Official 2017 College Football Thread

Jeff

Florida Man
Well I'm doubting that c.fla will go to the B12. Gif I'm guessing Memphis is a sure thing with Fedex saying they'll pitch in lol

Hell_Razor

Never surrender!!!
I'd assume Memphis, BYU and Cincy are best bets. I spoke with Cincy football coach who said they were told it would happen "eventually".

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Cincy is the best bet. Curious if they will allow BYU or Houston in. Memphis is iffy. Good shot if they go 4.

Zuplar

Zup
My bet is BYU and Cinci. I definitely don't want Houston, don't need another Texas team, and Memphis just isn't on the same level. They may be one of these days but overall just aren't there yet. Now if they want to go to a Big14 then I'm fine with adding all those schools. Actually I'd rather add Boise State and leave Houston out.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
My bet is BYU and Cinci. I definitely don't want Houston, don't need another Texas team, and Memphis just isn't on the same level. They may be one of these days but overall just aren't there yet. Now if they want to go to a Big14 then I'm fine with adding all those schools. Actually I'd rather add Boise State and leave Houston out.

FYI, Memphis beat BYU 2 years ago in the bowl. And Memphis is way better than KU in football and could add a good basketball program to the mix.

Zuplar

Zup
FYI, Memphis beat BYU 2 years ago in the bowl. And Memphis is way better than KU in football and could add a good basketball program to the mix.

I know what Memphis has done, especially the last few years, but that doesn't erase the history of the other teams. I read an article that did a good job comparing the 4 schools as well as other things like attendance, academics, TV market, ETC. BYU averaged #1 on that list and I think it was Cincy and Houston were maybe tied at 2. I wish I could find that article, but no luck at the moment. I'd much rather have Memphis over Houston, I just don't think that's going to happen. So for WVU sake, I hope it's Cincy.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Memphis would also put the BIG12 smack in the middle of SEC country. Other than the Grizzlies, there are no other competing sports teams in the area.

Zuplar

Zup
Memphis would also put the BIG12 smack in the middle of SEC country. Other than the Grizzlies, there are no other competing sports teams in the area.

I just figure most people in Memphis are Ole Miss or Vols fans. I'm not completely against the idea, I just really think they are low on the totem pole in the Big 12's eyes. I think the fact that their football has only really shown some success over the past couple years hurts them. Cincy has been competitive for awhile now, and so has BYU and Houston and we all know football is driving this. Now if we are talking basketball hands down Memphis and Uconn are your better choices.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Big12 already has the city of Houston so not sure why they would add them. Texas teams would't be able to go into Houston and away recruits with playing in the Big12.

Zuplar

Zup
Big12 already has the city of Houston so not sure why they would add them. Texas teams would't be able to go into Houston and away recruits with playing in the Big12.

I agree but for some reason UT wants Houston. I think it's cause they want the Texas schools to have a majority in the Big 12.

Zuplar

Zup
This is a pretty good photo of where OU's stadium expansion is at the moment. So glad it's finally going to be bowled in.