Official 2017 College Football Thread

Jeff

Florida Man
That easy schedule though...

Per ESPN:

"According to FPI, Alabama would have had a 50% chance to go undefeated against UCF's schedule. Georgia would have had a 36% chance."

TBR

TYVMSAP
[emoji38]hi haters[emoji38]

I love auburn fans saying the team wasn't motivated, etc. We publicly called them out saying they haven't seen speed like us. Kerryon even said they were pumped up and motivated to play us. They just couldn't hang. Imagine if McKenzie Milton played a decent first half like he did the second half? It wouldn't even be close.

And the thing about scheduling ooc games is it's done years in advance. It would take a miracle to have a special UCF team like we had this year as well as have a tough ooc schedule. The stars would have to align.

That being said, we just have to win the games we play and try to get in a better conference

Not hating. UCF won. Auburn wasn't playing to their potential, but that kinda **** happens. L is still an L.

And the guy that said we haven't seen speed like UCF. Wasn't he the RB that got ****ing tombstoned? That lil guy was cute, but yeah, he didn't do much. QB picked us the **** apart and the OL played the worst game of their season next to Clemson.

UCF's in a prime position right now, they get to stand on some moral high ground and claim they're the "national champions" without having to actually play Alabama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, FSU, or any other number of physical teams that absolutely destroy your starting roster throughout the season. It's almost embarrassing that they're going to these lengths to claim they've done something special by using the transitive property that every college freshman uses to talk about their CFB teams. I say almost, because I think they WERE ****ed out of the playoff, and it was clear that Clemson didn't belong there in the first place (which no one really expected).

But hey, enjoy the parade. 8PM EST tonight you can watch a couple of pretenders make a claim to your title.

TBR

TYVMSAP
But UCF beat a team that beat 2 of those 4 teams.

Troy beat LSU, LSU beat Auburn, Auburn beat Bama and UGA, does that make Troy the national champion? No, because that's ****ing stupid.

You've been following CFB long enough to know that the transitive property is a stupid thing to apply to CFB.

Zuplar

Zup
Not hating. UCF won. Auburn wasn't playing to their potential, but that kinda **** happens. L is still an L.

And the guy that said we haven't seen speed like UCF. Wasn't he the RB that got ****ing tombstoned? That lil guy was cute, but yeah, he didn't do much. QB picked us the **** apart and the OL played the worst game of their season next to Clemson.

UCF's in a prime position right now, they get to stand on some moral high ground and claim they're the "national champions" without having to actually play Alabama, UGA, LSU, Clemson, FSU, or any other number of physical teams that absolutely destroy your starting roster throughout the season. It's almost embarrassing that they're going to these lengths to claim they've done something special by using the transitive property that every college freshman uses to talk about their CFB teams. I say almost, because I think they WERE ****ed out of the playoff, and it was clear that Clemson didn't belong there in the first place (which no one really expected).

But hey, enjoy the parade. 8PM EST tonight you can watch a couple of pretenders make a claim to your title.

God damn. :lol:

Derick

Best Of The Best
this game sucks. im gonna watch a tv show and just keeps tabs on espn.com.

edit: ****. this got good but can't stay up later. should have made the fg i'll check in teh am.

Last edited:

Jeff

Florida Man
A 50% chance? And you're acting like that DOESN'T mean it was an easy schedule?

This is too funny. Thank you for this.
I have never said UCF had a hard schedule. Just posting relevant stats...
Troy beat LSU, LSU beat Auburn, Auburn beat Bama and UGA, does that make Troy the national champion? No, because that's ****ing stupid.

You've been following CFB long enough to know that the transitive property is a stupid thing to apply to CFB.
Troy wasn't undefeated... So this is irrelevant

UCF IS NOW YOUR NATIONAL CHAMPS!

They would have beaten either of those sorry ass teams

TBR

TYVMSAP
Bama only put up 14 against auburn. Doubt they would break 20 vs UCF

And we'll never know. Enjoy your parade, though.

Did it already happen? No one outside of Orlando really even knows. Bama wins again, because Nick Saban is undoubtedly the greatest coach of all time.

I just want him to go undefeated next season and win a 6th title at Bama so he can have the record, and ****ing retire to get dragged back to the underworld as the blood contract will have been completed.