. :lol:

also, since your source was sooooo solid about the high school gym on your campus, i'd be interested in their attendance info as well. link?

Ill look when I'm not on my phone. Just giving ya crap bro. And yes, bball is about all I follow really close. I follow nfl, KU bball and a couple other teams casually, but I read multiple articles on KU bball every day.

Derick

Best Of The Best
Ill look when I'm not on my phone. Just giving ya crap bro. And yes, bball is about all I follow really close. I follow nfl, KU bball and a couple other teams casually, but I read multiple articles on KU bball every day.

No. Damnit Zim. Thats not how you were supposed to respond. I was hoping to take back my bday thread.

- Jiff Tapatalk -