Official 2019 College Football Thread

Derick

Best Of The Best
i said a long time ago the most miz thing ever would be to go undefeated, and be post season banned. never imagined the second most miz thing is looking like it could happen. lose to Arky for no bowl game. then since ncaa appeal is taking so long, and our season is over next week, the ban applies to next year. :fuuu:

idk if that's how it would work, but i could see it.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
i said a long time ago the most miz thing ever would be to go undefeated, and be post season banned. never imagined the second most miz thing is looking like it could happen. lose to Arky for no bowl game. then since ncaa appeal is taking so long, and our season is over next week, the ban applies to next year. :fuuu:

idk if that's how it would work, but i could see it.
Y’all aren’t losing to Arky.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Pretty incredible here:

After the Florida loss on September 21, Tennessee had just a 0.6% chance of a 7+ win season and a 5.6% chance of bowl eligibility, per
@ESPN_BillC.

Tennessee is one win away from a 7-5 finish.

Wandler

@nwandler
Congrats on your big win over *checks notes* Kentucky.

Kind of shocking the expectations were so low on beating some bad teams (Miss. St, South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, Mizz).

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Congrats on your big win over *checks notes* Kentucky.

Kind of shocking the expectations were so low on beating some bad teams (Miss. St, South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, Mizz).
WE LOST TO GEORGIA STATE.

Started 0-2 and 1-4.

Wandler

@nwandler
I mean, nothing wrong with losing to Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. I've got nothing for GA St. though. That was rough. Other than that seems like you guys won the games you should've.

Derick

Best Of The Best
I mean, nothing wrong with losing to Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. I've got nothing for GA St. though. That was rough. Other than that seems like you guys won the games you should've.
You're def overestimating who UT should and shouldn't beat. :lol: No way anyone looked at them pre season and said there are 3 teams they should lose too and beat the rest. They ended their season last year getting absolutely dumpstered by us and vandy. Same thing happened the year before :lol:

Wandler

@nwandler
But those teams were equally trash is what I'm saying. I don't think you could look at the schedule and say, whoa that was a big upset by Tennessee.

Derick

Best Of The Best
diff note. little birdy told me sanctions could be coming today. apparently the conference has some grounds to sue the ncaa if they don't do it before the season is over. i was curious if they would do it before selection sunday, but makes more sense that it has to be before the season is over. this week would be great news b/c it won't mess with post season next year. now just gotta get slaughtered by arky and there is no way odom can keep his job.

Derick

Best Of The Best
sanctions upheld. phase 1 complete. get pounded by arky pleeeeeeeeeease.

i'd actually take dooley as coach for a few years. terrible idea but not sure we could get a good hire with the sanctions. let dooley **** it up for a couple years and then new hire. i would take this over two more years of odom.