Official 2017 College Football Thread

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
In the last 12 seasons, there have been more national championship games with two SEC teams (two) than no SEC teams (one).

Wandler

@nwandler
In the last 12 seasons, there have been more national championship games with two SEC teams (two) than no SEC teams (one).

I guess since Auburn lost to UCF, our national champion, you could include this year as well. Pretty impressive.

Jeff

Florida Man
1515089747998.jpg

TBR

TYVMSAP
UCF should claim it, because they beat a legitimate Auburn team that thought they could play unmotivated and win. They couldn't. Would have been close if we played well, even.

However, There's a divide between playing a schedule like UCF's, and being legitimate based on your record alone. Sometimes, the committee/BCS gets it wrong (UCF, Boise St), sometimes they get it right and leave shitty teams out of these games (12-0 Cincinnati Sugar Bowl 2010). But the G5's not making the playoffs is absolutely acceptable until they play people that are worth a ****, and the conferences as a whole increase their skill levels. Until then, you are going to be, and SHOULD be left out of games. I don't want Clemson/UGA/Bama/Oklahoma getting essentially a bye week because you had a 12-0 record against the following:

Thu, Aug 31
1-0 (0-0)
Fri, Sept 8
  • Canceled
1,332 available from $5
Sat, Sept 16
  • Canceled
2,182 available from $14
Sat, Sept 23
2-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 30
  • Canceled
2,501 available from $5
Sat, Sept 30
3-0 (1-0)
Sat, Oct 7
4-0 (2-0)
Sat, Oct 14
5-0 (3-0)
Sat, Oct 21
6-0 (4-0)
Sat, Oct 28
7-0 (4-0)
Sat, Nov 4
8-0 (5-0)
Sat, Nov 11
9-0 (6-0)
Sat, Nov 18
10-0 (7-0)
Fri, Nov 24
11-0 (8-0)
Sat, Dec 2
12-0 (8-0)

It's getting there, but it's not quite there yet. Bama doesn't lose a game for a decade if they have that schedule. Just facts. They take about half the injuries, the backups get more playing time, etc.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
I don’t disagree with TBR. Problem is that nobody will schedule UCF/Memphis/Boise. So if realignment ever comes back around, schools should do WHATEVER they have to do to get in the P5.

Wandler

@nwandler
I don't want Clemson/UGA/Bama/Oklahoma getting essentially a bye week because you had a 12-0 record against the following:

But UCF beat a team that beat 2 of those 4 teams.

I don’t disagree with TBR. Problem is that nobody will schedule UCF/Memphis/Boise. So if realignment ever comes back around, schools should do WHATEVER they have to do to get in the P5.

UCF was 0-12 two years ago. Don't tell me teams were afraid to schedule them.

UCF has home/home with GT, UNC, and Pitt (maybe it's just the ACC that's not afraid to schedule these better G5 teams). They also have Stanford and Texas scheduled in the next 5 years.

Edit: Memphis:

Code:
FUTURE NON-CONFERENCE OPPONENTS
09/01 - Mercer
09/15 - Georgia State
09/22 - South Alabama
10/20 - at Missouri
08/31 - Ole Miss
09/14 - at South Alabama
09/28 - at ULM
09/05 - Arkansas State
09/12 - at Purdue
09/26 - UTSA
09/11 - at Arkansas State
09/18 - Mississippi State
09/25 - at UTSA
09/03 - Arkansas State
09/17 - North Texas
09/24 - at Mississippi State
09/09 - at Arkansas State
09/16 - at North Texas
09/23 - Missouri
TBA - at Georgia State

Derick

Best Of The Best
sec wise.......Scar played ucf in '13 and '15. Miz played ucf in '12 and '14................ucf went 0-4. one of the Scar losses was their only on the season. it's more like ucf quit scheduling sec teams instead of teams not wanting to play them.

Jeff

Florida Man
[emoji38]hi haters[emoji38]

I love auburn fans saying the team wasn't motivated, etc. We publicly called them out saying they haven't seen speed like us. Kerryon even said they were pumped up and motivated to play us. They just couldn't hang. Imagine if McKenzie Milton played a decent first half like he did the second half? It wouldn't even be close.

And the thing about scheduling ooc games is it's done years in advance. It would take a miracle to have a special UCF team like we had this year as well as have a tough ooc schedule. The stars would have to align.

That being said, we just have to win the games we play and try to get in a better conference

Jeff

Florida Man
Last time Alabama played UCF: UCF wins

Last time Georgia played UCF: UCF wins

Last time Auburn played UCF: UCF wins

Derick

Best Of The Best
It would take a miracle to have a special UCF team like we had this year as well as have a tough ooc schedule. The stars would have to align.

That being said, we just have to win the games we play and try to get in a better conference

:lol: wut

the reason you think you had such a special team was b/c you didn't schedule anyone THIS year. last year michigan pounded you and i already covered the 4 years before that. what more do you want? you had a "special" team this year b/c you took a year off.

Jeff

Florida Man
:lol: wut

the reason you think you had such a special team was b/c you didn't schedule anyone THIS year. last year michigan pounded you and i already covered the 4 years before that. what more do you want? you had a "special" team this year b/c you took a year off.
I worded it wrong. It would take a miracle to get the respect of the committee.

We had a special team this year because of our coach and players. We could play against anyone this year but our schedule didn't have any major teams to prove it